Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who says eating fruit is a bad idea should be taken behind a shed and smacked up a bit.

The only people who should consider cutting fruit from their diets are those trying to get their bodyfat % to a rediculously low level, say for a bodybuilding competition. If you are trying to gain weight, eat lots of fruit in addition to everything else you are eating. If you are trying to lose weight, eat fruit instead of all the other shitty food you have been eating.

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 12:13am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    Actually, majority fruit is high in sugar in some cases. Contrary to it being organic or processed. Vegetables would serve you better.
    I don't have a problem with vegitables per se, but I prefer fruit as a snack and veg cooked with a meal. But thats just me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 9:13am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I don't have a problem with vegitables per se, but I prefer fruit as a snack and veg cooked with a meal. But thats just me
    That'll work, just keep the level of fruit down, protein in every meal, and no carbs after noon.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, majority fruit is high in sugar in some cases. Contrary to it being organic or processed. Vegetables would serve you better.
    It's glucose though, not fructose.

Learn the difference. Live it.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That'll work, just keep the level of fruit down, protein in every meal, and no carbs after noon.
    ... if you are fat and not active.

For normal people or those who are actually active, eat fruit whenever you like.

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 10:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIFYM, It doesn't matter what you eat really, what really matters is that you get the calories you need to gain muscle. I'd suggest counting macros so that you can gain muscle and weight gracefully. generally for protein intake you want around .8-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. 2 grams of carbs per pound of body weight, and 3 to 4 grams of fats per pound of bodyweight also 20-25 grams of fiber as not everything you eat can be junk food. I find counting macros a very flexible method of keeping to keep track of my diet and progress. It will help you a ton.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 10:27pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: To eat poorly or skip meals?

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    IIFYM, It doesn't matter what you eat really, what really matters is that you get the calories you need to gain muscle. I'd suggest counting macros so that you can gain muscle and weight gracefully. generally for protein intake you want around .8-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. 2 grams of carbs per pound of body weight, and 3 to 4 grams of fats per pound of bodyweight also 20-25 grams of fiber as not everything you eat can be junk food. I find counting macros a very flexible method of keeping to keep track of my diet and progress. It will help you a ton.
    First, what the hell is "IIFYM"?

Second, everyone doesn't need to count their macros. This typically frustrates the **** out of someone who are just casually trying to lose a few pounds, or someone who just wants to maintain. It's one thing to get a rough idea of the calorie count in some of one's normal meals so you can estimate your intake and see what progress one has made, it's another to spend every waking moment hunting down nutrition facts and recording them.

Third, actually read these posts to see if what advice you're giving even fits the agenda.
    Last edited by itwasntme; 3/02/2013 10:47pm at .
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 10:53pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    I assume you mean 0.3 to 0.4 grams of fats per pound of body weight.

Unless you want the unsuspecting victim to eat 10,000+ calories?

Also, check the dates on the last posts before yours.

:)

Posted On:
    3/03/2013 2:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliada View Post
    -college diet angst
    With any luck, you're still reading.

As a musician, I'm the brokest joke in the mix, so I (we) go to the Haymarket for veggies and fruit. Get Mushrooms for 2lbs for $1, Orange peppers 6-for-$1, Red Peppers 2-for-$1, $1 boxes of strawberries, blueberries, Garlic 50c for 6 Garlic(s?)
    etc etc. I get protein, natural sugars, and all, for a fraction of anywhere else in the city except possibly Chinatown, for certain things.

If you live in Nawlins, surely there's a market somewhere, in the city. If you're dealing w/ supermarkets, get the healthiest of what's on sale. That's what we're forced to do (I'm not Gollum, I'm in a relationship).

If you can't have a hotplate or whatnot, and can only nuke things, some veggies won't work probably. I changed my diet after 2 DECADES of shitty eating, September 15th 6:11pm last year.

I've never been as broke as I am now, but simultaneously never eaten so well, since I left home loooong ago. It can be done. Take one afternoon a week, and hit the market.

EDIT: Don't skip meals. Just eat a little bit of something healthy, that you purchased wisely :]
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234