solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    They did delete the thread, that one up on the forum now is the second incarnation of the topic.

The first one was started by a different poster to the second, although the second poster joined on the day they posted the thread, which suggests a regularl trying to post it up anonymously.
    i don't think any of the regular posters actually have admin powers over the whole site, so perhaps the person who created the original thread was pressured to delete it, and was able to do so, leading to the second one. the re-naming of nogaki's account also points to someone trying to clean up without all the necessary power.

i think it's ironic that that site actually runs better *without* moderation.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 2:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i don't think any of the regular posters actually have admin powers over the whole site, so perhaps the person who created the original thread was pressured to delete it, and was able to do so, leading to the second one. the re-naming of nogaki's account also points to someone trying to clean up without all the necessary power.
    The admins can definitely delete threads still or at least some of them can.

What happened with Nogaki's account, I missed that?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 2:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happened with Nogaki's account, I missed that?
    They've changed the account name to "Francois" i.e. http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi...0-harai-goshi/

Presumably this is a slightly feeble attempt to make it harder to look up his post history? It fails fairly definitely because all the replies still call him "ptnippon", making the whole thing eminently Googleable.

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's pretty pathetic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 6:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of people have a lot of intellectual capital invested in the idea of CK, PTNippon and Hanon having some kind of inside track on teh real Judo.

I used to as well, but grew increasingly disillusioned and then the whole CK thing tipped me over the edge.

The people tying themselves in knots are those who hadn't until now seen those three for what they are and or are still trying not to see it. As everyone can see that requires some pretty extensive mental gymnastics.
    I read through the thread, but what are you referring to when you say "the whole CK thing"? I haven't been on JudoForum in a while. I think its ridiculous how people are piling on to defend this guy, especially since it seems that most of them are the same people who bandwagoned on his old posts about how Judo nowadays doesn't teach enoug honor or respect or whatnot.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twKoxinga View Post
    what are you referring to when you say "the whole CK thing"?
    there was a big fiasco about CK and his background, and he threw a hissy fit and threatened to file lawsuits etc. if you do enough searching on this site you will probably find the threads.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah I see, thanks for the clarification

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 9:22pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me see if I have this right:

A wise old judo sensei, from back in the deep time when judo was honorable, and senseis created students of noble worth, and those filthy wrestlers and Brazilians were kept at the back of the bus where they belong, was caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar and smears of chocolate chip all over his mouth.

.................................................. ......
    .................................................. .....

Just imagine how badly he would have turned out if he had come up in today's bastardized judo culture
    :happy:

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 12:13am

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya, the judo forum dudes get wrapped up in a bunch of crap. The guy stole money from kids and not just lunch money, so if folks don't like him because of it... that ain't the end of the world. Judo should teach you to take your lumps.

As to CK... no **** the guy is an ass. I love the fact that he liked the James Bond, secret identity bullshit, cowardly. I don't give a damn about how "good" or not his judo is, act like an adult.

The place rubs me raw, but then again, I guess it should since I don't relish the exclusive power rtip crap they liked to lay down about "real" judo. Of course maybe in another 25 years on top of my two decades, I will come to understand the true power and deep insights of throwing people down and bending them the wrong way.

Aaron
    Last edited by Aaron Fields; 9/06/2012 12:15am at . Reason: typo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 1:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, even with an interest in Judo it was difficult reading through their forums just because ck, ptnippon, and hanon nuthugging ruined it. It was like a cult of personality, where they would just be vague and obtuse and reply condescendingly a decent chunk of posts. Which is really a shame, considering that there were a lot of good discussions or interesting topics by reasonable posters. The fact that a seeming majority of the population of their forum have gone from denying any wrongdoing to making excuses for his actions really doesn't reflect well on them either.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast