Style
    KM/MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Greetings from (arguably the best part of) the land down under

Sydney. The best part of Aus is Sydney (or maybe parts of Queensland >.>)

Anyway I finally got sick of being called a cowardly lurker so I figured I would register and introduce myself.

A little bit about my MA history:

I technically hold a black tip in Tae Kwon Do, however that was when I was 17 (five years ago) and looking back I now realise it was a pretty typical McDojo (I have no interest in starting an arguement over whether said academy is or isn't, and won't be posting the name here) as I was in all honesty pretty craptastic.

I've been training with one on one with a friend of mine who is ex-IDF focusing on KM techniques and aggression with resistance to techniques.

Finally I've been training at VT-1 MMA gym in Chatswood, Sydney for the past three weeks in KM and will be starting to cross train in Mauy Thai within the next few weeks.

I've tried previously to search BS for VT-1 reviews however I've found only one review which was BJJ based and also a huge amount of links from them demonstrating techniques. So what I'm asking is if anyone here has any experience with them, particularly in a context that isn't BJJ (for example in the ring against one of their MMA or muay Thai fighters).

Cheers!

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No experience, but if I remember correctly, they are a fighting gym. I was going to check them out when I lived in Pyrmont, but it's a **** to get back over the bridge considering you pay fucking nigh on $4 (or more, I don't know since they introduced the electronic system) each time.

What suburb you in?

EDIT: And Queensland dicks on Sydney. I should know. I've just moved here after 28 years of being a Sydneysider.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Style
    KM/MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm based in St Ives currently, back home with the folks which saves on bridge toll. I've got some family up around Brisbane and also noosa, nice places to visit but I like the city life here.

From my rather limited understanding of what to look for vt-1 seems like a good place to be training, found myself a good training partner in my KM classes and after a few attempts to figure the technique we go pretty full force (obviously with safety still in mind).

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    St Ives, that's a fair drive, although not too bad. At least it's against the traffic into Chatswood. I used to drive from Pyrmont to Concord WITH the traffic.

Seriously, though, when I was looking for gyms last year, it came up as a legit option and one worth travelling to.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.