Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 8:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Running has worked better than anything else I've done, other than controlling my diet.
    Running and I are natural enemies in the wild.

I should probably just get over that... ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 9:21am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Running and I are natural enemies in the wild.

I should probably just get over that... ;)
    I think you should – I’m afraid that running is great for burning calories and building stamina. How come you don’t like running? Most people I’ve come across who say that tend to run for a few times, overdo it and spend the next few days with chronic muscle fatigue that puts them off. The knack is to start gently and build up (and have an iPod)

It sounds like you are in a similar situation to where I was a few years ago – I had a long commute, long work days and lack of exercise. I weight ballooned and ended up with a gut. Running was a key part of getting myself back into shape. Really, really good running link - http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/traini...ing-programmes

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm walking at least 2.5 miles daily and 40+ minutes daily.

I'm doing pullups and pushups till my arms fail.

I've started doing squats with my GF on my back.

I'm losing weght almost evereywhere.

But I've still got a beer belly. Not nearly as huge as it was before I started losing weight, but that stubborn little fucker is the last to go.

My love handles are almost gone. My back fat is almost gone. My shamefull man-tities are on the outs. I almost look fit for the first time in years!

But I still have a pooch right above my belt buckle. It's the last holdout.

What do y'all reccomend for fat busting in the spare tire area?
    How bland is your bland pallete?

Beans and rice are cheap as heck. If you can't cook you can find them "ready to serve".

Here's a recipe for "POWER MEAL"

1 can of your favorite baked beans

1 lbs of cooked rice (ready made bag or dehydrated in your case)

1 can of your favorite chilli

1 lbs your choice of protein. I like most of the barnyard animals for this recipe, JMO.

You can add whatever vegetables you want if you need to add fiber.

This stuff is RIB STICKIN'. Super high protein, decent carbs, hella cheap. About a fist sized pile will fill you up and keep your clock ticking for hours. Helped me through some lean times!
    Perhaps if you didn't have such a horrible diet you'd see some progress. Your exercising is pretty soft, so you'll have to diet hard. Or exercise hard and diet soft. Or diet and exercise hard. I don't know if you have the actual gumption to do it, as I can see that you still kind of see walking as a means of real exercise.

I'm not posting this to be an asshole, but if you TRULY and really want to get into shape then stop dicking around with walking and other bullshit. Lift some weights. Run. Do something to get your heart beating. The muscle straining you're doing by doing your push ups (albeit you are overweight) and whatever won't do anything for you. Lift weights and do things that are high impact. Your soft bellied nonsense won't help you.

Also learn about the differences between carbs and proteins and how they breakdown. Learn about how different sugars and different carbs and how your liver prioritizes the breakdown of those things.

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 3:46pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Perhaps if you didn't have such a horrible diet you'd see some progress. Your exercising is pretty soft, so you'll have to diet hard. Or exercise hard and diet soft. Or diet and exercise hard. I don't know if you have the actual gumption to do it, as I can see that you still kind of see walking as a means of real exercise.

I'm not posting this to be an asshole, but if you TRULY and really want to get into shape then stop dicking around with walking and other bullshit. Lift some weights. Run. Do something to get your heart beating. The muscle straining you're doing by doing your push ups (albeit you are overweight) and whatever won't do anything for you. Lift weights and do things that are high impact. Your soft bellied nonsense won't help you.

Also learn about the differences between carbs and proteins and how they breakdown. Learn about how different sugars and different carbs and how your liver prioritizes the breakdown of those things.
    Ok, I see that you are honestly trying to motivate me here and not be a prick about it. So I'll take a break from our usual ball busting and respond properly.

THe walking is just a daily baseline of activity. I don't think of it as a serious "excersize" as it's really just my commute. I do consider it a warmup which is suposed to help your gains during the serious excersises. (or so I've read...)

I'm doing squats, push ups and pull ups to failure every time I work out. I do not quit until I feel like I'm going to throw up.

AFA as diet, have a meal with me sometime! I eat very few processed foods. (avoid is a better term) I mostly stick to as much lean meat and fresh vegatables as I can. My druthers is one serving of carbs a day but budget sometimes gets in the way of that. (Every now and then ecconomics forces me to eat a big bowl of spagetti).

Don't take my post int the "eat cheap" thread as a sample of my daily diet. That's the "five dollars to feed a man for a week" diet. I eat better than that when I can wich thankfully is often these days.

And FWIW my body is changing for the better because of it. I do work as hard and eat as well as my lifestyle will allow. That's not an excuse, just the truth. Some days a man can only afford beans and rice. Especially young guys.

I also spend at least 20 hours a week fucking. I highly reccomend it...

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 4:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I see that you are honestly trying to motivate me here and not be a prick about it. So I'll take a break from our usual ball busting and respond properly.

THe walking is just a daily baseline of activity. I don't think of it as a serious "excersize" as it's really just my commute. I do consider it a warmup which is suposed to help your gains during the serious excersises. (or so I've read...)

I'm doing squats, push ups and pull ups to failure every time I work out. I do not quit until I feel like I'm going to throw up.

AFA as diet, have a meal with me sometime! I eat very few processed foods. (avoid is a better term) I mostly stick to as much lean meat and fresh vegatables as I can. My druthers is one serving of carbs a day but budget sometimes gets in the way of that. (Every now and then ecconomics forces me to eat a big bowl of spagetti).

Don't take my post int the "eat cheap" thread as a sample of my daily diet. That's the "five dollars to feed a man for a week" diet. I eat better than that when I can wich thankfully is often these days.

And FWIW my body is changing for the better because of it. I do work as hard and eat as well as my lifestyle will allow. That's not an excuse, just the truth. Some days a man can only afford beans and rice. Especially young guys.

I also spend at least 20 hours a week fucking. I highly reccomend it...
    1. Nobody gives a **** about your fucking habits. It's not impressive and nobody cares.

2. Walking is not warm up. Walking does not give you any kind of resistance or impact. The amount of walking you'd have to do to make walking a "warm up" is so seriously enormous that the benefits wouldn't be worth the cost.

3. Doing squats, push ups and pull ups is whatever, but from the way that you post I can tell that you're either

A) Not doing them with all that much explosive effort and you're just going through the motions.

B) Doing them to failure doesn't matter.

C) You need real reisistance. You need to do things that give your heart a pounding. This is not how you do it. I went from 153lbs to 145lbs in a matter of 2 weeks from just doing tons and tons of heart destroying physical work. High resistance and high impact is what you need. You're not doing any of that. You're thinking that muscle strain is going to help you. It doesn't. Muscle strain is one thing, losing weight is another.

D) All of the above.

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 4:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    1. Nobody gives a **** about your fucking habits. It's not impressive and nobody cares.

2. Walking is not warm up. Walking does not give you any kind of resistance or impact. The amount of walking you'd have to do to make walking a "warm up" is so seriously enormous that the benefits wouldn't be worth the cost.

3. Doing squats, push ups and pull ups is whatever, but from the way that you post I can tell that you're either

A) Not doing them with all that much explosive effort and you're just going through the motions.

B) Doing them to failure doesn't matter.

C) You need real reisistance. You need to do things that give your heart a pounding. This is not how you do it. I went from 153lbs to 145lbs in a matter of 2 weeks from just doing tons and tons of heart destroying physical work. High resistance and high impact is what you need. You're not doing any of that. You're thinking that muscle strain is going to help you. It doesn't. Muscle strain is one thing, losing weight is another.

D) All of the above.
    If you don't give a **** then don't try posting advice in my thread asshole.

I went from 250 - 220 not being a bitch ass know it all like you.

WHy are you trolling in the serious forums anyways?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 5:27pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't give a **** then don't try posting advice in my thread asshole.

I went from 250 - 220 not being a bitch ass know it all like you.

WHy are you trolling in the serious forums anyways?
    250-220 in how many months? How long did that take you? Great you lost about 12% of your bodyweight, what's a nominal body weight for you? How tall are you?

You say that like it's some kind of achievement that you got rid of the fat you already shouldn't have had anyway.

I don't care about your bullshit sex life. Nobody does. Stop parading it, because it's embarrassing.

I'm at 153 with a body fat percentage of around 12% maybe. 145 at around 7% body fat. I'm going BEYOND what my athletic body weight is. The stake are different. You're just trying to not be fat anymore. I'm trying to be competitive. We're on completely different scales.

My objective here, homer, is that you don't know what you're doing and you need to open your eyes to that. Restructure what you THINK you know by admitting that you don't really know and do what people who CLEARLY KNOW MORE THAN YOU are telling you to do.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 11:32am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Machette, for your carbs, look into eating quinoa. Not only is it a good carb, it is probably one of the only non-animal proteins that are complete. It cooks like rice and it is pretty cheap, about $2.50 a pound depending on where you are.

I have the same struggle that you have with the Pudge. Eating less red meat has helped a lot, and when I do it is either bison or grain-fed beef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 12:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Hey Machette, for your carbs, look into eating quinoa. Not only is it a good carb, it is probably one of the only non-animal proteins that are complete. It cooks like rice and it is pretty cheap, about $2.50 a pound depending on where you are.

I have the same struggle that you have with the Pudge. Eating less red meat has helped a lot, and when I do it is either bison or grain-fed beef.
    Good call! That quinoa stuff isn't bad. Nutritional content is through the roof! Love it in soups and stews. (instead of rice or noods)

That and some fresh greens with asst. veggies. Some lean meat on the side. Make a man stong like bull!

Just got a bike too. That's some variable intensity cardio I can do for hours at a stretch and still enjoy it. Oh, it's ON NOW!!!!

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 6:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still waiting on an answer for all of my questions.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast