Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 2:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Muffin Top?

So I'm walking at least 2.5 miles daily and 40+ minutes daily.

I'm doing pullups and pushups till my arms fail.

I've started doing squats with my GF on my back.

I'm losing weght almost evereywhere.

But I've still got a beer belly. Not nearly as huge as it was before I started losing weight, but that stubborn little fucker is the last to go.

My love handles are almost gone. My back fat is almost gone. My shamefull man-tities are on the outs. I almost look fit for the first time in years!

But I still have a pooch right above my belt buckle. It's the last holdout.

What do y'all reccomend for fat busting in the spare tire area?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you just have to keep up the good work. for me that's the last place i lose it and the first place it comes back. i usually can't really lose it all unless i'm cutting weight, doing crazy **** like eating nothing but a protein source and spinach salad for dinner every night and cutting every bit of garbage out of my diet.

edit: actually for me it's the love handles that are the last to go, but everyone is different.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 3:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's your body fat percentage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 5:53pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you just have to keep up the good work. for me that's the last place i lose it and the first place it comes back. i usually can't really lose it all unless i'm cutting weight, doing crazy **** like eating nothing but a protein source and spinach salad for dinner every night and cutting every bit of garbage out of my diet.
    Yup, this.

Unless I'm training like a beast and calorie counting I'll always have a little bit of spare flab on the love handles/gut. I can lose it in a couple of weeks by doing a proper cut but it's a hellish thing to completely get rid of. I think it's just something that happens once you reach a certain age (early-mid 30s in my case)

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    my tanita scale claims that i have 7.5% body fat, but i can't believe that i have that little and still have some love handles, so i'm guessing that it's not very accurate. probably under 10% though.

wait, were you asking me?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 6:08pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Heck if I know. Somewhere between marshmallow and sack of used bubblegum.

More than I'd like, that's for sure!

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 6:18pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abs are made in the kitchen, bro. That's what I keep getting told. I have the same problem, to a degree. It's all about diet. Cut out carbs except from veggies and have zero sugar. One day I'll get the "victory V", but it will only happen if I discipline myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 7:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    So I'm walking at least 2.5 miles daily and 40+ minutes daily.

I'm doing pullups and pushups till my arms fail.

I've started doing squats with my GF on my back.

I'm losing weght almost evereywhere.

But I've still got a beer belly. Not nearly as huge as it was before I started losing weight, but that stubborn little fucker is the last to go.

My love handles are almost gone. My back fat is almost gone. My shamefull man-tities are on the outs. I almost look fit for the first time in years!

But I still have a pooch right above my belt buckle. It's the last holdout.

What do y'all reccomend for fat busting in the spare tire area?
    How old are you? When you're young enough you can usually get a flat stomach with just a good diet and by burning fat. When you start getting older, even if you get your body fat lowered you'll need to do ab work to maintain some muscle tone in your gut. Otherwise you'll have a soft belly that sags and looks fat even if you're thin.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 8:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    How old are you? When you're young enough you can usually get a flat stomach with just a good diet and by burning fat. When you start getting older, even if you get your body fat lowered you'll need to do ab work to maintain some muscle tone in your gut. Otherwise you'll have a soft belly that sags and looks fat even if you're thin.
    I turn 33 next month. I've definitely noticed a major change in my metabolism since @ 27.

Today I'm about the same weight I was in my early 20's but I think I'm in better shape. I can exercise a lot more and I'm not abusing my body as much.

I can't cut carbs completely due to budget reasons. I need that rice, grain or noodles to get enough food. I try to keep the portions as small as I can get away with and I do stick to brown or wild rice and whole grains as much as possible. (Make my own whole grain crackers and such.)

I think I might have to stop being a such lazy bitch and just do the damn jump rope and crunches if I ever want to look cexxxy for my ol' lady.

Thanks for the advice guys! It's good to hear input from people who have also had to deal with the ol' battle of the bulge.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 8:40pm

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Running has worked better than anything else I've done, other than controlling my diet. Don't stress too much if you're in otherwise good shape but still have a little bit of flab left. I'm 5'5" and about 140 pounds after 4 months in Thailand, and even now I've still got a little bit of stomach pudge covering my abs. They're semi-visible, but they're not "cut" like the ideal is supposed to be. Reiterating what's already been said, most people just aren't going to get that look unless they're on a weight cut.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast