Administrator

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FredKOBK View Post
    Marcello never gave me a belt of any kind .. he has only seen me once.. this is false as are most of your other claims perhaps the fact that a KOBK black belt tapped out your instructor should be brought up ?
    Interesting, so this may be rival school drama like I thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:33am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FredKOBK View Post
    Hi Guys I am Fred Rodriguez I will answer any question any of you have you have my email or i will do so on here. Let me be very clear..Noah is trying to discredit me not just here but in FW . Because ? I have no idea other than there has been a beef in the past between Alan stockman and Marcelo Montiero.. I actually thought that we were friends and was totally blindsided by his attacks... I am A KOBK Black Belt. No one has awarded me a BJJ belt of any kind. Marcello has never been in the room with me other than when we were both judges at a local MMA show together. The rest of KOBK lineage that everyone spoke of is true and I miss those days too and that is what I am trying to recreate, I teach Alan Stockman's fundamentals as well as things I have learned from KOBK and dave hart. I have all of the conversations between noah and I I avoid nothing ...here I am ask me anything.. I applaud B.S. for investigating these things.. Shame on you Noah... you helping me in any way is simply not true we have never been in the same room... I wil answer any questiosn any one has please feel free to ask away.. thanks for your time
    Hey Fred, thanks for joining brother.

So K.O.B.K. is based on what? I've gathered it is submission grappling, but what styles is it based on?

Also, and somewhat unrelated, any cool stories from cornering Severn during the early UFC days?

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KOBK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Dave hart about KOBK( Kill Or Be Killed)

We are a unique and flexible platform of open learning. Ideas are offered through a wide variety of martial arts, and people. This platform continues expanding through the “intellectual matrix”. Nothing is static. Mixed Martial Arts is an evolving art form that continues to grow with demand, thus, we are able to be flexible and lead the way in a “new” progressive system of fighting.

Not all great athletes make great coaches, nor do all great coaches make great athletes. We recognize this, and have developed a system that starts with a strong foundation. We begin to layer this foundation with this “matrix of knowledge”. Once the basics are taught, the amount of learning grows exponentially.

…”engage in no studies, in which the work that results dies with the worker.”

Over the last sixteen years we have created a lineage of successful fighter’s that have become “students of students”. These second and third generation fighter’s are as well schooled as their mentors. Again, the foundation allows for open-ended growth, depending on the individual needs of the student. This adaptive training keeps the next generation of fighter’s growing. Never satisfied, we move forward with clear minds and a single purpose-to keep evolving.

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KOBK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I stated in the email posted earlier - Dave started in judo very early age and then went on to wrestle and do BJJ and Sambo.. Dave also trained extensivly with Mr. Severn. I have a million "Dan" stories.. He is a great guy.. But he does so many things at once if he ever says to you Ill drive grab the keys !
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234