Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Conditioning help needed

Hey everyone. I came here to ask for help, but first more info about myself. First I still go to school and live in country where we have nearly no martial arts dojos. I live very far away from them. I came here to ask for advise about conditioning. I need to condition myself for fighting (mostly street fighting). Can someone recommend me good conditioning program (with little or no equipment req.)? I personaly heard about Tacfit. Is it any good? As much as I tried looking at internet I only found comments about sonnon himself. But what about program? Can someone recommend me something better?

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
    Hey everyone. I came here to ask for help, but first more info about myself. First I still go to school and live in country where we have nearly no martial arts dojos. I live very far away from them. I came here to ask for advise about conditioning. I need to condition myself for fighting (mostly street fighting). Can someone recommend me good conditioning program (with little or no equipment req.)? I personaly heard about Tacfit. Is it any good? As much as I tried looking at internet I only found comments about sonnon himself. But what about program? Can someone recommend me something better?
    Check out americanparkour.com. They have a workout of the day newsletter sent via email on weekdays for free. No equipment needed, but you will need to get familiar with some of the terminology.
    http://americanparkour.com/train/workout-of-the-day

Also, Beast Skills. Check them out. Strength holds galore.
    http://www.beastskills.com/

Couch to 5k, a thirty day beginner's running program. If you're gonna fight, you gotta run.:
    http://www.c25k.com/

ZombieFit is a website that also runs a workout-of-the-day program. It requires no equipment, has three levels depending on your fitness, and has a nice mix of running and bodyweight stuff.
    http://zombiefit.org/

Or, if you're more hardcore, Spartan Race, an international series of obstacle races, is great for endurance.
    http://www.spartanrace.com/wod/

Also, [which forum am I in? [oh.]] why are you looking to condition for street fighting?
    Last edited by simonifrius; 9/17/2012 1:31pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simonifrius View Post
    Also, [which forum am I in? [oh.]] why are you looking to condition for street fighting?
    Its hard to avoid and run from fights. Its better to win than lose. All fighting skills/techniques I learned by myself so my skills are very limited. Thats why I need more conditioning (so I could perform those few skills better). I will check those links you posted. Btw I found that these programs are really discussed:
    P90x
    insanity
    Rushfit
    Tacfit
    Tapout

Are they any good for martial conditioning? Which is best?

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its hard to avoid and run from fights.
    Not so. I myself haven't been in a fight in years. It hasn't even come up, because I know enough to stay away from most situations in which trouble may arise.
    Are they any good for martial conditioning? Which is best?
    I'd say that these programs will probably get you into shape if you follow them and diet properly. The problem is, you get into fighting shape by training in fighting. And that's how you learn to fight, as well. If you're in a situation where you'll HAVE to fight, I suggest going to a gym that will train you to fight. As a fellow book-learner (tho I later turned to live training), i can tell you that the two don't compare. Some people are able to learn some physical skills by watching, (I am one of these) but even we stand to gain ridiculous benefit from skilled coaching.

Style
    mma
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask your friends to punch you in the face?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simonifrius View Post
    Not so. I myself haven't been in a fight in years. It hasn't even come up, because I know enough to stay away from most situations in which trouble may arise.

I'd say that these programs will probably get you into shape if you follow them and diet properly. The problem is, you get into fighting shape by training in fighting. And that's how you learn to fight, as well. If you're in a situation where you'll HAVE to fight, I suggest going to a gym that will train you to fight. As a fellow book-learner (tho I later turned to live training), i can tell you that the two don't compare. Some people are able to learn some physical skills by watching, (I am one of these) but even we stand to gain ridiculous benefit from skilled coaching.
    I know that nothing can replace good teacher, BUT like I wrote there arent any martial arts dojos around (closest is 250 km away from me) and I cant get to it. If I could go to school I would have done it years ago.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think it's "hard to avoid and run from fights" then the best thing you could be training right now (for both self-defence and conditioning) is RUNNING.
    Both sprinting and distance. Get on it, and never have to get your ass kicked again, my friend.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Exactly. Not only will it help your conditioning, it doesn't require any investment besides the cost of a good pair of running shoes (which you REALLY will need).

Besides Couch to 5K and similar programs, you'll find plenty of good apps to help you if you've got an iPhone/Android. Got GPS & a data plan? Even better - they'll track your distance, pace etc and really help you progress. Plus, you can map out routes for yourself online.

Style
    mma
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (closest is 250 km away from me)
    Where the **** do you live?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Where the **** do you live?
    Eastern Europe. In country where basketball is god