Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 9:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twKoxinga View Post
    Y nuthugging cult of personality, where they would just be vague and obtuse and reply condescendingly a decent chunk of posts.
    Hey, I resemble this remark.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couple of things:

1) I would like to know the whole story. Was the guy a habitual criminal, or was this his first time stealing? NOTE: I AM NOT EXCUSING HIS BEHAVIOR. WHETHER OR NOT IT IS HIS FIRST TIME DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT WHAT HE DID WAS COMPLETELY WRONG. It's still felonious, still awful, still repugnant.

But was this some kind of late-in-life aberration? Did something happen to make him begin to lose his grip? He is 55 years old- isn't it kind of odd to wake up at, say, age 53 or 54 and say "o.k., let's see- how 'bout I steal over 100,000 dollars from a non-profit and risk prison, ruining my life, and permanently destroying the reputation of myself and my entire family for all eternity? Sounds like a plan..."

Again: I am not defending Paul Nogaki. I am simply wondering what the circumstances were behind this whole thing. Had he been doing this kind of stuff for years, everywhere he went- or was this his first foray into felony larceny? It is just so fucking odd...

And, 2) I find it a bit strange that "Judo" is being looked at in a negative light because of both him and the JudoForum, as if the sport itself is at fault. Does Kano's creation somehow lend itself to sanctimonious assholes and latent felons?
    Last edited by twan55; 9/06/2012 11:22pm at .

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 11:03pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hey, I resemble this remark.
    He certainly does, IiF does it better than anyone I know!
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twan55 View Post
    Does Kano's creation somehow lend itself to sanctimonious assholes and latent felons?
    No more so than any other style. Probably less than many, in fact, but Judoforum clearly attracts that type.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 3:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does Kano's creation somehow lend itself to sanctimonious assholes
    Un-fucking-doubtedly.
    and latent felons?
    Insufficient data.

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 3:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does Kano's creation somehow lend itself to sanctimonious assholes and latent felons?
    Don't think Kano created the House of Commons, could be wrong though...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 5:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Fields View Post
    Ya, the judo forum dudes get wrapped up in a bunch of crap. The guy stole money from kids and not just lunch money, so if folks don't like him because of it... that ain't the end of the world. Judo should teach you to take your lumps.

As to CK... no **** the guy is an ass. I love the fact that he liked the James Bond, secret identity bullshit, cowardly. I don't give a damn about how "good" or not his judo is, act like an adult.

The place rubs me raw, but then again, I guess it should since I don't relish the exclusive power rtip crap they liked to lay down about "real" judo. Of course maybe in another 25 years on top of my two decades, I will come to understand the true power and deep insights of throwing people down and bending them the wrong way.

Aaron
    I wish you would post more often.

I also wish you come back to Austin to teach another seminar. There's a distinct lack of Mongol flavored SOMBO in my life.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2012 1:02pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got into one discussion with the guy the gist of which was me trying to convince him that it didn't matter how much experience a person had, how knowledgeable they were, how much they've contributed to the community, there should still be a bare minimum amount of human decency that is required of them, and that rules for civility should at least vaguely be applied the same to everyone. He seemed unmoved by this idea.

"that's just your opinion" also seemed to be a go-to phrase for him. Doesn't matter what facts or logic you have on your side, that's just your opinion.

I don't know the details of what happened, but I was not surprised at all by the accusations, and I could have predicted exactly who was going to come out pro-stealing from children.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 6:34pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't really go to judo forum and I am too ignorant of the judo politics to know better. But this link was worth visiting this thread.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 9/08/2012 6:43pm at .
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2012 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwscott View Post
    I got into one discussion with the guy the gist of which was me trying to convince him that it didn't matter how much experience a person had, how knowledgeable they were, how much they've contributed to the community, there should still be a bare minimum amount of human decency that is required of them, and that rules for civility should at least vaguely be applied the same to everyone. He seemed unmoved by this idea.

"that's just your opinion" also seemed to be a go-to phrase for him. Doesn't matter what facts or logic you have on your side, that's just your opinion.

I don't know the details of what happened, but I was not surprised at all by the accusations, and I could have predicted exactly who was going to come out pro-stealing from children.
    Thank goodness this **** never happens in BJJ!
    King without a crown
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast