Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 11:47am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    We are the ever changing reflection in the mirror of Trollshido. Flame posts are our weapon, and we are their masters. Flame posts are our prison, and we are their slaves. We are the one who stands against many, till all are one. We are the Alph...Vince Tortelli. We are Vince Tortelli. That's what we meant. KEN SHAMROCK DOMINATUS!

@ W. Rabbit
    My problem with the bail outs is that they created what I'm going to refer to as an "immoral incentive". Several large corporations made some bone headed decisions, that blew big wads of their money. The government responded by giving them more big wads of taxpayer money. Given these events, how careful do you suppose said corporations will be about the possibility of blowing big wads of money via bone headed decisions in the future?
    ....and the answer to the problem besides a bail out was?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 11:56am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ....and the answer to the problem besides a bail out was?
    The thing about a "free market economy" is that the freedom to spread your wings and fly comes with the freedom to crater into the ground at an appreciable fraction of the speed of sound. I know, I know...it's easy for me to say that when I don't have to stare at the unemployment figures and power diving stock market that would have resulted from letting those companies go broke.

Then again, considering the unemployment figures and power diving stock market we've already lived through, I have trouble imaging that it could be worse. Our national credit rating is at "Brother-in-law who lives in his car" levels, and we're PRINTING MONEY out of thin air to manage the situation. I am having a hard time seeing how no bailout could have been worse.

:)

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think in part, the GOP are freaking out, b/c even though Romney was the best guy to run against the president, that was only because of the crazy pants wackos that mostly were in the primaries.

Romney is thin skinned, and kinda wooden.

These debates will likely affirm the narrative about him that he's himself built and documented for everyone. He's a brittle, poncy rich guy, who's never wanted, and is the most chickenhawkish guy imaginable (for the Vietnam war, goes to live in a mansion in France).

Not that he'd mention the troops/war in his acceptance speech at the convention. Why mar a perfectly sterile speech with something organic, tragic, and important to many poor families who's kids support this military.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:10pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing about a "free market economy" is that the freedom to spread your wings and fly comes with the freedom to crater into the ground at an appreciable fraction of the speed of sound. I know, I know...it's easy for me to say that when I don't have to stare at the unemployment figures and power diving stock market that would have resulted from letting those companies go broke.

Then again, considering the unemployment figures and power diving stock market we've already lived through, I have trouble imaging that it could be worse. Our national credit rating is at "Brother-in-law who lives in his car" levels, and we're PRINTING MONEY out of thin air to manage the situation. I am having a hard time seeing how no bailout could have been worse.
    Right, now think it out, since you believe you have the answer. It's called a domino effect. I hated the bail out too, what was your solution to answer for the domino effect.

:)

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vince, how did you feel when you heard GWB and Al Gore talking about projected surpluses, as though they were guaranteed?

How did you feel when GWB did the giant upper income tax cut, and launched 2 wars, all on credit?

Did you ever buy the war will pay for its self?

Has President Obama done better than GWB? Did one of them crash the economy, and the other turn it around, but not fast enough for the modern attention span, and media meta-cycles?

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:24pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burning-obama-flag.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	13762

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:27pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There were military beneficiaries of the stimulus funds?

Obama's personal friends benefited from stimulus funds?

No no you are thinking Bush/Cheney/Haliburton.

Obama gave money to Ford, GM, and Chrysler. You know, companies that form the backbone of America.

I'm OK with that "Industrial Complex".
    You must be one of those unemployed half-breed useful idiots.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 12:35pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustymars View Post
    As a 1/16 Cherokee I find this highly offensive. We shouldn't have ever granted you illegal aliens those worker visas.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 1:06pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burning-obama-flag.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	13762

Go home you facist.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 1:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering how long before you went this route. This is why your **** is in trollshido.