Punch your friends in the facebook (etc.) SHARE THIS!:

Registered Member

Style: 
    jujitsu

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 3:55pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz on Karate

• Nick Diaz explains the fundamental role karate plays in many martial artist way.
    • English

Middleweight

Style: 
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 9:18pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz on Karate

Nick Diaz is fun when was the last time he used those moves?

:)

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick is one of my very favorite fighters. He's about it.

Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 8:45pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz on Karate

Nick Diaz knows what's up when it comes to fighting.

Registered Member

Style: 
    MMA

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 6:44pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Nick Diaz knows what's up when it comes to fighting.
    Except when fighting people that use strategy. Then he gets upset, flashes gang signs, and cries like a baby.

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuayThaiBri67 View Post
    Except when fighting people that use strategy. Then he gets upset, flashes gang signs, and cries like a baby.
    The strategy of running away pisses me off too (as a fan). Diaz comes to fight, not run around, fleeing the scene before every exchange.

MMA needs more guys who are this game to throw down. If I wanted dancing, I'd watch dancing.

Registered Member

Style: 
    MMA

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    The strategy of running away pisses me off too (as a fan). Diaz comes to fight, not run around, fleeing the scene before every exchange.

MMA needs more guys who are this game to throw down. If I wanted dancing, I'd watch dancing.
    Really? So your saying that foot work isn't proper fighting strategy? A fighter that has no patience shouldn't be fighting.

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 4:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? So your saying that foot work isn't proper fighting strategy? A fighter that has no patience shouldn't be fighting.
    Footwork is vital. That doesn't have to mean a strategy of retreat, without payoff - beyond points. Fighting to a decision, beyond a mid fight injury prompted change-of-plan pisses me off.

In his pride days, Crocop would back up, and circle, and then deliver hideous straight lefts, and round kicks from both sides. he was the smaller man enough, to make in sensible, and had enough power to make that work. Crocop left us fans with a long HL reel of KO's.

Most fighters, however (from what I've seen) can't turn backing off, and retreating into exciting fights/wins. As a fan, I resent not bringing it to the other guy as part of a game plan. If they're fighting in the right weightclass, and had a proper camp, that shouldn't be a problem.

My favorite combat sports people all bring it, all the time. It's only a preference. I want exciting fights, and admire fighters who'll come forward. There are ways to come forward even against a talented counter-striker.

Imagine an American Football team that runs the ball every single play of a game. Even if they win, would it not piss you off a little, knowing what all is involved in the totality of the sport's skillset?

Registered Member

Style: 
    MMA

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 7:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Footwork is vital. That doesn't have to mean a strategy of retreat, without payoff - beyond points. Fighting to a decision, beyond a mid fight injury prompted change-of-plan pisses me off.

In his pride days, Crocop would back up, and circle, and then deliver hideous straight lefts, and round kicks from both sides. he was the smaller man enough, to make in sensible, and had enough power to make that work. Crocop left us fans with a long HL reel of KO's.

Most fighters, however (from what I've seen) can't turn backing off, and retreating into exciting fights/wins. As a fan, I resent not bringing it to the other guy as part of a game plan. If they're fighting in the right weightclass, and had a proper camp, that shouldn't be a problem.

My favorite combat sports people all bring it, all the time. It's only a preference. I want exciting fights, and admire fighters who'll come forward. There are ways to come forward even against a talented counter-striker.

Imagine an American Football team that runs the ball every single play of a game. Even if they win, would it not piss you off a little, knowing what all is involved in the totality of the sport's skillset?
    I see what your saying, and I agree in part. But if a guy isn't going to stand in front of you and strike it out then losing patience, and flashing gang signs isn't going to win you a fight.

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 12:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see what your saying, and I agree in part. But if a guy isn't going to stand in front of you and strike it out then losing patience, and flashing gang signs isn't going to win you a fight.
    That's true, but it sums up the feelings of many a passionate fan, and makes the other guy look like a douche.

I don't blame Diaz for EVERYONE seeming to be afraid to take him down.

There's striking range, clinch range, and the ground. The creation of the fourth range...running range strikes me as a step away from exciting sports competition. That's all. People are gonna always try to win, but trying to not lose sucks goat balls.

EDIT: I want bankers and government to try to not lose/fail...for fighting sports, I want attempted winning. It isn't warfare, it's sports, and entertainment.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 9/17/2012 12:52am at .