Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Budo Taijutsu, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun in Nepal

Greetings everyone,

I am heading to Nepal pretty soon, Kathmandu specifically. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good Wing Chun teacher there. I heard rumors but nothing solid. I am also open to checking out good teachers in other systems as well. Anyone?

Blessings, Taliesin

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you had any luck with finding Wing Chun in Kathmandu? I've been living here for the past 4 years and would really like to train in Wing Chun again, but haven't been able to find any teachers.

Style
    Budo Taijutsu, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun in Nepal

I exchanged e-mail with someone from http://nepalwushu.org.np/pages/index.php?page=about who said to call them when I arrived and they would set me up with a coach.

Do you know of any Bagua or Hsing yi in Nepal?

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hard to find specific styles here. For a long time there was only karate and taekwondo here, but in the last few years wushu has shown up. It's hard to figure out who is really teaching self defence and who is teaching really flowery forms, it all gets labeled as wushu.

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are you from and how long will you be in Nepal? My roomate and me have started setting up a small dojo in our house to train. Me and my friends have all trained in different style (wing chun, karate, taekwando, wrestling, BJJ, aikido) and we want to start doing an MMA thing in the house apart from our daily outside training if you are interested?

Style
    Budo Taijutsu, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am from the US. I am traveling between India and Nepal for probably the next five years or so. I will most likely spend about half the year in Nepal. As far as training goes I would be interested in meeting you guys and checking out what you are doing. I could be interested. I will be in Kathmandu come either Nov or Dec.

Style
    Budo Taijutsu, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long did you study Wing Chun for?

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Wing Chun Do in Seattle for 2 years, and another Kung fu style for 3 years, but I've been really busy and haven't done anything for the past 4 years that I've been in Nepal. I just started some Goju Ryu karate here, which has been nice to get me back into shape, but I really want to get back into Wing Chun. The Wing Chun that I studied in Seattle wasn't a traditional form, it was more of modern Wing Chun with some small circle Juijitsu added in.

What have you been training in?

Style
    Budo Taijutsu, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I grew up doing Shorin Ji Ryu and a bit of wrestling. Most of my core external training as an adult has been in Bujinkan Taijutsu and FMA.

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did you train Bujinkan Taijutsu and FMA at? I always really wanted to learn stick fighting, but never got a chance.

What brings you to Nepal and India?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last