222018 Bullies, 4192 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 2324 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Citation needed. I don't believe they allow members to join with out some sort of acknowledgement of the divine but I don't recall any anti-atheist persecution or restrictions on their freedom of religion stance.
    No, a citation is not needed. Reading comprehension is needed on your part.

Point to where I said freemasons were responsibile for anti-atheist persecution. Citation needed.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:27am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Unless your God is none.
    Southpaw stated that Freemasons have supported religious freedom and you responded: UNLESS.

My comments indicate I don't recall any persecution or mandate to believe from this group so I don't see how the freemasons don't support religious freedom. That is what I am asking a citation for. Any form of exception to religious freedom on the part of Freemasons. You may be right, that's why I ask.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next time some garbage spouting douchestick starts telling you about how Christian the Founders were or how Christian the nation is supposed to be,
    just quote history...when they're quoting some pundit, and you can quote John Adams, there is no contest, really.

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Christianity...(has become) the most perverted system that ever shone on man...Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and imposters led by Paul, the first great corruptor of the teachings of Jesus."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulturated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    "Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole cartloads of other trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?"
    - John Adams

"The doctrine of the divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity."
    - John Adams

"I would not dare to so dishonor my Creator God by attaching His name to that book (the Bible)."
    -John Adams

"What influence in fact have Christian ecclesiastical establishments had on civil society? In many instances they have been upholding the thrones of political tyrrany. In no instance have they been seen as the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty have found in the clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate liberty, does not need the clergy."
    - James Madison

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Unless your God is none.
    Not true...freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

Yes...an atheist cannot become a Mason...but Freemasons (in my experience) would defend your right to believe what you want as long as it doesn't impact other people's beliefs.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both Jefferson and Adams were Christians...but not in any sense of the word as it is known in our country today.

They were both anti-church and church doctrine...but also both believed in the teachings (if not the divinity) of Jesus. Jefferson wrote what is commonly referred to as the "Jefferson Bible"...which basically is just the teachings of Jesus.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 10:52am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Next time some garbage spouting douchestick starts telling you about how Christian the Founders were or how Christian the nation is supposed to be,
    just quote history...when they're quoting some pundit, and you can quote John Adams, there is no contest, really.

- Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Jefferson
    - John Adams

- John Adams

-John Adams

- James Madison
    Yeah, that's a whole two of them, with your own cherry-picked quotes, compared to numerous quotes from others, several of whom were ministers or had theological backgrounds, countless of letters from George Washington extoling Christian teaching & virtue, and all of Jefferson's writing earlier in life when he was much more faithful.

So when some idiot like you gets his ass in a rut over how the Founders weren't Christian, you're being just as bumfucking stupid as the Christian idiots who insist America was founded as a Christian nation. In short, shut the **** up.

Jesus **** my eye Christ, how bad is it when a Buddhist teacher has to school people on Christianity TWICE in one thread!!!!

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:20pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Yeah, that's a whole two of them
    Three actually. Jefferson, Adams, and Madison.

So when some idiot like you gets his ass in a rut over how the Founders weren't Christian, you're being just as bumfucking stupid as the Christian idiots who insist America was founded as a Christian nation. In short, shut the **** up.
    I didn't say they "weren't Christian". But from the quotes I posted one could come to the conclusion that plenty of the Founders were aware of the dangers of creating a "Christian" nation.

Jesus **** my eye Christ, how bad is it when a Buddhist teacher has to school people on Christianity TWICE in one thread!!!!
    You've schooled no one on Christianity though, especially this Quaking Christian.

If you want to school me, tell me more about which sitting cushions are the best.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/19/2012 12:25pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:26pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just quote history...
    So, your position is that a bunch of genoicidal, slave trading, boot legging wife swappers who settled disagreements with duels to the death were atheists, not Christians?
    Sure, let's go with that.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:29pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    So, your position is that a bunch of genoicidal, slave trading, boot legging wife swappers who settled disagreements with duels to the death were atheists, not Christians?
    Sure, let's go with that.
    Nope. But I can now make my point that you have trouble reading.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:32pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say they "weren't Christian".
    Next time some garbage spouting douchestick starts telling you about how Christian the Founders were
    Do not make me get Fake to get semantical on you.