Page 2 of 2 First 12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jolly Roger,

I'm glad to hear of your wonderful experiance with Judo. I am also a judoka, i have been and active competetor for several years know. The number one thing I love about Judo and BJJ (never trained bjj only worked out with bjj guys) is that there is no bullshit in those arts. You either know it or you don't. You can't go around calling yourself a grandmaster of your own system. Once you step on that mat your skill level will speak for itself.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beer and Ibuprofin.
    Enjoy!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
    What type of diet would you suggest to help me better acclimate myself into Judo?
    Say yes to peanut butter and celery.

Never eat pie before judo. Ever.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    Beer and Ibuprofin.
    Enjoy!
    Oh, how true that is. My coach isn't really kidding when he says that beer is an essential component of Judo. Naproxen is my drug of choice, but yet, that too.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Never eat pie before judo. Ever.
    never eat mexican food before judo either. seriously.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TBH, I wouldn't eat anything for at least an hour or two before Judo. I get crazy heartburn doing ne waza after eating too soon before training.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Oh, how true that is. My coach isn't really kidding when he says that beer is an essential component of Judo. Naproxen is my drug of choice, but yet, that too.
    Naprosyn (the old name for naproxen) happens to be one of those medications that is really harsh on the stomach. I had to stop taking it years ago.

I did a quick check and sure enough, there are some people who will suffer major stomach issues (e.g. bleeding stomach) if they combine those two particular things...so be cautious with that.

http://www.drugs.com/food-interactions/naproxen.html

http://arthritis.emedtv.com/naproxen...d-alcohol.html

Page 2 of 2 First 12