Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 6:48am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wondering after following this fascinating thread: Does the law really not allow for any sort of penalty for willfully/intentionally selling a fraudulent product? Does it not count as fraud when someone willingly and knowingly deceives the public into purchasing a product (or service in this case) that is not what is advertised?

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 8:28am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    Does the law really not allow for any sort of penalty for willfully/intentionally selling a fraudulent product?
    Martial arts is an unregulated industry, so if you felt the need, you could proclaim yourself 10th degree black belt in BJJ tomorrow. It's why this website exists, since there's no real legal recourse.

(I would also hasten to add the internet's most ... colourful acronym - IANAL)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 2:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We actually had a very long discussion about Dominion on Facebook. The problem is that Facebook threads are not indexed by Google, so nobody searching for Dominion would find the info about them if they were trying to be an educated consumer. That is why I started the thread here. Discussion boards are indexed by Google and searchable. At least anyone looking into Dominion who is trying to be an educated consumer will find this thread.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently since I last checked, Rodriguez has removed "WG Leader" from his bio (which was supposed to me Work Group Leader) and now claims to teach plain old "sambo." He also added "Judo" to his bio, which was not there earlier (see page 1 of this thread). Seems He also removed the disclaimer about being affiliated with Marcera.

See what one judo/sambo seminar and a fake USJA Charter membership can do for ya! BTW, I hear he has a killer makikomi!

Last edited by sambosteve; 10/27/2012 5:19pm at .
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Apparently since I last checked, Rodriguez has removed "WG Leader" from his bio (which was supposed to me Work Group Leader) and now claims to teach plain old "sambo." He also added "Judo" to his bio, which was not there earlier (see page 1 of this thread). Seems He also removed the disclaimer about being affiliated with Marcera.

See what one judo/sambo seminar and a fake USJA Charter membership can do for ya! BTW, I hear he has a killer makikomi!

Eeek, that is embarrassing. The unfortunate thing is that he's probably making money from his academy, while a lot of well-meaning folks struggle to just break even.

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 12:37am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will call Florida on Monday to double check the affiliation but there was no club info in either the USJA Club listings or in the Coach's Portal for them. Apparently they did very well in a BJJ tournament put on by a karate school where no one else competed except them.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    I will call Florida on Monday to double check the affiliation but there was no club info in either the USJA Club listings or in the Coach's Portal for them. Apparently they did very well in a BJJ tournament put on by a karate school where no one else competed except them.
    I have been in touch with USJA who has confirmed that Dominion is not a member.

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:20am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That just seems so ridiculous. Why would you lie about something like that? Especially when all it takes is a search and a phone call. I wonder if they think because it is not USA Judo no one will check. It's just offensively silly.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/31/2012 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    Apparently they did very well in a BJJ tournament put on by a karate school where no one else competed except them.
    Please tell me you're making this up. If not, this is just sad.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2012 11:24am

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsSoldier View Post
    I cant sit here and read this not step in for Mr Rodriguez defense. I met Rey about a week ago and as I walked through his doors, he welcomed me with open arms as any Martial Arts Teacher should. I never asked him about his affiliations or what his credentials were because I wanted his instructions to do the talking. I only trained in Sambo and Judo for about 2 years which is not a long time and I still am a lower level student but I think my time spent training in these arts is long enough to reconize what a good teacher is. I have been around many solid judokas and Reys technique and style of judo training are solid!! What he showed me in Sambo was very impressive as well. His passion for the art is solid and I can tell you that in no shape, way or form is he embarrasing the art. those videos that you posted of him doing hand to hand combat is probaly one of his korean style arts lesson and not Sambo. His character is sound and he has my loyalty as a student and friend.
    It does look like a Korean style defense of a knife attack, but non the less executed and thought wrong. But as everyone on Bullshido knows Korean style MA is just wrong all together.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast