221990 Bullies, 4130 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 136
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    367

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:58pm


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Go eat some spam Hawaii man.
    please read those stickies. it's recommended reading for intelligent people.
  2. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,224

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:59pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Go eat some spam Hawaii man.
    That's the best you got, boy?
    I know you haven't read through the link i provided, are you scared to see what an idiot you're being?
    The truth sucks sometimes, i'll grant you that.

    Here are two more; go study up and maybe, just maybe, you can one day have a conversation with the adults.
    http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/toc.htm
    http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html
  3. ashkelon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BXL
    Posts
    327

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:02pm


     Style: Striking, grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Dude, you think I disagree with you? I am fucking ashamed of how badly the art has degenerated. I am just trying to explain some concepts that are horribly buried under bad training and hideous taijutsu.
    Come on don't cop out now.
    What has it degenerated from?
    Hatsumi did it right at some point? All the video's point to it being ineffective since well... video. If you go further back the origins are highly controversial.
    If noone trains it right, if the only one who does it right is you, YOU are doing it wrong, which in this case, is a good thing.
  4. Gigatron is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:06pm


     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    Come on don't cop out now.
    What has it degenerated from?
    Hatsumi did it right at some point? All the video's point to it being ineffective since well... video. If you go further back the origins are highly controversial.
    If noone trains it right, if the only one who does it right is you, YOU are doing it wrong, which in this case, is a good thing.
    Not coping out. There are vids from the 70's/80's from various Tai Kai where they have put people on blast for not training and doing techniques like the Tsuki and Shuto wrong. Most of them I've seen are VHS recordings at my Shidoshi's house. I do believe one is on Youtube I'll post it below.



    The bitch session takes place at around 17 minutes. And yes that's the best I have Chen, keep posting me links that I won't read or click. You will require the exercise from the spam I'm assuming you adore.

    P.S The Jinenkan was basically founded because Manaka got sick of this type of **** that was going on and decided to continue training seriously with resistance. Also just because Hatsumi wants to do **** wrong doesn't mean he is the authority. Tanemura and Manaka have both called him out on it before.
  5. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,404

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    And that really bothers you? And it's ok you can picture me as the anime freak wanting to learn Japanese, however that would be unnecessary for me. I have Rosetta Stone lvl 1-3 Japanese on my gaming laptop I'm just too uninterested in using it at the moment!
    Rosetta Stone on your playtop? Damn, I'm jealous. All I have is a year living and training on Okinawa. Again, surely before you were born.

    Not really trying to pull the senior age argument, but ****, you really are full of it. And, like myself and just about everybody else at your tender young age, you're too full of the know it all arrogance of youth to realize just how little you do indeed 'know'.

    Ok, I am pulling the senior age and experience argument. So there. You are today's YMAS bitch.
  6. Gigatron is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:09pm


     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Rosetta Stone on your playtop? Damn, I'm jealous. All I have is a year living and training on Okinawa. Again, surely before you were born.

    Not really trying to pull the senior age argument, but ****, you really are full of it. And, like myself and just about everybody else at your tender young age, you're too full of the know it all arrogance to realize just how little you do indeed 'know'.

    Ok, I am pulling the senior age and experience argument. So there. You are today's YMAS bitch.
    10-9? Sarcasm isn't funny when I have to explain it : ( so yeah.
  7. ashkelon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BXL
    Posts
    327

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:11pm


     Style: Striking, grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK let's try to explain another way. If holding your arm out is not the way, why then is that what the technique is "defending" against from the first shot in that video?
  8. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,224

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:16pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you won't read the links, you are just being an immature child.
    Oh well, your loss kid.

    Honolulu is often rated as one of the healthiest cities in the nation.
    We are the home of the original Ironman for example.
    Spam? Lol, go check my posts in the foods around the world thread to get an idea of the local fare.
    That said, yes we do consume much spam, per capita.
    Before you extrapolate that however, have you ever heard of a guy named John Stamstad?

    John Stamstad is talking Spam, and because he is unarguably the best ultramarathon mountain bike racer in the country, if not the world, you are listening with something that treads the gossamer line between fascination and disgust. "Fried Spam is the best. It just kind of melts in your mouth." He pauses, perhaps taking the moment to allow his taste buds to relive a particularly juicy slice, then continues, sounding just slightly disheartened. "The raw Spam has been kind of hard to get down lately." Fried or raw, Stamstad has earned a dubious renown for washing down these gelatinous energy boosts with swigs of whole milk from his Camelbak.
    Yep, it fuels elite athletes.

    Before you question Stamstad's choice of racing fuel, consider the massive well of experience he draws on when filling his shopping basket. This is the man who's won Alaska's brutal Iditasport for the past seven years straight, which unfolds over 250 miles of frigid wilderness. ("Maybe [that record is] more luck than skillÉ but I'll take it either way.") This is the man whose first bike race covered the 275 hilly miles that separate St Louis and Kansas City. Twice. ("I wanted to start with the hardest race possible. I was planning to enter the Race Across America qualifier, but a buddy told me this one was harder.") He got third. This is the man whose love for mountain biking was sparked by a race across the brutish, scorched expanse of Australia in '92. ("Thoughts of RAAM kinda paled after that.") This is man who, last summer, rode the 2,469 -mile Continental Divide Trail in 18 days and five hours, climbing an estimated 200,000 feet in the process. ("It was terribly lonely.") This is a lean man who's carved a living from a lean niche in a lean sport. If he wants to eat Spam, let him eat Spam. He needs the fat.

    Perhaps your brain is suffereing from a lack of fat, G.
    You're looking dumber by the instant.
  9. Gigatron is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:16pm


     Style: Ninjutsu

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    OK let's try to explain another way. If holding your arm out is not the way, why then is that what the technique is "defending" against from the first shot in that video?
    The "techniques" you're referring to are kata. The arm is being held there for demonstration purposes, 90% of the video footage are demos and katas. Katas are a dance to teach principals of technique, you would never use a kata in real combat, you would also never move as slowly or exaggerated as in a kata either.

    So now you ask " where the **** is the footage of them using it realistically " well the only way to see that is if they were fighting and the Bujinkan frowns upon that [ which I think is absolutely retarded and am against and have been against forever ].

    There is no footage of them using it the way it's meant to be used because they don't really attack each other in these videos.

    If you remember from the debate you and I were having at 3am while I was at work, one of the things I'd like to do is create some footage of full contact randori using the techniques so you can kind of understand some of the art better since no such footage apparently exists.
  10. Gigatron is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138

    Posted On:
    9/03/2012 1:18pm


     Style: Ninjutsu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    If you won't read the links, you are just being an immature child.
    Oh well, your loss kid.

    Honolulu is often rated as one of the healthiest cities in the nation.
    We are the home of the original Ironman for example.
    Spam? Lol, go check my posts in the foods around the world thread to get an idea of the local fare.
    That said, yes we do consume much spam, per capita.
    Before you extrapolate that however, have you ever heard of a guy named John Stamstad?



    Yep, it fuels elite athletes.




    Perhaps your brain is suffereing from a lack of fat, G.
    You're looking dumber by the instant.
    You're defending spam on a martial arts website. You need to an hero and stop taking my stupid remarks to your stupid remarks literally. If you haven't noticed I'm attempting to have a conversation/debate with people who reply with more than links and "ur stupid".

    With that being said, this does need to go to YMAS. I just witnessed a grown man defend a meat product which was used as an insult to his living location and had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Spam is clearly SRS BUSINESS.

    I apologize for insulting your island meat god/canned deity.
    Last edited by Gigatron; 9/03/2012 1:21pm at .
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.