Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I did it because Shaw Brothers and others studios were awesome.

Did anyone mention fitness and stress relief?
    Man, how many Shaw Brothers movies have you watched? All of them? How many is that?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 10:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Man, how many Shaw Brothers movies have you watched? All of them? How many is that?
    Naw, I'm nowhere near watching them all. They made horror, comedies, sci fi and love stories. They are like any American studio.

There are things from the early sixties I have not seen. The earliest SB I've watched is Come Drink With Me. I've probably well over a hundred and that's just looking at my DVD collection in front of me. I have multiple VHS tapes, with multiple movies, that I haven't replaced with DVDs.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder when he is going to post his findings on exotics dancers. All of them have daddy issues and have been abused as children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 8:22am

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wish i had such a noble a reason, I took martial arts to be more like a superhero cause i thought itd be awesome

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 8:41am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    i wish i had such a noble a reason, I took martial arts to be more like a superhero cause i thought itd be awesome
    That sounds nice, but if there's one thing I've learned from comic books, it's that most super heroes are broken people.

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 9:47am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, everyone experienced humiliation, confrontation, insecurity, bullying, spankings etc. So my point is, what about all those people that don't do MA? aren't they broken? Secondly, what about all those bullies that have no MA background? are they not broken? What about body builders and gym rats? are they broken too? He kinda states the obvious here, of course a lot of the MA practitioners started it because of a need for a tool to help them in case some violent **** happens. That is exactly why MA were invented in the first place. People are insecure, if doing MA helps with that, than WTF is his point? Maybe he is insecure because of his baldness , and lack of physical presence, so he is trying to compensate with an image of superior intellect. Men strive to be Alpha males, so they can get laid. Some chase money and status, some intellectual prowess etc. If working out a few times a week helps you come to terms with who you are and what you accomplished than you have it easy.
    Last edited by erezb; 9/09/2012 9:55am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    That sounds nice, but if there's one thing I've learned from comic books, it's that most super heroes are broken people.
    Phoenix Jones, the "real life" Seattle superhero from a year or two back is now an undefeated professional MMA fighter.

All those times he was abused by street criminals and the Seattle PD....see what happens?

Now he's winning fights instead of saving old ladies' purses. If ONLY he had found Stefan Molyneux's wisdom first...the streets might still be protected.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:24pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started out in Hanmudo because I figured the breakfall training would help with my desire to be a professional wrestler, my Hanmudo teacher and Ken Shamrock got me into grappling, and it turned out Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practice was much more enjoyable than pro wrestling practice, so I got into it full time and never looked back.

On the other hand, my younger brother hunts the way the Ayatollah of Iran practices Islam, and he was mauled by a fawn when he was very young. Perhaps there is wisedom in what this man says.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of decisions I make are based on which option will lead to a better story, because I don't want to be one of those boring old guys who stayed on the straight and narrow and lived a totally ordinary life. Investing in adventure, rather than money alone, if you will. And one day, I'm sure I'll be happy that I spent so many years doing martial arts, when I can tell stories about road trips to fight strangers instead of the fascinating story of my perfectly maintained timesheet log. Martial arts also gives me something to pass along to the next generation that's older, richer, and more complex than my own creations.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    As a psychologist-in-training I get the sense that the dude likes to hear himself talk. At the extreme he could be a narcissist. More likely he has a mild version that we in the field call "being kind of a self-important dick."
    Word. He has the enthusiasm of the unemployed.
    I am impressed how much this guy likes to lecture,
    while he so obviously doesn't like to read.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast