• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 12:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I guess you have heard of the killings of Americans allegedly over a movie on you tube depicting Islam and its creator Muhammad in a "non- flattering" way.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lled-live.html
    here there is also a link to a part of the movie.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...280316,00.html
    well i don't really know where to start, I’m a bit shocked that the Government actually condoned this independent movie, which has every right to exist under the free speech laws all over the civilized world.
    Second, i can’t believe that the Muslim’s violent radical and extremely hypocritical actions are actually working for them, and people will use free speech as long as it is not against Muslims.
    In Egypt for example exist an extremely anti-Semitic TV series that depict Jews in the most ridiculous and evil way possible, a thing that is not denounced by either the Egyptian government or Muslims there. So why is it ok for Muslims to ridicule everybody else on TV, fully expecting us to stay calm, continue living with them normally and of course not become homicidal maniacs on every Muslim we see?
    Is it just me or is there a double standard when dealing with Muslims?
    Yes there is a double standard and you can blame the hippie politicaly correct fuckers for it.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 12:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is all that needs to be said:

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 12:44pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Comedian Bill Maur called religion a mental illness, I think that pretty much sums it up.
    No it does not. This is not a referendum on religion. Violent extremists committed an act of war against the US with NO justification. The 1st amendment is a ban on this behavior (violent suppression of ideas) and upholds the right of the people to express ideas. The statement able is as offensive to these violent attackers as the video cited as the reason for the attack.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 12:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    No it does not. This is not a referendum on religion. Violent extremists committed an act of war against the US with NO justification. The 1st amendment is a ban on this behavior (violent suppression of ideas) and upholds the right of the people to express ideas. The statement able is as offensive to these violent attackers as the video cited as the reason for the attack.
    Oh please this was nothing more than another excuse for the extremists to stack up bodies. It could have just as easy been a full moon that set them off. They are batshit crazy and yes their religeon does in part make them that way.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 1:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Oh please this was nothing more than another excuse for the extremists to stack up bodies. It could have just as easy been a full moon that set them off. They are batshit crazy and yes their religeon does in part make them that way.
    Or they are honestly offended and get violent. Either way I don't care. Calling religion a mental disease ignores that we need to stand for our values, specifically the 1st amendment and our sovereignty in an embassy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 1:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calling religion a mental disease ignores that we need to stand for our values, specifically the 1st amendment and our sovereignty in an embassy.
    You might be angry, but you need to calm down. You are making less sense as you continue to type.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 1:26pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think the US needs to focus on 1) we don't control religion or speech in the United States, 2) comments by US citizens does not justify attacks on US embassies.

I have come to expect attacks on the US for various reasons. I do expect the US government to stand firmly behind these two issues and based on the response so far, I don't believe it has.

I don't think discussions on the merits of religion address these two main points.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 1:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think the US needs to focus on 1) we don't control religion or speech in the United States,
    Yes, we do.

Simplest proof? Hate speech laws.

2) comments by US citizens does not justify attacks on US embassies.
    No, it does not.

I have come to expect attacks on the US for various reasons. I do expect the US government to stand firmly behind these two issues and based on the response so far, I don't believe it has.
    Well, that's your opinion based on issues you find important. Nothing to argue here.
    I don't think discussions on the merits of religion address these two main points.
    Well, then you should refrain from using religious overtones in your posts as well.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 2:21pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "endowed by their Creator" is what I am sure you are referring to. I don't think we can avoid historical religious elements of where individual rights philosophy originated. This was a response to "divine right of kings" but it also is relevant to this modern issue. The opposing view is the Creator does not endow rights and we have no right to blaspheme. There is also secular philosophical approaches to the bill of rights but that does not eliminate the conflict. My intention was to not avoid the inherent conflict not to editorialize on religion also. Secular beliefs should also be protected under our 1st amendment even if it offends the people who would attack our embassies.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 3:22pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw the reactions on the streets of Egypt and Libya. People there are less than sympathetic and are actually angry that their leaders apologised for the killing and rioting.
    For how long is the argument "it is just a hand full of extremist' going to hold? Clinton just said that she is shocked that the man that helped liberate and resurrect the Libyans was killed by the same people, but then adds that he wasn't killed by the Libyan people but by a radical and small group...If so why are you shocked he was killed in Libya by Libyans ?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast