Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 8:57pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    But they didn't, they said they wanted a cigarette after FOLLOWING him for what looks like (from the spacing of the tweets) over 10 minutes. Who does that? AND then when Renzo turned around to take a photo they "pretend they are looking at a window". Hmm suspicious behaviour for someone that wants a cigarette, isn't it?

And he hardly "hunted the second guy down", he was just round the block according to Renzo.

Granted, the tweets about hitting the muggers eye sockets and choking him out 3 times are quite bad, however they are irrelevant because there is NO WAY that the muggers will go to the police.
    Nevermind. I need to read stuff before posting.
    Last edited by simonifrius; 9/09/2012 9:04pm at . Reason: Acting like a noob.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 8:22am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Renzo said that if they had pulled a knife or gun he would have given over his wallet without resistance.
    Ah, guess I missed that part. Anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Perhaps he's better at judging that than most people since he was shot in a fight before moving to the USA, if I recall correctly.
    Maybe, it still seems a little reckless. Since they followed him for so long there had been ways of escaping the situation without putting himself in more danger.

I realize there's a lot of "if this, if that" in this. I still feel like he did something more on the reckless side and got lucky.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 8:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    what's the matter, you don't understand english? i could understand everything he said. i suppose i can relate, though, i have a hell of a time understanding people in illinois. what the hell is "pop"?
    You must be speaking of southern Illinois, I can't understand those fuckers either.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Maybe, it still seems a little reckless.
    I agree, it was especially reckless to pursue the other one. Should really have left while it was safe to do so. He obviously got a little heated up.

Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I realize there's a lot of "if this, if that" in this. I still feel like he did something more on the reckless side and got lucky.
    On the other hand the muggers were extremely unlucky that they chose Renzo Gracie as their target.

They were lucky that Renzo didn't decide to murder them both. He easily could have chosen to do that, or cause them permanent disfigurement. Instead he just wanted to "educate" them.

It could have turned out different, with weapons and whatnot, but in this instance their life was in his hands, not the other way around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 9:57am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Renzo is reminding me of Charles Bronson right now:)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:33am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about this the other day with Matt Phillips and while I don't think Renzo will see any trouble from this, seems he did cross a legal line by finding and attacking the guy who got away. That is no longer "self-defense." A DA looking for an easy win could prolly prosecute him if he could find the victim...especially since he so freely tells the story.

But, more bothersome to me is that we MMA folks in NY are doing everything to look good as we are fighting to have MMA legalized. Here you have prolly the most know MMA guy in NY going Bronson. Could be used against us later in debate.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:40am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    He may have had too much fun, but somehow I think that this will go the way of that guy who killed the pervert. Public opinion in NYC will be ALL on Renzo's side. Who the gives a **** about street punk muggers? No one. If he gets in trouble all Renzo has to do is ask for a jury trial.
    Not true at all. There is a very strong anti-MMA battle going on here in NY. This event will add frul to their agrument that we are all violent thugs.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 2:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone knows that you MMA fuckers are just a bunch of violent dicks just waiting for the chance to pulverize people and give them racoon eyes. Seriously though MMA bouts are not legal in NY?? I hope this one incident doesn't **** it up for everyone there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 2:57pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ny is the most pansy ass liberal city in the country...well other than san fran...mma at the garden is still a few years away.

The culrinary union and their vendetta against the fertitas isn't helping much either.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 3:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yet they still allow football. I guess no one ever gets hurt in football.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast