Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick topic change, check it out....Fox News showing its religious bias in its headlines again...

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also a rather good reason why you would want wealthy people to pay a lower rate on capital gains than on earned income.

To incentivise them to invest their money in stocks, shares, start up companies and physical assets. The money that is invested is then deployed by companies, start ups and physical assets to create jobs, spend on improvements to infrastructure etc...

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Quick topic change, check it out....Fox News showing its religious bias in its headlines again...
    It's a private news organisation, it's 100% entitled to be biased in whatever way it wants.

It's not as if you have to pay for it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fox News is extremely biased, just like all the other networks. The humor begins when people argue that all the other networks are precious angels whose mission in life is to bring you the plain facts so you can make an educated decision. Don't be sucked in by either side.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People want bias in news reporting. Bias is what people will pay money for. The reason Fox makes squillions and the Daily Mail sells lots is that people will pay to get the news with a slant that they want.

For whatever reason left wing bias tends not to sell as well, in the UK, the Guardian loses 10s of millions every year, the New Statesmen is only read by 5 people and the Independent's circulation is almost entirely propped up by the office of the BBC newsroom.

Does MSNBC make money, a quick google just turned up articles by them talking about profits made by other companies?

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is why I watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. At least they are tearing both side apart for stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    To incentivise them to invest their money in stocks, shares, start up companies and physical assets. The money that is invested is then deployed by companies, start ups and physical assets to create jobs, spend on improvements to infrastructure etc...
    Or, as in Mitt's case, the money is moved completely outside the United States to avoid paying taxes and to ensure that he and his offspring stay rich no matter what happens to the Unites States.

Mitt Romney doesn't trust America with his money. Why should I trust him with mine?

Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    It's a private news organisation, it's 100% entitled to be biased in whatever way it wants.

It's not as if you have to pay for it.
    Trust me I pay for it...I have to listen to my in-laws recite Fox "factoids" for hours and hours....

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=judoka_uk;2720136]People want bias in news reporting. Bias is what people will pay money for. QUOTE]

This is true.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:38pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Or, as in Mitt's case, the money is moved completely outside the United States to avoid paying taxes
    So he's redistributing money to invest in jobs for the world's poor? Doesn't that make a him a radical leftist?

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Fox News is extremely biased, just like all the other networks. The humor begins when people argue that all the other networks are precious angels whose mission in life is to bring you the plain facts so you can make an educated decision. Don't be sucked in by either side.
    That is the irony. Fox has the largest viewership and highest ratings, even as they protest the "mainstream media", their audience would seem to represent the majority of American cable news viewers.

That means they've sucked in the lion's share of gullible people who consume cable news as their religion. There aren't many left for CNN or MSNBC anymore, regardless of their slant on a particular day.

Seriously the "MSNBC zealot" is someone I have yet to meet, whereas there never seems a shortage of Beckites, Hannitons, or the (now extinct) dreaded Gibsonians.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/06/2012 1:46pm at .
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast