221323 Bullies, 3877 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1373
Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 2:50am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    IMO The only reason a falandering politician should have to resign is if they built a platform on moral values

Otherwise it is thier private buisness

I don't know if I'd vote for them though
    Normally, I would agree, but this isn't a typical politician. As a matter of fact, he isn't a politician, he was appointed by the President. If this wasn't a 'sensitive position', it probably wouldn't be such a big issue.

An elected legislator would not be required to have a security clearance for most matters. An appointee, employee, or contractor is mandated to have at least a Certificate Of Public Trust, if not a Secret or above clearance.

Criminal acts, credit issues, gambling, alcohol, or substance addictions, and infidelity can prevent a person from holding the necessary clearance to obtain employment or keep them from being retained. When I had a clearance, they went up my ass with a microscope. The background investigator spoke with people who live in the neighborhood where I grew up, my grammar school teachers and (here's the biggie) ex-wives. You can probably see the potential for a problem.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 8:31am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't kidding when I said I read Broadwell's book on Petraeus; it's a love letter. And, let's not be kidding ourselves, he was married to Samwise Gamgee.

I wonder if this isn't actually something that will benefit Petraeus on the long run. Like, clean house now, and run for president in four years - or, eight. But those are really just my lunchbreak thoughts. Watching the news over the pond with great interest.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Like, clean house now, and run for president in four years - or, eight. But those are really just my lunchbreak thoughts.
    What are your thoughts on his party affiliation should he decide on a run? A Bush Republican appointed by President Obama's Democratic party. He is obviously a non-conformist in either instance LOL.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 9:20am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be good to see a CiC with military back ground/combat experiance
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 9:34am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Well, Here We Go Again!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    the government isn't going into the weed selling business.
    Yes it will be cheaper. This is how the market works.
    hulk smash!!!
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 9:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously, my insights in the more vernacular ongoings in American politics are very limited, so I am not sure how valid this observation is: It seems to me that Petraeus choosing a side, that is if his career survives this affair, will depend on whether the Republican party manages to reposition itself against the Tea Party.

Petraeus is one of those oldschool Will Kane republicans; it would seem very strange to me that he would ally with the Rush Limbaughs of the nation - not just because of personal disdain, but because he has seen the difficulties John McCain had even with the most simple communication with that group.

But provided that all this works out, Petraeus/Steele for 2016, why not? - Word over here in Germany is that Obama, even with all the polemics, had a pretty easy electoral campaign, because all his opponents were comic book villains. Somebody who calls him out on his factual weaknesses, not just on some made-up ****, would have made a way harder competition.

As to Petraeus for the Democrats, I don't think that's going to happen, but, in general, I have no idea whom the Democrats are grooming as Obama's possible successor. Arne Duncan? Deval Patrick? Who knows.

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 10:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    I have no idea whom the Democrats are grooming as Obama's possible successor. Arne Duncan? Deval Patrick? Who knows.
    Clinton?

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at it this way. There are VERY few politicians who aren't plowing their interns, reporters, maids, Shwarzenegger's maids, soccer moms, receptionists, neighbor's dog, etc.

The only time it turns into a scandal, is when they get caught. Srsly, let's not kid each other, it's part of the political guy in power culture. Resigning over something only when you get caught is as shallow as divorcing a trophy wife after 20 years of marriage because gravity finally finished it's job.

We might as well give public figures a free pass on diddling whoever they choose to, as long as they keep their Quagmire-esque asses sober, and do their damn job.

The monkey has spoken.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    loose morals would be easier to overlook if your average falandering polititian was more than a pretty face and could actually do the job of governing, policy making, etc
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 12:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, we need better incentive. First politician to resolve the budget, improve their state's job market, and improve health/education/social services, gets 2 Anna Nicole clones.

MONKEY FOR PRESIDENT!!!
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit