Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 2:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    Kamakura crowd?
    I'll be more clear: personally i have no problem with those people, ive met and trained under them at some points, but you can tell they are people you do not want to **** with.

Like in the early days people like maurice nieuwenhuizen (?) and later on Geesink got lots of credit, but most over here forgot or dont even know the role John Bluming played.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 5:01am

Style: 空手 / &#2147

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I'll be more clear: personally i have no problem with those people, ive met and trained under them at some points, but you can tell they are people you do not want to **** with.
    I've not trained with them, but I see their fighters regularly when they're fighting in Groningen and surroundings, and I can confirm that they're absolutely the wrong people to mess around with.

Like in the early days people like maurice nieuwenhuizen (?) and later on Geesink got lots of credit, but most over here forgot or dont even know the role John Bluming played.
    When you know how to read between the lines, it is obvious enough ;-)

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 9:47am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post

I get the gangster/thug/bully vibe from Bluming. He was one of Oyama's proteges and, by his own account, not a nice man in his youth.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 5:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    I get the gangster/thug/bully vibe from Bluming. He was one of Oyama's proteges and, by his own account, not a nice man in his youth.
    I've seen him a couple of times and uhm..well, it's a sorta world I know but rather stay out of.
    But let's not forget how big his contribution to the dutch martial arts was.
    He was a poineer and a no nonsense martial artist, and thats what counts the most.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 2:19pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broken down people?! Well after decades of getting slammed, punched, kicked, joints locked and twisted, choked and having every nerve and pressure point abused, yes, that will do it. I concur; I know I'M broken.

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post

So basically, this idiot believes the reason we do these sports is because we all been bullied, beaten, or raped (or perhaps all three?), and we go into the ring to attempt to control the violence in our lives instead of dealing with the underlying issues.
    Isn't that pretty much the reason for the majority of YouTube posts?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 1:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you seen cricket? Cricket is not a victim sport!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
    Broken down people?! Well after decades of getting slammed, punched, kicked, joints locked and twisted, choked and having every nerve and pressure point abused, yes, that will do it. I concur; I know I'M broken.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 4:14pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Youtube seems to have taken it down, but Cracked described Bas Rutten's video this way:
    Seanbaby's discussing Bas's "Lethal Street Fighting" series, right? At one point the whole thing could be viewed over Youtube (plus funny clips, techno remixes, and a rap video consisting of nothing but Bas quotes and awesome beats), I find it hard to believe YT cleaned EVERYTHING off there.

IMO, LSF was better than 75% of the RSBD instructionals out there, and 50% better than everything I gleaned from repeated viewings of Road House. A lot of the "sadism" mentioned there is just Bas being Bas.

I also cannot reconcile the seething mass of hatred and bloodlust described in Cracked's review with the guy who managed to talk down my younger brother pleading with him to adopt us when we went to his seminar in Houston, and who helped everyone else load up the mats and clean the gym after his paid for teaching time had run out.

Then again I may not have the most unbiased opinion when it comes to El Guapo.

As for the main discussion arc of this thread......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 5:04pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Jesus. Wow.

First off, I think his argument is slightly different. I almost take it from the "perpetuating the cycle of violence" instead of ending it, which is how I am reading what you said.

But to say that all of us have suffered such trauma, and that is *why* we gravitate to these arts is wrong. It is a dangerous stereotype.
    I think you should go **** yourself with a broom and break the other half in your asshole.

Do you come from experience? I didn't think so.

Mine ran me over after I got my first black belt, and I'm still buttfucking him in court, I took the higher ground. The reason I started MA was this, and now that my problems have been dealt with it turned more into pleasure, sometimes people don't have a choice. All situations are different for everybody. Not all cops are good in my case *cough*
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011