Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 6:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Single payer is sounding more straightforward.
    If we are going to have universal health care single payer would have made the most sense in many many ways.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 6:27pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well, Here We Go Again!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    If we are going to have universal health care single payer would have made the most sense in many many ways.
    Going back to greatness and historical view, if a future president reforms "Obamacare" the credit will go to the future president also regardless of fairness. I think historical greatness is unlikely for this president.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 8:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    greatness and presidency will always come down to who is teaching it. Case and point Ronald Regan, if your a conservative he was a great president if your a liberal you scratch you head as to why the hell the man is championed.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 9:10pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well, Here We Go Again!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    greatness and presidency will always come down to who is teaching it. Case and point Ronald Regan, if your a conservative he was a great president if your a liberal you scratch you head as to why the hell the man is championed.
    I have to disagree on this. Reagan still has influence and meaning to living conservatives and liberals. As time goes on he will blend into a bunch of other presidents and one or two achievements (or problems) will dominate the view. I am not saying there will be consensus but at some point people will look back and will say you have to judge Reagan based on being a president of the eighties and we can't hold him to today's standards. This blows my mind but I think it is true.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 10:47pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's good to see old Mitt being gracious in defeat.....

MITT Romney, in his first remarks since an unexpectedly lopsided election loss to Barack Obama, blamed his defeat on "gifts" showered by the president on his female, African-American and Hispanic supporters.

A little more than a week after the election, Romney in a phone call with his national finance committee accused Obama of following the "old playbook" by bestowing favours on key Democratic constituencies in exchange for their support at the ballot box.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...-1226517390563
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

:)

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 2:01am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    By definition sick people can get coverage, not insurance. You can't insure an event
    wordplay there. It's insurance coverage. People sadly don't get severely ill and avoid other problems.

Let people now debate private/govt insurance, not whether or not people have it. 21st century solutions. Private mandated insurance was a republican idea anyway. Everyone should be overjoyed.

No, no, blackie mc darklookingguy did it instead of some rubber stamp right winger. Thete'd a synthetic cognitive dissonance thing going on that is going to cost the right very much say, unless their ideas are coopted like ObamaRomneycare.

An opposition party should still find common ground. This birther nonsense, and all the unrealistic bullshit wastes time in this fast evolving world.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 11/15/2012 2:03am at . Reason: Hatehatehatethisphone

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 5:24am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading pro-Romney facebook updates for months I am now convinced the Obama hate is definately about his race and not about his policies.

I've read mindnumbingly stupid logical fails just to paint this picture of a muslim/african president who wants to ruin america etc.
    Sometimes I made the mistake of joining a conversation, simply asking questions about why they hate him so much, and soon enough you get reactions such as: 'whitepeople are being discriminated against in our own society!!!'

these are people from the mid west with a university degree...

I never realised just how racist the us society was.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 5:59am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I've read mindnumbingly stupid logical fails just to paint this picture of a muslim/african president who wants to ruin america etc.

It would be the ultimate troll

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 6:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    It's good to see old Mitt being gracious in defeat.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...-1226517390563
    Obama cheated by asking people to vote for him.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:11am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's see.

Obama, like Romney, is pro-war. He has drastically extended US commitments in the Middle East, escalated violence, and ordered extrajudicial assassinations of American citizens.

Obama, like Romney, was pro-SOPA.

Obama, like Romney, supports indefinite detentionof American citizens, and passed the NDAA.

Obama, like Romney, was pro-bailouts.

Obama, like Romney, was pro-stimulus.

Obama, like Romney, supports prohibition, and has executed more Federal raids on marijuana dealers in states that have legalized it than George W. Bush ever did, to the tune of a 4x increase. This despite laughing and joking about using marijuana and cocaine. It's too bad he was never caught with enough coke on him to be charged with a felony. Then we wouldn't have to deal with a massive hypocrite in office eroding our civil rights.

Obama, like Romney, was pro-Patriot Act, proving that he is nothing more than the successor to the administration of George W. Bush.

So yeah, I really hope he goes down in history as a great president.

A great failure of a president...