221438 Bullies, 3748 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1373
Page 123 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,907

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I should say in places its has been largely decriminalized vs places it hasn't been
  2. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,579

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:27pm


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Naturally street prices are going to drop when street dealers have to compete with people that sell weed legally. I'm not sure what you were trying to say with your wiki link...
  3. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,579

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:28pm


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oopsie daisy, double post
  4. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,907

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:33pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Naturally street prices are going to drop when street dealers have to compete with people that sell weed legally. I'm not sure what you were trying to say with your wiki link...
    I was giving you a list of places that have decriminalized it so you can go check the prices. This still isn't even a pure model to look at as full production in most of the places can be ramped up. In a place where you can freely grow and sale something with out having to go to jail or your customers go to jail or be fined, guess what is going to happen to your supply.
    illegal products that are not stolen or boot leg is always more expensive.
    Also here is another parallel
    http://archives.hawaiireporter.com/f...0-f72fe6f9a3aa
  5. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,907

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:40pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Naturally street prices are going to drop when street dealers have to compete with people that sell weed legally. I'm not sure what you were trying to say with your wiki link...
    When you can sell weed legally street dealers(that only deal in weed) will largely go away. Yes they are still out there but honestly how many people are peddling alcohol with out the proper permits. --not counting the bootleg ****-- I mean the guy with the still in his back yard making his own stuff to sell to his neighbors and **** without paying the tax man.
  6. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,579

    Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:50pm


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I was giving you a list of places that have decriminalized it so you can go check the prices. This still isn't even a pure model to look at as full production in most of the places can be ramped up. In a place where you can freely grow and sale something with out having to go to jail or your customers go to jail or be fined, guess what is going to happen to your supply.
    illegal products that are not stolen or boot leg is always more expensive.
    Also here is another parallel
    http://archives.hawaiireporter.com/f...0-f72fe6f9a3aa
    Without before and after prices, or at least prices from venues that distribute after legalization, how "cheap" the weed is would simply be a matter of opinion. Like I said, we need more information.

    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    When you can sell weed legally street dealers(that only deal in weed) will largely go away. Yes they are still out there but honestly how many people are peddling alcohol with out the proper permits. --not counting the bootleg ****-- I mean the guy with the still in his back yard making his own stuff to sell to his neighbors and **** without paying the tax man.
    That guy with the still in his backyard tends to make a lot more money than you seem to think. And what is the difference between the "bootleg ****" and the guy in his backyard? Or did I read that wrong and they're one in the same?
  7. doofaloofa is online now
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,399

    Posted On:
    11/09/2012 1:12am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a bouyant black market in tobaco, alcohol and diesel fuel here, to avoid govt taxes and levys
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,907

    Posted On:
    11/09/2012 1:53am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Without before and after prices, or at least prices from venues that distribute after legalization, how "cheap" the weed is would simply be a matter of opinion. Like I said, we need more information.
    No you need more information. Like I said you can look at all sorts of cases that are similar to this. Such as prohibition. If your going to sit there and say theory blah blah blah and can't use deduct reasoning based on similar situations please do save your money and don't go to college.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    That guy with the still in his backyard tends to make a lot more money than you seem to think. And what is the difference between the "bootleg ****" and the guy in his backyard? Or did I read that wrong and they're one in the same?
    Never said the guy with the still didn't make good money.
    Instead of bootlegging I should have said counter fitting. For every instance of me saying bootlegging replace with counter fit or counter fitting.
  9. doofaloofa is online now
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,399

    Posted On:
    11/09/2012 2:34am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing
  10. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,579

    Posted On:
    11/09/2012 6:55am


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Well, Here We Go Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    There is a bouyant black market in tobaco, alcohol and diesel fuel here, to avoid govt taxes and levys
    And how do prices compare to those sold legally?

    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    No you need more information. Like I said you can look at all sorts of cases that are similar to this. Such as prohibition. If your going to sit there and say theory blah blah blah and can't use deduct reasoning based on similar situations please do save your money and don't go to college.
    Sir, you are the only one using "theory blah blah blah" as your argument. I said we need numbers, not speculation. What part of we need before and after blah blah blah do you feel the need to skirt around? Address what I've said recently, not my first post or two on the topic.

    Never said the guy with the still didn't make good money.
    Instead of bootlegging I should have said counter fitting. For every instance of me saying bootlegging replace with counter fit or counter fitting.
    Please don't tell me I need to forget about college because I'm too st st stupid and then continue to use words(?) like "counter fitting". It's counterfeiting, and it had nothing to do with the OP.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.