Posted On:
    9/08/2012 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    No expansion of Government?

Obama Care alone will increase the size substantially including the dreaded IRS.
    and yet even Fox News has admitted it will lower the deficit
    http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/0...tary-by/189780

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    LOL at you citing mediamattersnot.

How old are you? I'm asking this tongue in cheek.

Last time any government program cost what we were told? Possibly never.

I can't remember any and am 'over the hill'.

Can't seem to find the inclusion of free lube anywhere in the 2k+ pages of the bill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KYJ.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	13686

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 9:33pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Aside from the issue of programs going over, deficit at least projected to go down is good. Does the benefit of the program plus the deficit reduction justify the expansion? We are not politicians, we should be able to discuss this straightforwardly.

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 10:22pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Romney's biggest pro was that he implemented successful health insurance reform in the state of Massachusetts, my old haunt. 500,000 people insured and up to a 8% drop in ER visits statewide. The conservatives there are still bitching about the costs though...still bitching...all conservatives get done these days is crying in groups.

His biggest con is that he is now saying it's a bad system because Obama used it to successfully pass his signature legislation. You know....more crying.

So, his biggest con is he is a far worse liar than Obama has been proven to be. And his crying.

Romney's second biggest pro is that he's one of the few GOP contenders who actually admitted, on record, he doesn't believe the Birthers. If only he could rise above the rest of his party's bullshit.
    My bias is towards state action on this. The birther movement eventually became an insult to Hawaii from a group that is supposedly states rights.

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 1:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike to answer your question about pros vs cons
    Honestly its hard to find pros mostly because he is running on his business record and not his record as a governor. As a Governor he was fairly moderate this would be a good thing but the fact that he is doing everything to distance himself from this and the pandering to a small but vocal base is well not a very good thing. You can't even call him a pro if your a social conservative because you have no freaking clue what he will actually do in office since he is very comfortable saying one thing and doing another.
    Cons
    Well the one that concerns me the most is a congress full of tea party delegates being able to push through just about any legislation that they would like. Also the fact that a man who believes in magical underpants gets to pick a Supreme Court Justice also isn't a good thing.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are we talking about here? How about we get a tiny bit real. The assholes who screwed us (gambling bankers) get off not only scott free, but with hundreds of millions - in some cases 1/2 BILLION for one asshole (Mozilo of countywide) and we quible about bullshit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one in four.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	13687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prison-population.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	13688

****, lack the internetty skills to downsize, that's 736 for good old USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Last edited by patfromlogan; 9/09/2012 2:08am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 2:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    The assholes who screwed us (gambling bankers)
    I am pretty sure we screwed ourselves with our own greed. Bubbles form and burst because assholes that don't know what they are doing go into markets that they don't understand, and derail the market. It happens all the freaking time every thing where someone thinks that they can go in and make a quick buck without learning all the nuances.

Our dependence on cheap and available credit also did us in. How about simply spending what one has and waiting till they can make a purchase.
    This goes for businesses and countries, yes their are times where credit is a good idea but it shouldn't be how a company/country operates at all times.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:18am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat,

1 in 4 children live in poverty in the US???????

I bet there's a **** ton of children in third world countries that would tell our "impoverished" children to "HARDEN THE **** UP YOU WHINEY LITTLE PANSY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS".

Somehow I think that most of our "impoverished" children live a life of Lavish luxury compared to the impoverished on a global scale.

Really? Fucking chill out with the I hate america so bad I will grasp at any piece of rhetoric that comes with a fancy graphic and turn it into a whiney rage post on bullshido.

You have the ability to make decent arguments, but fucking hell it's hard to respect the viewpoint when you tend to bury it in piles of ****.
    Last edited by dflanmod; 9/09/2012 6:34am at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Pat,

1 in 4 children live in poverty in the US???????

I bet there's a **** ton of children in third world countries that would tell our "impoverished" children to "HARDEN THE **** UP YOU WHINEY LITTLE PANSY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS".

Somehow I think that most of our "impoverished" children live a life of Lavish luxury compared to the impoverished on a global scale.

Really? Fucking chill out with the I hate america so bad I will grasp at any piece of rhetoric that comes with a fancy graphic and turn it into a whiney rage post on bullshido.

You have the ability to make decent arguments, but fucking hell it's hard to respect the viewpoint when you tend to bury it in piles of ****.
    I apologize for posting when drunk. I didn't vet this and regret the tone of the post.

I do love my country, yet I hate many aspects of the government and I specially hate the chanting of USA! This is exemplified by the co-opting of the song Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen. Written in response to the shitty way America was treating Vietnam Veterans, having a cover where it appears Bruce is pissing on the flag, it became a fist pumping patriotic anthem. And my hatred is exemplified by the actions of Reagan.

Ronald Reagan said in a campaign speech, 1984, "America's future rests in a thousand dreams inside your hearts. It rests in the message of hope in songs so many young Americans admire: New Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen. And helping you make those dreams come true is what this job of mine is all about." Springsteen, "This was when the Republicans first mastered the art of co-opting anything and everything that seemed fundamentally American, and if you were on the other side, you were somehow unpatriotic." Springsteen performed the song acoustic for years attempting for it to be understood.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 9/09/2012 12:52pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 12:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You hate the government great organize, find canidits you do like and get behind them, and get them elected. We are still a government of the people by the people the recent success of Tea Party shows this. The "government" is nothing more then people. You have this weird concept of separating them out as some sinister organization. Yes their is certainly a degree of corruption but this is usually a grab for money not world domination or other weird crap.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast