Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    Boxing, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any members near Asheville NC??

Hey guys I train out in this area and was just wondering if any of you guys go to any of the bjj schools around here.

Style
    WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heya,

We are setting up a TD in Chapel Hill, May 25th. You are more than welcome to come, even you make the drive.

Style
    MMA, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Asheville Area Training

Moving to the Asheville area and looking to train. Experience in BJJ, submission grappling and groundfighting -- trained in MMA.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about 3 hours away. Not martial arts related, but there is an excellent brewery in Asheville.

Style
    MMA, functional JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah there is. Salsa's is tight too.

When I lived there in the mid 90's I heard good stuff about Pete Freer in Black Mountain teaching functional JKD/MMA/Kickboxing 'n' Jujutsu type stuff.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Style
    MMA, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the suggestion about Salsa -- great food!

Style
    MMA, functional JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooooh! Now that I'm thinking about it, there was a karate/judo/jujutsu school too. I think it was down Merimon Ave. They produce some fighters and local SWAT trains there.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, sorry to do such a bad thread necro, but I go to school out in Asheville, and there's a couple good places to train. Georges Gym is a good boxing gym out in Enka/Candler area, and then there's this good Catch Wrestling school that runs out of WNC Barbell in that same general area. I trained at both at one point in time, but I just got back from South America, so I don't know if those schools are still open, or in the same location.

You might want to send a PM to HappyPanda, I know he used to train at the Catch Wrestling school, and he might have more up-to-date info than me. Hope that helps

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bjj blue belt, just moved to asheville. everything is kind of far for me to drive so anyone interested in training a little bit let me know.

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just recently started training at Asheville Jujitsu academy. There is also MMA at WNC Barbell in candler (overpriced and primarily catch wrestling based), and Georges Boxing gym in candler. Ive got a decent amount of equpment and matts in my garage and I'm always willing to spar with anyone as long as they are around my weight. Every saturday I usually have a bunch of friends come over and we train, I get a couple friends from the wrestling team, a friend that boxes, another friend that has been doing BJJ longer than me, and its a nice exchange of information. Let me know if anyone is interested in working out with us sometime. We are mostly highschool kids so we are a tad noobish, but we work hard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last