Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 3:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo/nihon jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=blackmonk;2720637]Definitely a rare case of douche. I want to make the drive out there and take a class.[/QUOTEcome take a class, you might like it!
    Last edited by LordsSoldier; 10/02/2012 3:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 4:37am

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roy,

They're not saying Rey is a mean guy, he might be one of the nicest people anyone could meet.

You are an example of what the issue is that everyone has with him:
    Rey admitted to sambosteve in an e-mail (above your first post) that any knowledge of Sambo that he has comes from a non legitimate source of instruction (that would allow him to instruct). Therefore he does not hold any form of instructor rank in Sambo. Thus he cannot be certain if he has all his techniques pinned down to the correct detail. He then passes these techniques onto his students while "instructing" them. None of his students should be under any form of impression that they are being taught by a Sambo instructor (judging by your reply, it seems that you all think you are).

I respect your standing up for a friend, but please try to see where everyone here is getting at.
    Last edited by BHatley; 10/02/2012 5:06am at . Reason: grammar..up all night at work, tired.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 4:41am

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Accidentally double posted. Sorry

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsSoldier View Post
    I cant sit here and read this not step in for Mr Rodriguez defense. I met Rey about a week ago and as I walked through his doors, he welcomed me with open arms as any Martial Arts Teacher should.
    Right and it has nothing to do with the questions about his credentials.

I never asked him about his affiliations or what his credentials were because I wanted his instructions to do the talking.
    That's a weird way to purchase services. I've said this a few times, If any other business lied the way some MAers do people would be putting them in jail.

Oh wait, that's what happened with Enron and any number of people running Ponzi schemes. It never ceases to amaze me how MAers can give someone a break for being a nice guy.

I only trained in Sambo and Judo for about 2 years which is not a long time and I still am a lower level student but I think my time spent training in these arts is long enough to reconize what a good teacher is.
    I spent 15 years in a Mcdojo and didn't realize until year 10 that a large majority was bullshit. @2 years I will say, no you really don't.

I have been around many solid judokas and Reys technique and style of judo training are solid!! What he showed me in Sambo was very impressive as well.
    Have you trained with any other Samboist? If not, you can't make this claim. Please don't use his judo to vet his Sambo.

His passion for the art is solid and I can tell you that in no shape, way or form is he embarrasing the art. those videos that you posted of him doing hand to hand combat is probaly one of his korean style arts lesson and not Sambo. His character is sound and he has my loyalty as a student and friend.
    "Probably" means you do not know.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:36am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Roy is who I think he is, he has trained at ECS in Austin which is a solid SAMBO school.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bhantley, I wish people would make their points about this but what's with the name.calling. you would think with all these high ranking martial artist, humility and tact would be a good way to get a point across. There are important men making statements on here who I have trained with and who I respect it seems anger and frustration is getting thr better of them.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes Nazir, its me. Roy from.ECS..

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Xing, very clever breaking down my post like that. Gentlemen, I have said my piece and have no intention in upsetting my sambo friends who have I have trained with in the past. Hope to see you guys soon.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 9:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bhantley, I wish people would make their points about this but what's with the name.calling. you would think with all these high ranking martial artist, humility and tact would be a good way to get a point across. There are important men making statements on here who I have trained with and who I respect it seems anger and frustration is getting thr better of them.
    When you lie and have to cover your ass..... When people get caught in lies everything goes out the window. No, I do not know who is lying. I do know that the emails prove something shady is/was going on from both parties.

Xing, very clever breaking down my post like that.
    Notice how it says Style field? That's Xingyi.

No it isn't clever it is being concise.

Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    If Roy is who I think he is, he has trained at ECS in Austin which is a solid SAMBO school.
    And? I did not say his training, instructors or school sucked.
    2 years of solid training, at a solid school, does not mean you can properly gauge what is or is not valid training. If he had more he shouldn't have intimated 2 years.

We get people here, on a weekly basis, who have two years or less in an art and are shocked that something or someone may not be fully legit.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/02/2012 9:10am at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 9:11am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roy,

If you have trained at ECS, then you know how passionate I am about Sambo and serious I am about doing things the proper way. You must know, as anyone who knows me (if you know me or we have met) that I would never suggest someone with zero sambo experience should teach sambo and promote it the way Rodriguez is now suggesting I told him to. ECS was working with the ASA for many years before they started teaching sambo outright there and ECS is extremely active in the sambo community.

Rodriguez may indeed be a nice guy. He was very nice when we spoke early on before he tried to pull the wool over my eyes. But, nice and talented guys can also be liars. You do see that he has admittedly never studied sambo at all? That is a serious problem. And, no offense intended Roy, but you only met Rodriguez about a week ago that is not nearly enough time to see how he approaches teaching sambo or assess his knowledge.

I could put a noob through a boxing workout that would be fairly convincing and have them believing I am a decent boxing coach. I have formally studied boxing for a year with a solid former olympic coach. I have my USA Boxing level one coach cert as well. But, I have never coached a boxer or boxed. I would never call myself a boxer or boxing coach or have the audacity to teach boxing. I am not nearly qualified. Yet, I still have more boxing experience than Rodriguez has sambo experience. See my point?

Bottom line is that Rodriguez admits to having zero sambo training and should not be promoting and teaching sambo the way he does. He even admits that I suggested he start a sambo work group, yet that is not what he did or stated on his website. He is still apparently in contact with Marcera who he claims lied about being affiliated with me (Marcera claims Rodriguez is lying), and they are both now twisting words to try and defend themselves.

You may think I am acting poorly or immaturely, but don't forget that it was my name that these guys brought into this mess. It was my name that was used to try and gain credibility even though we had not met even once. They invited me to this table. AND, in spite of my name being used that way, I still took the higher road and tried to work with Rodriguez and help onto a more credible path with regard to sambo. I spent time talking to him and trying to advise him. Clearly I was wrong in thinking Rodriguez was and honorable man. So, I tried the higher road and it was thrown back in my face. If they want to be angry that I exposed them, I am fine with that.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 10/02/2012 9:17am at .
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast