Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 9:55am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Renzo Gracie vs NYC muggers

Late last night, UFC veteran and MMA legend, Renzo Gracie sent out a bunch of twitter updates detailing his night as he 'dealt' with 2 alleged muggers at the streets of New York City. According to the 6th degree BJJ Black Belt, 2 men started following him for a few blocks at roughly around 3 a.m. ET, and things didn't end up well for them.
    From Bloody elbow

More...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/7/...ggers-new-york

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this could turn ugly for Renzo fast, he may not catch heat for the first guy, but he actively hunted the second guy down. Even if it turns out they were out to roll him, he still could get in trouble for going after the second guy that retreated. Not to mention he seemed pretty happy about the situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 10:19am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you really think that the guys who were going to mug Renzo will go to the cops? Seriously? Nobody is that stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 10:41am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let the games begin!

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 11:28am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    Do you really think that the guys who were going to mug Renzo will go to the cops? Seriously? Nobody is that stupid.
    How would it be stupid?? All they would have to say is they recognized him and wanted his autograph. It would be 100% Renzo's responsibility to prove they were muggers. Plus HE HUNTED THE SECOND GUY DOWN.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very interesting situation - we are all just learning how these online, real time communication channels affect our lives.

Renzo doesn't really mention any form of direct or indirect attack by the two men, besides following him and asking for a cigarette. Might have been an intimidating way of asking, and granted, such questions are allegedly very often used to distract the future victim just before physically attacking.

Still, going into detail about how he misses the street fights in Brazil and using elbows, etc... These things will not sound nice in a court.

And the "muggers" might very well sue. It did happen before, right?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Don't mess with the Mega-Buster

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: A+B, D-Pad

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Siiiiick, I like how he mind fucks dude #2 by whispering "This is what death feels like" in his ear. Last time I had to sleep a dude I kept whispering "die like a man"* it makes them wriggle like a fish!

* because (to my understanding) this is what the German soldier is telling Adam Goldberg's character in Saving Private Ryan during his gruesome death scene.
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 11:47am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    How would it be stupid?? All they would have to say is they recognized him and wanted his autograph. It would be 100% Renzo's responsibility to prove they were muggers. Plus HE HUNTED THE SECOND GUY DOWN.
    But they didn't, they said they wanted a cigarette after FOLLOWING him for what looks like (from the spacing of the tweets) over 10 minutes. Who does that? AND then when Renzo turned around to take a photo they "pretend they are looking at a window". Hmm suspicious behaviour for someone that wants a cigarette, isn't it?

And he hardly "hunted the second guy down", he was just round the block according to Renzo.

Granted, the tweets about hitting the muggers eye sockets and choking him out 3 times are quite bad, however they are irrelevant because there is NO WAY that the muggers will go to the police.

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 12:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    But they didn't, they said they wanted a cigarette after FOLLOWING him for what looks like (from the spacing of the tweets) over 10 minutes. Who does that? AND then when Renzo turned around to take a photo they "pretend they are looking at a window". Hmm suspicious behaviour for someone that wants a cigarette, isn't it?

And he hardly "hunted the second guy down", he was just round the block according to Renzo.

Granted, the tweets about hitting the muggers eye sockets and choking him out 3 times are quite bad, however they are irrelevant because there is NO WAY that the muggers will go to the police.
    Re-read the tweets, Renzo went looking for the second guy and then attacked him. No part of that is self defense. And it really doesn't matter what they were doing or if they asked for a cigerette. The only aggressive action taken was by Renzo, how suspicious they were was irrelevant.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 12:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBliss View Post
    * because (to my understanding) this is what the German soldier is telling Adam Goldberg's character in Saving Private Ryan during his gruesome death scene.
    So you're saying you're a Nazi?
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast