Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 7:24pm

Style: Mogung

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jim Lacy 8 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    okay here are a couple questions......... and i'm sure someone can answer them

1. what does breaking stuff show?
    2. if their are particular methods of breaking each particular item that is broken what is the method for a coconut?
    Since people will arrive here by search and no one answered your question it deserves an answer. Now I have not seen the video talking about the methods of coconut breaking #1 I know a guy that had the videos and I have information from other sources that have trained from other sources.

In the first videos your taught to fill a duffle bag with rocks, sand and then bark chips. One month each for 3-4 months. Then you start conditioning on the coconut. It is put on the ground and wrapped with foam. And there are other steps to the procedure. The training to break a coconut for level one is supposed to be geared for the break on the ground, not in the hand.

That is level 2. Level 2 involves pushing water in a container up and down, then pushing the water up and down turning the hand over at the bottom. Then pushing water and and the end a short strike hitting a rock at the bottom untill it can be broken. Then you do the same short strike to hardwood floating on water until you can break it. Then a few months of light bagwork and that finishes up level 2.

But you move your hand in water so slow it takes an hour to do each arm thats 100 reps. The other types of breaks for level on are setting it on fire, on a pillow, between pillows, two at the same time, bottom and middle of three.... I suppose level 1 is actually more complex than just breaking it on the ground but it seems there is some misunderstanding.

You can do iron palm and break coconuts but this is not the PROCEDURE for training to break coconuts. The other levels are breaking in a pillow or on a string and then on tofu. From what I am told the other types of iron palm are essentially levels of iron palm. Coconut breaking therefore does not nessessarily translate to other types of breaking, visa versa.

The level 2 is reminiscent of some of the so-called vibrating palm methods such as with park bok nam. Breaking wood on water. Leaving a hand print at the bottom of a bucket in sand striking at the top of the water, ect.

What is not clear is how the legend of the lost tribe has to do with the other forms of coconut breaking. If they did not have any tools to break the coconuts. Then how did they develop the procedure for the springy palm? The levels for that involve striking a bag filled with rice and cotton. Then all cotton. The hint is the hand has to bounce hence springy palm.

All cotton is "harder" to bounce so going from cotton and rice and all cotton hones the bounce. The next level is rising and lowering the hands in water like level 2 but both arms at the same time. The next level is with the wrist bend so the back of the hand faces forward and you raise and lower this in water. Next, opening and closing the hand slowly in water. Then seated push palms with the hands moving slowly back and forth like your pushing a wall in front of you. Then several inches of cotton in water, then a rock sandwitched between half the same thickness of cotton as level 6.

I read that fung doe duk took the method of springy palm and improved upon it. This implys that the monks never used dit da jow or even hit anything hard. The meditations alone developed the palm power. But why the odd levels of training?

The funny thing is when you try to break a coconut and fail you are essentially conditioning the hand ON a coconut which is supposed to follow the rather hard first few months leading up to hitting the actual coconut. It does make sense to wrap it in a towel or foam padding but its still a royal pain to break.

You ever try to stomp on one? As far as baking, a baked coconut smells different and it does not have the juice, it will also make a different sound and when you look at the cross section of a broken piece, you can tell it was baked. The meat also has a different consistency. If baking a coconut makes the breaks too easy then i'm wondering why there are so few people willing to bake six or seven and demonstrate how easy the palm break is with a baked coconut?

Try the stomp and estimate the kind of conditioning on rocks, sand and bark chips you might have to do before you can attempt to condition on the coconut leading up to the break. I'm not sure what to think of coconut breaking but you will come to respect the coconut.

The point of the lost tribe was that if you insult the coconut god by hitting the coconut on a rock or with something like tool other than your hand or foot, then your left with alternative methods involving meditation and activating energy internally that result in the ability to break a coconut in different ways while at the same time respecting the spirit of the coconut.

Thus its possible the iron palm methods were used to enhance coconut breaking by toughening the hand but not required. This is obvious as the level 2 and springy palm for example have no real hard conditioning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 11:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiyaaa View Post
    Since people will arrive here by search and no one answered your question it deserves an answer.
    Eight years after it was asked? No, no it doesn't.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 1:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since people will arrive here by search and no one answered your question it deserves an answer. Now I have not seen the video talking about the methods of coconut breaking #1 I know a guy that had the videos and I have information from other sources that have trained from other sources.

In the first videos your taught to fill a duffle bag with rocks, sand and then bark chips. One month each for 3-4 months. Then you start conditioning on the coconut. It is put on the ground and wrapped with foam. And there are other steps to the procedure. The training to break a coconut for level one is supposed to be geared for the break on the ground, not in the hand.

That is level 2. Level 2 involves pushing water in a container up and down, then pushing the water up and down turning the hand over at the bottom. Then pushing water and and the end a short strike hitting a rock at the bottom untill it can be broken. Then you do the same short strike to hardwood floating on water until you can break it. Then a few months of light bagwork and that finishes up level 2.

But you move your hand in water so slow it takes an hour to do each arm thats 100 reps. The other types of breaks for level on are setting it on fire, on a pillow, between pillows, two at the same time, bottom and middle of three.... I suppose level 1 is actually more complex than just breaking it on the ground but it seems there is some misunderstanding.

You can do iron palm and break coconuts but this is not the PROCEDURE for training to break coconuts. The other levels are breaking in a pillow or on a string and then on tofu. From what I am told the other types of iron palm are essentially levels of iron palm. Coconut breaking therefore does not nessessarily translate to other types of breaking, visa versa.

The level 2 is reminiscent of some of the so-called vibrating palm methods such as with park bok nam. Breaking wood on water. Leaving a hand print at the bottom of a bucket in sand striking at the top of the water, ect.

What is not clear is how the legend of the lost tribe has to do with the other forms of coconut breaking. If they did not have any tools to break the coconuts. Then how did they develop the procedure for the springy palm? The levels for that involve striking a bag filled with rice and cotton. Then all cotton. The hint is the hand has to bounce hence springy palm.

All cotton is "harder" to bounce so going from cotton and rice and all cotton hones the bounce. The next level is rising and lowering the hands in water like level 2 but both arms at the same time. The next level is with the wrist bend so the back of the hand faces forward and you raise and lower this in water. Next, opening and closing the hand slowly in water. Then seated push palms with the hands moving slowly back and forth like your pushing a wall in front of you. Then several inches of cotton in water, then a rock sandwitched between half the same thickness of cotton as level 6.

I read that fung doe duk took the method of springy palm and improved upon it. This implys that the monks never used dit da jow or even hit anything hard. The meditations alone developed the palm power. But why the odd levels of training?

The funny thing is when you try to break a coconut and fail you are essentially conditioning the hand ON a coconut which is supposed to follow the rather hard first few months leading up to hitting the actual coconut. It does make sense to wrap it in a towel or foam padding but its still a royal pain to break.

You ever try to stomp on one? As far as baking, a baked coconut smells different and it does not have the juice, it will also make a different sound and when you look at the cross section of a broken piece, you can tell it was baked. The meat also has a different consistency. If baking a coconut makes the breaks too easy then i'm wondering why there are so few people willing to bake six or seven and demonstrate how easy the palm break is with a baked coconut?

Try the stomp and estimate the kind of conditioning on rocks, sand and bark chips you might have to do before you can attempt to condition on the coconut leading up to the break. I'm not sure what to think of coconut breaking but you will come to respect the coconut.

The point of the lost tribe was that if you insult the coconut god by hitting the coconut on a rock or with something like tool other than your hand or foot, then your left with alternative methods involving meditation and activating energy internally that result in the ability to break a coconut in different ways while at the same time respecting the spirit of the coconut.

Thus its possible the iron palm methods were used to enhance coconut breaking by toughening the hand but not required. This is obvious as the level 2 and springy palm for example have no real hard conditioning.
    8 years and you added your own theory? LOL.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems Jim Lacy was bored and googled himself.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been threatened with lawsuits from Jim, Brian Gray and other known frauds.

Sad, as in what is called discovery the person being sued gets to examine every facet of life of the person suing. In other words, you can find out all their lies are lies and BS.

With truth on my side, I have never been taken to court by either fraud.

Though I would like Brian Gray to threaten to sue me again as then I could have this old case where he was schthupping his students reopened the records released.

I would then write one hell of a book with that information and with all the other information that would be gleaned from discovery.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 9/11/2012 1:54pm at .

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 2:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP is full of ****.

Break a hardwood board on water OP. Do it! Do it on camera!

I want to see you slap a bucket of water and leave a palm print beneath it.

These "feats" fly in the face of physics. They defy hydro dynamics. They ask us to beleive in something that simply does not work in the way you describe.

Without actual proof, on camera, on shot, no edits, I call these out as impossible.

Also, the "legend of a lost tribe who had no tools so they had to break coconuts with their penises or what have you..." is also total fiction.

You expect us te believe these people had no stone or wood implements? Even otters use rocks to get food.

I call BULLSHIT!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 4:59am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You ever try to stomp on one? As far as baking, a baked coconut smells different and it does not have the juice
    Instant bullshit, see http://www.khiewchanta.com/archives/...-juice-ma.html

Tell me, have you ever been to somewhere like Thailand where they sell roasted coconuts with a drinking straw by the cartload?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is some profoundly strange training there.

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would I want to break a coconut with my hand? That's why I have knives in my kitchen.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 3:25pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    Why would I want to break a coconut with my hand? That's why I have knives in my kitchen.
    I like using a machete. Or an AK47, depending on how angry I am at said coconut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts