Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 3:24pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    One thing that seems kinda weird to me here:

Don't you guys have marines guarding your embassies? I remember the US Embassy in Pretoria always had armed guys in US Uniforms outside, yet the only mention of security I'm seeing in all these articles is of Libyan security forces.

Also, I know a lot of Bullies play Eve Online, one of the guys killed was Vile Rat.
    http://themittani.com/news/rip-vile-rat
    http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=73406
    Marines do guard embassies. In Benghazi, the compound was a Consulate, not the main embassy. The Ambassador was there to see a new US Cultural Center (Please, no jokes about the oxymoron...). No Marines were stationed at the Consulate.

Marines do not typically provide security outside the Embassy. In high risk areas, State Department Diplomatic Security may provide a detail to the Ambassador, but it is usually very small and supplemented by Contractors -- both US and local hires.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 3:29pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I know I may get some degree of hate for this, but I would be ok with the outlawing of all religion. As I said earlier I believe it borderlines on mental illness, and in alot of cases it crosses that border.
    I do not agree with you, but believe you have every right to express your opinion, despite the fact that you advocate doing away with my First Amendment right to practice my chosen religion.

There. Wasn't that reasonable?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 3:56pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point.
    The point was not directed at you. Just pointing out that the lack of a blasphemy charge against you and that I am not "incited" are normal US behavior. Our state department can't seem to clearly communicate that 1) we will not bring blasphemy charges against our citizens even at the risk of war. (I am using the term blasphemy to be perfectly clear what we are talking about and how crazy this is.) and 2) we assign 100% of blame to those who cross the line and use violence.

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 4:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More fuel for the fire...

Libya says it has arrested someone in connection with the firefight at the US Consulate.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

As an anti-Islam video continued to spawn protests and violence around the region, Libya's prime minister said Thursday at least one person has been arrested -- and others were in authorities' sights -- tied to the killings of a U.S. ambassador and three others this week.

"This is not acceptable to the Libyan people; this is not acceptable to our values," Prime Minister Mustafa Abushagur told CNN, referring to Tuesday's deadly assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. "We are taking this very, very seriously."

The one suspect arrested and "three or four" being actively pursued are Libyans, Abushagur said, adding there are "suspicions that these people belong to some extremist group, but ... that is something we don't know."
    I am very concerned about the spread of the protests. CNN is reporting protest crowds of various sizes in several locations:
    Since Tuesday's deadly assault in Libya -- and a protest the same day at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo -- demonstrations, both small and large, have been reported in Israel, Gaza, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Iraq, Iran and among Muslims in the Indian-controlled region of Kashmir.
    The danger is that the US will be forced to defend an embassy with lethal force, and this will further spiral the situation out of control. We can debate endlessly whether or not the US should push back rioters from the sovereign grounds of an embassy. (If it is done to defend the personnel at the embassy -- which typically include local hires as well as State Department employees, I don't have a problem with reasonable and justifiable force.) It is the consequences -- and the spin -- that will matter. This is a volatile situation that seems to be getting worse.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Marines do guard embassies. In Benghazi, the compound was a Consulate, not the main embassy. The Ambassador was there to see a new US Cultural Center (Please, no jokes about the oxymoron...). No Marines were stationed at the Consulate.

Marines do not typically provide security outside the Embassy. In high risk areas, State Department Diplomatic Security may provide a detail to the Ambassador, but it is usually very small and supplemented by Contractors -- both US and local hires.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven IMO, something very weird is going on here.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about this Abushagur guy, does he seem like he would truly sympathize with us in this situation or is it likely he is using these "three or four people" plus the one in custody as scapegoats so it seems like he's doing something?
    Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 5:09pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh boy do I know a thing or two about this...

Also, Erezb, stop being a drama queen. Muslims ain't the problem, it's Arabs. Me being one of them.

This country is a fucking cesspool, it has nothing to do with religion.

People get all emotional and beat **** up.

Always been like this. All it takes is one guy to start the mob, and then the mob rules, that's how chicks get publicly raped, and how people here kill each other in fights or disputes.

It no longer becomes the will of each person doing what they believe is right.

It becomes the will of the mob, everyone is united in anonymity.

Violence becomes much easier, and morals fall.

No consequences if nobody knows who the **** you are...

And if everybody else is doing it...

This country is a fucking cesspool man.

All you little bitches whining religion this religion that are the reason this **** happened in the first place.

Why criticize a way that many barbaric people follow? If you are truly above this, you should know better than to fuel the fire.

I would say the blood of the American ambassador is partly on the guy who made this movie's hands. What did he expect insulting something that most people hold dearest in a region with no government? Peace offerings? **** off.

In my honest opinion, a couple tactical nukes should be dropped on the entire Middle East, should solve the problem.

I would be glad to die for such a worthy cause of cleaning **** up.

But you might need to nuke some more places while you're at it...

Oh and I really don't give a **** what kind of movies anyone makes...If I don't like a movie I don't watch it.

As an Arab, and a Muslim I say: Prophet or no prophet, who gives a ****?

Everyone is an asshole. Everyone is guilty.

I know that I've never killed anyone, never even broken the law, and (tried to) never hurt anybody. Heck I stole a toy robot that turned into a car and back to a robot as a kid but was so guilty that I gave it back and apologized.

I ain't gonna be made guilty for this **** when I've done nothing. **** you.
    Last edited by Mister; 9/13/2012 5:50pm at . Reason: Added some shit, okay a lot of shit.

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 5:38pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Oh boy do I know a thing or two about this...
    So? Share. Cryptic statement is ... cryptic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 6:09pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    You are a patronizing douche. I am not an Arab and i take offense. You really think they can't tell between right or wrong???? they can!!! their rights and wrongs are from the Qur'an and it says it's good to kill infidels in the name of god! and if you blasphemy you should die! They look down at you and your cloture thinking we are all depraved rotten subhumans. Don't think they don't know better, cause they think they do.
    I say "education", and you think I mean, "juvenile". Funny.
    What I meant is that we in America and most of the former Christian empire, have been taught that we've done a lot of things wrong. We've been taught enough to not fall apart when someone says something we disagree with.
    For the most part.
    I mean, you took a **** on this thread when I spoke up against your latest "muslims are evil" diatribe, despite that I conceded some points to you.
    Go ahead. Rationalize your hatred again. It's kind of funny that you don't even realize that you're a reflection of what you hate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 6:18pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    So? Share. Cryptic statement is ... cryptic.
    *Cough* I shared enough.

Everyone's crying about an ambassador, which is a great example of human compassion and which is an innocent life that I'm sad for too, nobody should die at all.

Meanwhile my Palestinian mates Bassam and Ahmed whom by the way play Judo with me and are very skilled fighters that I have often made wisecracks at calling them "Dirty Palestinians" and "Rotten Easterners" all in good spirits are driven out of their homes all the way to Egypt because of Israeli war crimes.

And there's a THOUSAND others like them. Not a single worldly tear.

**** this I'm going to live in a cave from now on.

All I need is a sparring partner.

Can't fucking have even that because I broke a vertebra in my back and can't fight for a while.

Can I have a gym in a cave?
    Last edited by Mister; 9/13/2012 6:23pm at .
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast