Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 7:47pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miyagi, you seem to know a bit about them, where are they based?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 12:26am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Miyagi, you seem to know a bit about them, where are they based?
    Haha, ah, I don't know much, I think they are based out of Melbourne somewhere. Such legit techniques!

Found some more info, found this 'fight' vid when I was randomly checking out InfiniteMMA's forums for BJJ comp notices: "Nexus BJJ altercation incl Kit Dale"

- Think the brown belt is Kit Dale, hehe, looks like him.

*turn down your sound for the grunts of awesome*

Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 9/08/2012 12:36am at . Reason: more info
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff DOG View Post
    But it does bring up a point about being flexible and being a good Uke- knowing when it is time for randori or when its time for demonstration or practicing technique.
    When I do a demonstration, I ALWAYS outline the steps and levels of compliance. I'm getting to a story, so bear with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff DOG View Post

Demonstation- 10% resistance
    Practicing - 25-50% resistance
    Controlled Sparring- 50-75%
    Sparring- 100% resistance
    This is pretty much my thought on the scenario.

When I was with the sheriff’s office, one of my extra-duties was community service. I was assigned to do a one-hour program for the local office of the US Forestry Service. Their contingent was thirteen females and three males; for some reason, even the males were required to attend this training geared toward female evasion and escape. As I was giving my thoughts, I said something like ‘it doesn’t matter how many krotty belts you have, the bottom line is you do what you have to do in order to survive’.

The supervisor was adamant that he be my attacker, and I outlined CliffDOG’s levels of resistance. This guy was 6’- 4” around 245 pounds; neither completely fit, nor a lard-ass, and seemed like a nice enough fellow (I’m 6’ – 1” 170). On the initial rear-grab (bear-hug), he snatched me up and flailed me about like a rag-doll; so much for 10%. I actually had to head-butt and groin-grab just to break free.

I ended up with the cartilage between three of my ribs being turned into dust. If I hadn’t had my body-armor on, I’d have been really fucked.

I later learned from the staff there that this guy is an ass-hat and is a TKD Black Belt. Apparently, I offended him by making the comment about belts not being a factor in the real world. I would really enjoy run into this guy in a different setting; I’d take a DQ just to get to kick him square in the sack.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 7:27pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This may be a work, but many of us who instruct have run into the "nightmare uke".

I was trying to demo a move at a throwdown several years ago for someone who asked to see it. The guy who I picked as my partner could not understand the concept of minimal resistance. After trying to initiate the move three times and encountering 100% resistance every time despite explaining the need for compliance, I realized I was about to go all "Hulk smash!" on the guy.

Him being a relative newbie, I opted for a different uke. Problem solved.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's a joke. The school they're at is Nexus in Coburg, Melbourne, Australia. Murat Karadenizli, a Pedro Sauer BB, is the head instructor (not in OP's vid). They're a very legit competition school. The brown belt with the shaved head is Kit Dale, a Peter de Been student who does pretty well in competition.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 6:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its a joke.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 7:10pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by flammable View Post
    its a joke.
    They were SERIOUSLY joking, jeez.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 7:41pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only joke around here is your posting

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 12:40am

Style: Freestyle scientific

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    When I do a demonstration, I ALWAYS outline the steps and levels of compliance. I'm getting to a story, so bear with me.
    This is pretty much my thought on the scenario.

When I was with the sheriff’s office, one of my extra-duties was community service. I was assigned to do a one-hour program for the local office of the US Forestry Service. Their contingent was thirteen females and three males; for some reason, even the males were required to attend this training geared toward female evasion and escape. As I was giving my thoughts, I said something like ‘it doesn’t matter how many krotty belts you have, the bottom line is you do what you have to do in order to survive’.

The supervisor was adamant that he be my attacker, and I outlined CliffDOG’s levels of resistance. This guy was 6’- 4” around 245 pounds; neither completely fit, nor a lard-ass, and seemed like a nice enough fellow (I’m 6’ – 1” 170). On the initial rear-grab (bear-hug), he snatched me up and flailed me about like a rag-doll; so much for 10%. I actually had to head-butt and groin-grab just to break free.

I ended up with the cartilage between three of my ribs being turned into dust. If I hadn’t had my body-armor on, I’d have been really fucked.

I later learned from the staff there that this guy is an ass-hat and is a TKD Black Belt. Apparently, I offended him by making the comment about belts not being a factor in the real world. I would really enjoy run into this guy in a different setting; I’d take a DQ just to get to kick him square in the sack.
    Geez, I would have sued him. Hackbart vs. Cincinnati Bengals.
    A demo is not a carte blanche to **** someone up. Nothing is.

Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    This may be a work, but many of us who instruct have run into the "nightmare uke".

I was trying to demo a move at a throwdown several years ago for someone who asked to see it. The guy who I picked as my partner could not understand the concept of minimal resistance. After trying to initiate the move three times and encountering 100% resistance every time despite explaining the need for compliance, I realized I was about to go all "Hulk smash!" on the guy.

Him being a relative newbie, I opted for a different uke. Problem solved.
    I have a regular partner that will go off reservation from time to time. I have bitch slapped that guy hard
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast