Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    So, being a terrible human being aside, are his youtube videos worth watching?
    his videos are quite good, but personally i'm anxiously waiting for his RBSD prison fight series.

*crickets*

too soon?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:29pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    His videos are some of the best ones on youtube. You probably couldn't learn all the necessary basics from them, because obviously they're short, but you wouldn't learn anything bad.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm looking at his videos already having an understanding of the throws.

I've read that thread in it entirety now, and while I hardly ever read Judoforum because it's dull, I now have to conclude it is also insane.

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm looking at his videos already having an understanding of the throws.

I've read that thread in it entirety now, and while I hardly ever read Judoforum because it's dull, I now have to conclude it is also insane.
    Yeh sure.

I mean personally if I was going to make a technique video I wouldn't do it in the same format as him. I'd do it broken down in the same way I break down my technique articles/threads.

However, if you compare it to the other technique videos on youtube it's head and shoulders above most of them, of the English language ones that is. As the best videos on youtube are all in French, Japanese and Russian etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When exactly are you going to write a new article?

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:07pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad times. What you need to do is rob some dumb band geeks of about a hundred grand and spend all your shiny, new free time learning more and writing more articles.

What am I meant to do now? Listen to a Judo coach in person?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 6:09pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a clusterfuck. They can't do anything simply and easily there, can they?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 1:41am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ptnippon right before getting busted
    I think the previous posts have pretty much covered it. I think it's important to remember why Kano developed judo from jujutsu and to remember his true vision for judo. Not to have judo in the Olympics or to have kata competitions or to make it a spectator sport but to have the option of learning judo to improve one's self and thus society in general.
    Shoulda...sent a...poet.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 6:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Developments

An e-mail from, I presume, the head of the band organisation to Judoforum poster Genetic Judoka

Thread link

http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi...on-stole-from/
    Jason,

Thank you very much for your email. I have been reading the thread on the Judo site... it's been fascinating/amusing/upsetting, to say the least. I have mixed feelings about putting out our info, only because I would never want it to appear like we are trying to benefit from all of this in any way. Let me tell you a little about us, and how we operate...

Although our school has only been in existence for 9 years, we have grown to one of the largest high school instrumental music programs in California with approximately 325 students participating in all aspects of our music performance groups this year. In 2008 we finished 19th at the Grand National Championships in Indianapolis, more importantly being awarded the Esprit de Corps Award. This national award is given to the band that “best exhibits pride, spirit, enthusiasm, friendliness, and unity throughout the Championships.” The past two consecutive years we have won the Marching Band Open Series Championship. We are extremely proud of the accomplishments of our students in these brief 9 years, stressing that they do all things with CLASS... Character, Leadership, Attitude, Scholarship, and Service to others.

In California, we are legally not allowed to charge any type of fee to students wanting to participate in our program. In addition, the entire music program receives absolutely NO funding from either the school or school district. We are solely funded through voluntary donations from our parents, and especially a lot of fundraising by our students. Everything we do... buses (last year over $45,000), music, instrument purchases/repairs, uniforms, etc. is paid for by our booster group. If a student wants to be in the band, we have to provide them an instrument. Every time we feed the kids a meal at a competition, or band camp, it costs us $1,000. Although we have a lot of kids, as you can imagine our expenses are extremely high and money is a constant struggle for us.

I have known Paul for several years. I have traveled with him, been to his home many times, eaten numerous meals with him, and sat next to him at many football games. His daughter, a wonderful young lady, was our Drum Major for two years. I have also sat next to him in Board meetings, listening to him explain our financial state as we cut things from the kids' program because we didn't have the money. This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions since I discovered the irregularities. My heart goes out to his family, yet I am hurt and saddened that he continued this on a constant basis for well over a year.

To compound the issue, we now have to have a forensic audit done and we've been advised it could cost around $7,500. Yes, this could be added on to the total amount, but I question if we will ever see all the money which means we'll never get this additional amount back. In the meantime, we don't have an extra $7,500 in our budget which means further immediate cuts to our student's program.

I'm probably giving you more information than you ever wanted. While your "associates" fight on the forum about whether they should stand by their friend who did something wrong to some unknown group, I sit here and wonder how he could look me, and everyone, in the eye for all those many months.

Should anyone wish to make a donation to our organization, it will be greatly appreciated.... so long as their motive is correct. Our Paypal email address is:

vmhsga@gmail.com (communication to me goes to thevmhsga@gmail.com)

We are a 501(3) non-profit organization ID# 42-1631196. Our mailing address is:

Vista Murrieta Band Boosters
    25060 Hancock Ave., Ste. 103-123
    Murrieta, CA 92562

Best wishes,

Craig

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 7:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but....but...it doesn't affect the kids.

Whew, the logical fallacies coming from that lawyer are ridiculous. SO what if the family supports their relative, why do the other posters have to watch what they say to appease them?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast