Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 7:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in all honesty currently I am in the U.A.E just for a year so I finish my studies, but at the moments I am training MMA and it is very interesting because it is a broad variety of all the MA's out there. But the reason I am looking for something else is because the group I am learning with is really not that good, the teacher doesn't push you to your best and it is a big group for the 1 teacher, nor is the group dedicated, I feel like they joined just because they saw a MMA movie and wanted to learn.

I would love in the mean time to be pointed out at perhaps a better academy but in the mean time I will prolly be sticking with MMA. I am open to new martial arts!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 10:36am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo or boxing are your best bets, depending on if you want striking or grappling. I would throw BJJ in there too but it sounds like you're trying to get away from that?

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 12:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazwollv View Post
    Well in all honesty currently I am in the U.A.E...
    Umm, hello?
    Quit the ninjer fantasies and do BJJ.

Edit: I guess that should be "keep doing MMA."
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 9/09/2012 12:35pm at . Reason: Apparently i need to read more than one sentence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:48pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion, forget anything Ninja. Take Judo, start on your feet, full speed and a good club will incorporate ground game with elements of BJJ.

Or go for a striking art like Muay Thai, and become a cardio machine.

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of good MMA out there is a lot of countries.

Mate of mine did a MMA (sort of) Trip though america. Had a ball.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 5:26am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazwollv View Post
    Well in all honesty currently I am in the U.A.E. ...
    Hmmm, isn't that where Abu Dhabi is? Of course it is... :-) (http://uaejj.com/en/)

There are tons of very good grapplers and MMA fighters from all over the world in the Emirates, both as staff instructors and as visitors. It is probably the most grappling/MMA-friendly country in the world, I think I just saw some documentary where BJJ was introduced as a class for elementary schools...

If you train MMA there in an official gym with a good instructor, you're on your way, I believe.

(Maybe we got somebody from over there as a member and they could point you to a specific school, in the meantime take a look at the School review section and try to find a gym in U.A.E. there...)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 1:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually if possible I would like to get a point out to an MMA coach in Abu Dhabi, the current coach I am training fun just isn't serious enough. The group is also too large (21 people) for the 1 coach and I feel I am not making enough progress. I think it could be partially due to the fact that the lessons are free for some reason (the owners of the club pay for the coach).

We don't get a gym with the training so we just rely on push ups so I never feel we get to push ourselves really. But if you do know any better gym's with an MMA coach I would love to go there and give it a try :D

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 1:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Describe your class or provide a website. The way you keep saying and defining MMA doesn't sound correct.

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 6:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well basically it is held in this large building with a bunch of mats, it would be shared at specific time with 3-4 different martial arts. We get part of the mats, so basically this means we have no gym equipment. Just skipping ropes and the teachers gloves.

All we do is train for the first 30-40% of the lesson cardio and strength (push ups, sit ups and skipping rope along with some punch combos). Then for the rest of the lessons (depending on the day) we do either some wrestling or boxing or jiu jitsu. The lesson is 1 hour long btw. Erm.. the website doesn't talk about the classes for some reason, very little info just talks about the hall (called Abu Dhabi Combat Club).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12