Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 6:44am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I wish you would post more often.

I also wish you come back to Austin to teach another seminar. There's a distinct lack of Mongol flavored SOMBO in my life.
    This. Oh, yes. This right here.

:)

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to page 7 on the JF thread before people started wall-of-text responses, and I needed a break.

My favorite part was the 'eating a pot brownie is worse than stealing 100 grand + from a kids' music program' rationalization.

I've seen some lame appeals to authority, but the guy starting in w/ the reverend bollocks was magically inept and ironic. None of us are perfect, soooo (some bullshit).
    All that **** would have been flamed to ashes on BS. Damn I love it here :]

Another gem:
    If I had been in his shoes I would have made the same mistake. I would think many of you would.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 9/09/2012 10:37am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 12:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the idiot whining about witch hunt.
    http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/witch%20hunt
    Witch Hunt: disapproving : the act of unfairly looking for and punishing people who are accused of having opinions that are believed to be dangerous or evil

The **** is true, he admitted to the **** and he is a thief. It is not unfair, he is not just accused, and the **** he did was evil.

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 1:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Don't really go to judo forum and I am too ignorant of the judo politics to know better. But this link was worth visiting this thread.
    For good reasons I hope.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 4:19pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twan55 View Post
    And, I find it a bit strange that "Judo" is being looked at in a negative light because of both him and the JudoForum, as if the sport itself is at fault. Does Kano's creation somehow lend itself to sanctimonious assholes and latent felons?
    "We may continue. To the stirring refrain of the main theme from "Chariots of Fire", we may declare that judo fosters quick thinking, personal courage, and self reliance...all the while ignoring the fact that all three of these are traits one needs to become a successful bank robber."
    Paraphrased from "Falling Hard: One Man's Journey into Judo", which, by the by, I highly recommend.

Maybe it's just because I am from the warm and nutty part of the USA, but I'm getting serious Swaggart vibes off the JF's reaction to this whole thing.

Cliff notes for those not from the warm and nutty part of the USA:
    Jimmy Swaggart was an extremely sucessful and wealthy televangelist from Louisiana who was caught with his hand in the...well, since I used "cookie jar" as a metaphor for Mr. Nogaki's monkeying around with money, if I use the phrase "honey pot" for Mr. Swaggart's indiscretions I believe everyone should get what I'm subtly hinting at. Then came the cover up, then the revelation, and then the circling the wagons by the True Believers. Just like this case.

Truly is it said that the glory we gain blinds both ourselves and those around us with it's luster.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 10:15pm

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If I had been in his shoes I would have made the same mistake. I would think many of you would."

Special pleading. What about using marijuana? And no, most people don't take advantage of their community's trust to steal money (earmarked to benefit children, no less).

I remember seeing some Kenpo guy on some other forum get real uppity & indignant when someone said something less than kind about Mr Mitose's less-than-honorable actions.

Last edited by jeffphansen77; 9/09/2012 10:18pm at . Reason: poor education

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 12:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I got to page 7 on the JF thread before people started wall-of-text responses, and I needed a break.

My favorite part was the 'eating a pot brownie is worse than stealing 100 grand + from a kids' music program' rationalization.

I've seen some lame appeals to authority, but the guy starting in w/ the reverend bollocks was magically inept and ironic. None of us are perfect, soooo (some bullshit).
    All that **** would have been flamed to ashes on BS. Damn I love it here :]

Another gem:
    The reverend guy is an odd bird. 35 years of Judo and just made shodan few years ago. For several years he came on like some sort of Judo expert, was a CK et al nuthugger, etc.

Then I found out the above stated fact.

And now he is a "reverend".

Bleh.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 12:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Josh Resnick set them straight for sure.

I've been in Judo for 30 or so years now. Been on the USA Judo BOD, national level ref (not anymore), been involved in the coaching program, the technical officials program, grass roots committe, etc etc blah blah blah.

And I am sad to report I'm not surprised at anything in Judo anymore. From chomos to embezzlers to puffed up mediocre POS judoka who sucked enough figurative cock in any or all three of the US national judo orgs to get where they are today.

Judo is no better or worse than the people doing it, in that respect it's no different than most other activities we humans engage in.

Ben

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 12:10am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    "We may continue. To the stirring refrain of the main theme from "Chariots of Fire", we may declare that judo fosters quick thinking, personal courage, and self reliance...all the while ignoring the fact that all three of these are traits one needs to become a successful bank robber."
    Paraphrased from "Falling Hard: One Man's Journey into Judo", which, by the by, I highly recommend.

Maybe it's just because I am from the warm and nutty part of the USA, but I'm getting serious Swaggart vibes off the JF's reaction to this whole thing.

Cliff notes for those not from the warm and nutty part of the USA:
    Jimmy Swaggart was an extremely sucessful and wealthy televangelist from Louisiana who was caught with his hand in the...well, since I used "cookie jar" as a metaphor for Mr. Nogaki's monkeying around with money, if I use the phrase "honey pot" for Mr. Swaggart's indiscretions I believe everyone should get what I'm subtly hinting at. Then came the cover up, then the revelation, and then the circling the wagons by the True Believers. Just like this case.

Truly is it said that the glory we gain blinds both ourselves and those around us with it's luster.
    I did some Judo with the attorney for the woman Swaggert got caught with. Got the inside scoop on that sordid story.

Ugh.

Ben

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 9:41am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course! Cool blog. I look forward to digging into it
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast