--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone box in Guildford?

Looking to start learning a striking art. Have always admired boxing due to its no nonsense approach. Anyway, I'm based near Guildford and am looking to hopefully start at a club here. I've googled "Guildford Boxing" but nothing suitable comes up. Just wondered if anyone knew any clubs around here suitable for a noob. I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a club here, but I've yet to find it! Thanks!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes finding boxing gyms is kind of difficult; many of them don't use the post listings on the Internet or in phone books. Your best bet might be to try asking locals. I didn't know my club existed until someone at work told me about it. Other than that, you'll want to check with the governing body for amateur sports for your area.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have a look on this thing: http://www.abae.co.uk/aba/index.cfm/clubs/club-finder/

A lot of boxing clubs have no/rubbish web sites.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the tip of searching the ABAE. Looks like there is a club nearby in Bellfields Will give them a buzz and see if they can accommodate a beginner. Now to get over the rather intimidating nature of such clubs...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have found the same, which I'm surprised about.
    I know there is/was a JKD place in Guildford, about a 10 min walk from the train station.
    I live in Farnham, which has a boxing club at the sports centre, also there was one in Aldershot, but I think that closed down.
    Seems to be plenty of Mcdojos about though, GKR and Precision and whatnot, which I suggest you avoid.
    Hope you found something.