Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to the St-Pierre/Silva topic, I would definitely choose Silva to win if I had to choose, but it's not like St-Pierre doesn't have some important tools that could make it a competitive fight.

St-Pierre is cautious overall, certainly, but it's not like he doesn't attack. His brand of caution isn't like Leites vs Silva caution, or even Maia vs Silva caution. **** will happen, and I would hope St-Pierre would be at least somewhat successful.

I think Silva would also have a much harder time drawing St-Pierre into a sparring match, which is where Silva really excels. When Silva is heavily attacked, especially with wrestling, his defenses and counter-punching start to crumble... We've seen that with Sonnen twice, against Henderson, Lutter, Takase, Luiz Azeredo, and Carlos Newton. So I think St-Pierre could easily be successful with his wrestling, and given his ability to compose himself under pressure, I think it's a real possibility for him to find a winning rhythm. Of course, it would probably be a mostly-boring decision, but at least it could finally be proven that Silva isn't a superman or anything.

If it did go to the ground, I think Silva would have a much harder time getting out from underneath that wrestling half-guard smash than he did against Lutter or Henderson. Even though Lutter is an amazing grappler, I'd still argue that GSP's MMA-functional wrestling is much more tuned to the sport he is playing than other wrestlers or grapplers. His base is fantastic.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP's is a freestyle wrestler, not folk, his game on the ground is extremely Jiu-jitsuey. He doesn't smash from half, he passes and looks for subs/elbows.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 7:43pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP is probably more well-rounded (and good) in every range than anyone I've seen. Silva is the best in one area, great in another, but kind of fades in between (from what I've seen). While I still give Silva the win, I think blackmonk's dead on.

That's why I say the more interesting fight for Silva is Jones. First off, range is no longer in Silva's favor, so he will have to use more of his considerable skill than usual. Second, Jones may be better in the clinch than Silva. Third, I have no idea what happens on the ground in this fight. I think Silva can beat Jones, but I think Jones can beat Silva too.

That said, if anyone can work out a game plan that works against Silva, besides what Sonnen revealed in his first bout with the champ, GSP can. But he has a lot going against him.

Posted On:
    9/13/2012 9:58pm

Style: Humbleness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rammon dekkers vs buakaw

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GongKwon Yusul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As epic as it would be, not gonna happen for a long time. After Condit, Diaz will prob return looking for his belt, Ellenburger, Kampmann, Macdonald will be up there in the welterweight division soon enough anyway.

Any way, they both have to much to lose, Andersons on like a 14 fight win streak and probs wants to retire with the belt so I dunno. They'd make a ton of money though if they did do it.

cheers ( my first post on bullshido so dont hurt me :) )

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 3:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So GSP vs SILVA has failed again.

If Dana could've made this fight, I would've forgiven him for all his douchebaggery. He failed.

Oh and I like how he and Fertitta made fun of Arum for failing to make Pac vs Floyd (now that Pac lost to Marquez), when they themselves can't deliver. Hypocrites.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This poster amuses me:

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    diaz is really not a pretty man.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they should flip GSP around and make it look like Amazing Spider-man #230:

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “I’m the biggest Manny Pacquiao fan ever, I bet on Marquez,” “Dumbest fight in history. Bob Arum is a moron. You don’t take that fight, you idiot. Why would you do that fight? It’s all about the money, that’s why.

“That was a money fight, that’s what that fight was done for.”

“[Pacquiao] should have fought [Timothy] Bradley,” “Bradley’s the fight they should have done. He would have knocked Bradley out, he would have got his belt back and now he’s back in the position he should have been in.

“[Pacquiao's] one of the best fighters in the world. He goes out and fights Marquez again? Bob Arum is the dumbest promoter in the history of the world.”

http://www.5thround.com/134171/dana-...uel-marquez-4/

WTF, Dana? WTF
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 12/22/2012 1:27pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast