Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 9:50am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I don't know, i mean, if you do this enough, coupled with general fitness, you will most likely be able to best a non MAist your size in a fight. And that is what most people doing MA want basically. Some advantage come fight time.
    Do you think that if you are your average white color pancil pusher and you train ze deadly BJJ (for example) a couple of times a week you are a deadly mo fo? that can finish bar fights against blue color rough men? You will be surprised how bad it will get and quick.
    People forget to mention that with all do respect for the method practiced and the sparring, there is another parameter and that is the frequency you train. I seriously think that a guy training 5 times a week in Kung Fu will have a better chance than your average twice a week bjjer or what have you.
    See, lately I thought your trolling days were over. I was starting to get worried. This is better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 9:55am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this one is kinda...

MY KENPO ISN'T LIKE THOSE SO CALLED MCDOJOS, MY KENPO LET YOU DISARM KNIFE STRIKERS

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 10:13am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    See, lately I thought your trolling days were over. I was starting to get worried. This is better.
    If you dissagree with a spescific point than which one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you dissagree with a spescific point than which one?
    I don't know how many days in a week you're boxing, but I doubt that you've never seen anyone (maybe yourself) completely dominate a perfect noob in sparring after six months of training.

I mean, I could do it and my twice a week training sucked for the most part. Against guys much larger than me, too.

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 11:05am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I don't know how many days in a week you're boxing, but I doubt that you've never seen anyone (maybe yourself) completely dominate a perfect noob in sparring after six months of training.

I mean, I could do it and my twice a week training sucked for the most part. Against guys much larger than me, too.
    What is your point? that twice a week is better than nothing? and how is it contradicting what i said? you think that someone doing Karate or WC or TKD 5 times a week is on par with a complete noob? Besides i have encountered complete noobs that weren't easy to dominate (sure wrestlers and generaly tough fuckers that heard boxing is da ****). I wouldn't drink the BS Cool Aid too eagerly, on the whole i totally agree that there are effective and less effective MA , sparring vs less etc. But saying that some guy training WC full time for a few years is someone you with your 6 months of MT or BJJ can easily dominate (especially in a street fight)..well you are a noob and you will see with time. I've been boxing and Kickboxing for 10 years now, sometimes i went twice sometimes i went 4 and even 5 times, lately (past 4 years) i go three times a week. I'm pretty good, and i can tell you that i wouldn't want to fight this black Kung Fu trainer in a scenario out side the boxing ring. I don't care what MA you do, even the striker's Kryptonite BJJ, and i even don't care that your training is hard and good, doing it twice a week means you are a hobbyist like most of us, and if you are also your average guy, again, like most of us that won't be enough to transform you into a good street fighter. Sorry, but better to lower one's expectations.
    I have reread my post and want to add i wouldn't want to fight that Kung Fu guy even in a boxing match, he is an ex basketball player that does WC full time, he would probably **** me up.
    Last edited by erezb; 9/09/2012 11:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your point? that twice a week is better than nothing? and how is it contradicting what i said? you think that someone doing Karate or WC or TKD 5 times a week is on par with a complete noob? Besides i have encountered complete noobs that weren't easy to dominate (sure wrestlers and generaly tough fuckers that heard boxing is da ****). I wouldn't drink the BS Cool Aid too eagerly, on the whole i totally agree that there are effective and less effective MA , sparring vs less etc. But saying that some guy training WC full time for a few years is someone you with your 6 months of MT or BJJ can easily dominate (especially in a street fight)..well you are a noob and you will see with time. I've been boxing and Kickboxing for 10 years now, sometimes i went twice sometimes i went 4 and even 5 times, lately (past 4 years) i go three times a week. I'm pretty good, and i can tell you that i wouldn't want to fight this black Kung Fu trainer in a scenario out side the boxing ring. I don't care what MA you do, even the striker's Kryptonite BJJ, and i even don't care that your training is hard and good, doing it twice a week means you are a hobbyist like most of us, and if you are also your average guy, again, like most of us that won't be enough to transform you into a good street fighter. Sorry, but better to lower one's expectations.
    I have reread my post and want to add i wouldn't want to fight that Kung Fu guy even in a boxing match, he is an ex basketball player that does WC full time, he would probably **** me up.
    Your point was that a guy that trains BJJ a couple of times a week (which, to me, means at least twice, maybe more) has no chance against a "blue collar rough man" (I'll just assume this is what you wanted to write, I guess you didn't suggest members of the blue men group were particulary rough, although, as they say, showbusiness is a rough business... anyway, I digress) which is something that I very much doubt for a number of reasons, none of which I will debate here because it's been done to death.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is all from one school, by the way.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 9/09/2012 12:08pm at .

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 2:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bitch Please I have the real Soko Combat System is consist of Wing Chun, Ninjutsu, Russian Systema, Krav Maga, Filipino Kali Escrima, Brasilian Jiu Jitsu, Real aikido, Tai Chi Chuan...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 3:31pm

Style: HEMA, Judo, Bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 3:59pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post

This is all from one school, by the way.
    WTF?? whats the point of the redman suit in this??. That was fucking retarded.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast