You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    So he's redistributing money to invest in jobs for the world's poor? Doesn't that make a him a radical leftist?
    LOL that joke made me laugh. Yeah he's really investing in the poor from those tight ass Cayman bank vaults.

And by that logic, Bill and Melinda Gates are the world's biggest radical lefties.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Trust me I pay for it...I have to listen to my in-laws recite Fox "factoids" for hours and hours....
    Imagine if you lived in a country where if you wanted to own a tv or a radio you would have to pay for a Fox news subscription.

Imagine living in a country where if you didn't own a tv or a radio, because you didn't want to pay for Fox news, then employees of Fox had your address flagged in a database and sent a surveillance vehicle to sit outside your house and check you weren't secretly owning a tv or radio without their knowledge and permission.

Imagine if you lived in a country where if you were caught owning a tv or radio without paying your tribute to Fox news then you could be fined $1600 and if you didn't pay that fine you could go to prison.

That country is the UK and Fox news is the BBC.

So frankly, you're incredibly lucky to only have to sit through listening to your relatives political views mediated via Fox.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Imagine if you lived in a country where if you wanted to own a tv or a radio you would have to pay for a Fox news subscription.

Imagine living in a country where if you didn't own a tv or a radio, because you didn't want to pay for Fox news, then employees of Fox had your address flagged in a database and sent a surveillance vehicle to sit outside your house and check you weren't secretly owning a tv or radio without their knowledge and permission.

Imagine if you lived in a country where if you were caught owning a tv or radio without paying your tribute to Fox news then you could be fined $1600 and if you didn't pay that fine you could go to prison.

So frankly, you're incredibly lucky to only have to sit through listening to your relatives political views mediated via Fox.
    In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, "Come again?"
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 9/06/2012 1:57pm at . Reason: Quoted incorrectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:48pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not lucky.

My ancestors just killed your ancestors for the right to start their own cable news stations.

And I'd be the last person on Earth to argue that modern the UK isn't a fascist police state. UK surveillance of citizens puts the US to shame.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That is the irony. Fox has the largest viewership and highest ratings, even as they protest the "mainstream media", their audience would seem to represent the majority of American cable news viewers.

That means they've sucked in the lion's share of gullible people who consume cable news as their religion. There aren't many left for CNN or MSNBC anymore, regardless of their slant on a particular day.

Seriously the "MSNBC zealot" is someone I have yet to meet, whereas there never seems a shortage of Beckites, Hannitons, or the (now extinct) dreaded Gibsonians.
    I would suggest not listening to them. If others are, I guess their brand of bullshit resonates more deeply with a larger number of people than the liberal brand of bullshit.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:51pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:57pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I would suggest not listening to them. If others are, I guess their brand of bullshit resonates more deeply with a larger number of people than the liberal brand of bullshit.
    For my in-laws at least, I have a whole range of alternate topics ready to go at a moment's notice. I have to be careful to avoid climate change, politics, Israel, or the Tea Party. I can talk about guns, abortion, and the Bible, oddly enough because neither is particularly religious.

I prepare a short list of them before we even arrive.

As a nuclear option, if things are getting late and I want to go home, I'll call Ann Romney a gold digger or something and my mother in law will act like I just **** on the floor. It really helps motivate my wife to get the kids out in the car.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/06/2012 2:00pm at .

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    In the words of the Virgin Mary, "Come again?"
    I thought radio was included as well, on searching I don't think it is, only TV and there is a discount if you only have a black and white one, lol...

But all the rest is true.

It's all here, they openly tell you about it on their website
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...enalties-top5/

Boasting how their detector vans can catch you out within 20 seconds of monitoring you when parked up outside your house.

You can't even watch TV on your laptop without a licence, even if you only ever watch private TV company and never the BBC. It's illegal.

I don't know about the likes of Netflix etc... but I suspect even watching that via a laptop is illegal too, without a licence.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 2:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought radio was included as well, on searching I don't think it is, only TV and there is a discount if you only have a black and white one, lol...

But all the rest is true.

It's all here, they openly tell you about it on their website
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...enalties-top5/

Boasting how their detector vans can catch you out within 20 seconds of monitoring you when parked up outside your house.

You can't even watch TV on your laptop without a licence, even if you only ever watch private TV company and never the BBC. It's illegal.

I don't know about the likes of Netflix etc... but I suspect even watching that via a laptop is illegal too, without a licence.
    Jesus Christ! That is nuts! I didn't realise that it was like that over there.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 2:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the UK they can reconstruct your entire driving route based on a national network of traffic cameras set up literally wherever there are roads.

This is not for a suspect they have warrants for and have set up surveillance for.

This is for looking up anybody going anywhere doing anything.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast