Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 7:05am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Used to be that a civil servant (on whatever level) made less but had job security. Now government work pays better, has better benefits to the grave and has better job security.
    So much for calling it public service LOL.
    Government got a whole lot better. My high school graduate sister is due to retire at 53 with full benefits. Seems they can add five years to her time in service.
    I can't blame the workers. I know that Illinois is a prime example of how corruption and cronyism thrive.
    Last numbers I heard bandied about were that 1 in 10 people work for the government at some level. That was, I'm guessing, 15 years ago.
    And we all know that the system cannot sustain this much longer.
    Perhaps this country/world needs to implode economically and start over. Perhaps that's the plan after all.
    You called it in mid-flight. Hello Greece.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 8:16am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    These are all aspects that need attention.
    The majority of wealth being transferred from wage earners, is going to those who choose not to go out and earn wages of their own (back to entitlements).
    This part of your post kind of puzzles me; if you are referring to ill-gotten gains, I agree 100%. If this is about capitalism or free-enterprise, I cannot agree completely. Many of the super-rich grew their wealth from government contracts which were awarded due to cronyism, nepotism, and outright corruption.

Most contractors (or vendors) will tell you that their biggest customer is the government. If the contracts are legit (fair bidding process, following the rules and providing what they invoice for), I have no problem with that. Just my thoughts on this.

The majority of TAXES get transferred via entitlements. The WEALTH gets transferred in other ways. For instance labor can cross our borders yet remains illegal once people get here. Public services subsidize this labor and the illegal aspect makes any type of push for better wages really tough. Whether you approach from left (amnesty) or right (border enforcement) the current effect is the same. Depressed wages. Chips away at the bottom of middle class. The depressed wage IS the wealth transfer.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Here's Ann and Mitt's 2010 return: http://thorndike.com/wp-content/uplo...y1040-2010.pdf So Ann's dancing horse made more $$$ than you did last year?

Romney and Ryan's campaign of Bullshit:

Argh! The Green Party and Ron Paul make more sense than either major party, and Obama is a major disappointment, but Mitt and Ryan have reached new lows, lying their asses off in this campaign. Neck deep in horse **** it's difficult, but I'll try to pick out a few of the most blatant lies. This reminds me of President Kill, Ronald Raygun, and his often repeated tale about his famous Welfare Queen (and he said she was from the South Side of Chicago, a not-too-subtle racist attack):

"She has eighty names, thirty addresses, twelve Social Security cards and is collecting veteran's benefits on four non-existing deceased husbands. And she is collecting Social Security on her cards. She's got Medicaid, getting food stamps, and she is collecting welfare under each of her names. Her tax-free cash income is over $150,000."

That it was utter bullshit completely false crapola never seemed to hurt Reagan. He lied and lied and lied and became known as The Teflon President. This gives me little hope that exposing Mitt and Ryan's bullshit will hurt them. The American people seem to wallow in willful ignorance, happily swallowing crap: after all, we are number one in obesity. Oh, investigators searching Welfare Queen's case found the largest South Chicago ripoff; one woman had been busted for fraud, she'd received $8,000.

Mitt, "There's only one president that I know of in history that robbed Medicare, $716 billion to pay for a new risky program of his own that we call Obamacare."

First, Ronny did! Raygun himself raised money for secret illegal wars and some of that money came from his proposal to cut one billion from medicare (1/2 b arguably accounting bs, nevertheless it's a big cut and one made after he'd pledged never to cut Medicare). Dubya and Slick Willy also cut Medicare funds.

Secondly Obama's budget and health care plan don't cut ANY money from Medicare. There is a $500 million figure, made from over the next ten years, that they want to SAVE by going after insurance companies and reducing Bush's addition, Medicare Advantage - plans run by private insurers - this was Bush's attempt to create competition amongst insurance co's to reduce costs and it has failed, it has increased costs beyond traditional Medicare. Obama's plan also cuts money for hospitals that have too many re-admissions and other medical failures, an attack against fraud and poor health care, an attempt to make health care providers become more efficient.

The $500 million went to Mitt's $716 million by adding several years to the ten years of budget plans.

As far as I can tell, which isn't a lot of study, Mitt and Obama's health care plans are almost the same.

Mitt, Obama "quietly announced a plan to gut welfare reform by dropping work requirements."

Romney ad: "On July 12, President Obama quietly announced a plan to gut welfare reform by dropping work requirements. Under Obama’s plan, you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check, and ‘welfare to work’ goes back to being plain old welfare." a memo from Mitt associated with this ad, this plan "...undermines the very premise of welfare reform. It is an insult to Americans on welfare who are looking for an opportunity to build better lives for themselves. And it is a kick in the gut to the millions of hard-working middle-class taxpayers struggling in today’s economy, working more for less but always preferring self-sufficiency to a government handout."

Again, this is utter bullshit. There is a plan that would change, or allow State's rules to differ. Department of Health and Human Services released a memo, which outlined a plan to give states more flexibility in determining work requirements. On a case by case basis job training, internships or school may qualify welfare recipients. For many years work has required to get benefits, but if someone on welfare (like the Micronesians here in Hawaii) lacks language and skills to get a job, they allow near full time volunteering to count as a job, so the family still gets payments. Here it's a big boost to non-profits and parks, a pretty big number of Micros work for free. Well, not for pay, but we tax payers subsidize their welfare payments of course.

Romney, "I've been interested in seeing that the president continues to not only in speeches but in ads say things that are patently untrue. I've made it very clear. My tax policy will not reduce the taxes paid by high income Americans."

Yetch, I'm getting tired of this, I can only take so much! OSU! I WILL ENDURE!! Again this is crapola, specially coming from Mr. Big Lie himself. See http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...-tax-hike?lite and other sites to further learn.

Romney "...higher productivity means higher wages for the American worker."

Nope. Productivity rates saw sharp increases during the Bush/Cheney era, but wages remained stagnant.

Mitt Baby, "The president has now raised taxes on the middle class."

Christ, I'm done for now, and the above statement is, of course, a lie.

Various internet sites are after Romney and Ryan (Ryan's bullshit speech at the convention has got some notice from the fact finders), I found http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slackti...ocuments-them/ to be handy.
    Wait!! Are you saying that underprivileged politicians shouldn't get help raising their horses?? Why do you hate American horses??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 10:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me start by saying **** all politicians. None of them represent me.

On to my next point. Most people have close to zero understanding of taxes. Granted, the tax code is fucking huge and changes every year. It's complicated. But the majority of the time, the people who scream the most about taxes pay little or none themselves.

If you want to get all butthurt because Romney is rich, that's fine. Gay, but okay I guess if it floats your boat. Don't bitch about Romney's taxes though. He didn't do anything wrong there.

Before bitching about taxes keep this in mind. 40% of people who file taxes pay NO income tax AT ALL. This is not propaganda. That is a fact that most people fail to comprehend. They say, "Well, I pay taxes! It comes out of my check every week!" They forget about that refund check they get in the mail around June that gives it back to them. Many people pay no taxes and STILL get a refund based on tax credits. That's a fact too.

In addition to those who pay no taxes at all, there's a large chunk of the population that ultimately pays a very tiny percentage of their adjusted gross income. Romney pays a higher percentage in tax than almost everyone else in America.

Now, here's where Romney was slick. He paid a tax rate of around 18% when the max tax rate for 2010 was 35%. What does this mean? It means he's got a badass CPA/ tax attorney/ financial advisor, or all of the above. He was able to do this because the vast majority of his earnings were in the form of capital gains, which are taxed at a lower max of 15%.

There's nothing shady about this at all. It's perfectly on the up-and-up and it's just flat out smart business. Every individual or business should aim to do everything in their power to minimize their tax obligation without resorting to tax evasion. But still, the only people who should be hating on him are the other rich folks who paid 25-35%. And they really have no excuse either. They're just not as smart as him.

Also, keep in mind that he'll ultimately still pay a much higher percentage of his lifelong income to Uncle Sam because he'll get fucked to death with estate taxes when he croaks.

So if you just want to cry because he has a lot of money, have at it. But if you decide to bitch about his taxes, you're exposing yourself as moderately to severely retarded.
    Last edited by Devil; 9/06/2012 10:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:15am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****. I'm going to be doing pushups for months to properly rep devil for his post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:24am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work on a single tax credit (R&D), and the tax code is phenomenally complex. If anyone was given the option to either protect their assets or give them up to the government, who wouldn't protect them?

Don be upset that others are good at obeying the law and protecting their wealth.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hard to properly bitch about his taxes anyway.

He's still hiding most of that.

Ha ha the IRS can bust my ass for taxes going back a decade, but Mitt will only show the country he wants to run the returns he's filed SINCE he became interested in running for president.

What a snake. Great businessman for sure.

As President he would rob us blind.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/06/2012 11:44am at .

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Let me start by saying **** all politicians. None of them represent me.

On to my next point. Most people have close to zero understanding of taxes. Granted, the tax code is fucking huge and changes every year. It's complicated. But the majority of the time, the people who scream the most about taxes pay little or none themselves.

If you want to get all butthurt because Romney is rich, that's fine. Gay, but okay I guess if it floats your boat. Don't bitch about Romney's taxes though. He didn't do anything wrong there.

Before bitching about taxes keep this in mind. 40% of people who file taxes pay NO income tax AT ALL. This is not propaganda. That is a fact that most people fail to comprehend. They say, "Well, I pay taxes! It comes out of my check every week!" They forget about that refund check they get in the mail around June that gives it back to them. Many people pay no taxes and STILL get a refund based on tax credits. That's a fact too.

In addition to those who pay no taxes at all, there's a large chunk of the population that ultimately pays a very tiny percentage of their adjusted gross income. Romney pays a higher percentage in tax than almost everyone else in America.

Now, here's where Romney was slick. He paid a tax rate of around 18% when the max tax rate for 2010 was 35%. What does this mean? It means he's got a badass CPA/ tax attorney/ financial advisor, or all of the above. He was able to do this because the vast majority of his earnings were in the form of capital gains, which are taxed at a lower max of 15%.

There's nothing shady about this at all. It's perfectly on the up-and-up and it's just flat out smart business. Every individual or business should aim to do everything in their power to minimize their tax obligation without resorting to tax evasion. But still, the only people who should be hating on him are the other rich folks who paid 25-35%. And they really have no excuse either. They're just not as smart as him.

Also, keep in mind that he'll ultimately still pay a much higher percentage of his lifelong income to Uncle Sam because he'll get fucked to death with estate taxes when he croaks.

So if you just want to cry because he has a lot of money, have at it. But if you decide to bitch about his taxes, you're exposing yourself as moderately to severely retarded.
    I don't have a problem with his taxes, I have a problem with him being a douche. And let's also not pretend like the loopholes rich asses like Mit enjoy have nothing to do with the politicians they have in their back pockets. The rule is if you don't like the law then buy a new one. Citizens united is a good example.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Americans chooses their next President because he is a slick tax evader and asset liquidator, not only do they prove they deserved the Great Recession (of the Bush Administration), they prove they deserve a second helping.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's hard to properly bitch about his taxes anyway.

He's still hiding most of that.
    You wouldn't be able to properly bitch if you had every one of his tax returns since he was sixteen years old, because you're a know-nothing.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast