Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:25am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well, Here We Go Again!

Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    President Obama will go down as one of the greats. Detroit lived, Bin Laden died, fought the great recession, ended the Iraq debacle, same goes for the other
    Bush war (if all goes to plan), ended Don't ask don't tell (a disgrace). Spoke in favor of proper maria
    I honestly don't think those items will cut it for "the greats". As it is now, Reagan's achievements are being narrowed down to end of Cold War. IF and it's a big IF healthcare works out very well (as in dramatic improvement in overall US healthcare) there may be an opportunity for greatness. History is brutal that way; even big stuff tends to fade.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    President Obama will go down as one of the greats. Detroit lived, Bin Laden died, fought the great recession, ended the Iraq debacle, same goes for the other
    Bush war (if all goes to plan), ended Don't ask don't tell (a disgrace). Spoke in favor of proper marriage equality. Now make PR a state, appoint more moderate rational people to the SCOTUS, we need a renewable energy initiative, and fiscal things, but it's already a good record.
    It all depends on who is teaching the history class.

All and all I think we are making progress on social issues, and the economy will recover a good deal this term. I think it was wise to avoid overly hard austerity during his 1st term I do believe we will have to see some of it soon. I personally think its about time to go over that financial cliff I think we are strong enough to do so, but I am not a professional economist.

:)

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate typing on this phone.

The scandal plagued, corruption ridden, chickenhawk neocons wrre all up in Romneyworld. Amerka rejected those tools, and joined the 21st century.

60,000 people in Texas have signed a petition asking for the rihht to secede

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:44am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DADT was an abonination. DOMA is an arcane, superfluous travesty, and the Republican platform on abortion is a disgusting abortion of a position. Srsly, coerced rape babies? What in the fuckity **** is that barbaric shittery?

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate typing on this phone.

The scandal plagued, corruption ridden, chickenhawk neocons wrre all up in Romneyworld. Amerka rejected those tools, and joined the 21st century.

60,000 people in Texas have signed a petition asking for the rihht to secede
    No only slightly over 50% of America rejected those tools. This is an important concept. Obama won because he is a smarter campaigner had a better ground game and targeted the right distracts. Not because of a mandate of the people. He pretty much won because Superpacs extended the Republican primaries to a point that cost Romney a lot of political capital and voter fatigue.
    Don't get me wrong as a left leaning person I am happy that Obama won but lets not fool ourselves into thinking how significant this win is.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Don't get me wrong as a left leaning person I am happy that Obama won but lets not fool ourselves into thinking how significant this win is.
    You nailed it. I am more right leaning, and I am happy that Obama won; once again, as a lesser of two evils.

I like the saved Detroit, vanquished Bin Laden things as things that history will see as great accomplishments. I can hardly wait to see how the healthcare thing works out. That is the point at which I will try to call it.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sick people can get insurance, young adults can be on their parents plan till age 26. Win.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sick people can get insurance, young adults can be on their parents plan till age 26. Win.
    How about a middle-aged guy, currently in perfect health, who is one illness or injury away from bankruptcy without insurance? I make enough to have a little something, but recently left my primary job and the employer provided Blue Cross / Blue Shield. I work longer hours with a bit more stress and no insurance. I know I'm rolling the dice.

I am waiting to see how this will effect me before doing my cartwheels across the lawn. I can't get a straight answer from anyone about Obamacare, but I am hopeful.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 3:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say we just start settling elections and politics with boxing like we did in the 80s.

The self-made, capitalist underdog defeats the state-fed, oppressive communist machine in the end.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/14/2012 3:20pm at .

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 5:52pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well, Here We Go Again!

By definition sick people can get coverage, not insurance. You can't insure an event that already happened. Under 26 on parents is also an odd one. Not sure how that will play out long term. A bit if a strange burden to put on employers. Single payer is sounding more straightforward.