Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last
  1. #31
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,485
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but...

    You're a ninjer!

    Misdirection and all that. I'll continue to picture you as that cute lil avatar.

    You continue to call those of us much more experienced in the martial arts (and life in general) son/kid.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BXL
    Posts
    353
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me quote myself, always wanted to quote myself, and you:

    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    I merely concluded from what you say about the Tsuki that Hatsumi and the shihan do it wrong.
    What you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron
    The Tsuki isn't a "lunge punch". That's LARPers holding their arms out thinking they understand a technique they do not only to have Tori beat Uke senseless while he holds said arm out.
    which is all they fucking do in all the fucking videos of fail.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Yeah, but that's not stopping "on impact", that's stopping quite a bit after impact. Since not telegraphing, level changing, retracting quickly etc. etc. are all emphasised heavily in any competent boxing/kick-boxing instruction, what added value are you getting from the word/concept 'tsuki', out of interest? What's the 'ninjitsu' advantage, if there is one?
    It doesn't have to be an immediate withdrawl, maybe I worded that poorly. Just fast enough to not leave your damn arm hanging there and utilize the limb to either block/strike/grab/unbalance the body for other techniques.

  4. #34
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    You said I'm an idiot immediately after I was explaining that he misquoted me because he can't read and stated that it was idiotic to do something like that. Get mad kid.
    No, you can't read, idiot.
    I explained that you're an idiot for using logical fallacies, and gave you the tools to stop doing so.
    Nowhere do i mention Ashkelon, i even pointed out how that is another fallacious tact to your "argument".

    Nevermind, you're already mad practicing those Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Reptile fighting styles you listed.
    You are making the mistake of thinking that because of the limited space of my style field, that KF is all i practice.
    I fought in the early Futurebrawl back in the 90s (while you were waddling around with **** in your nappy) and do BJJ these days, so fail again...
    Heck i was on the wrestling team before you were born, kid.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    let me quote myself, always wanted to quote myself, and you:



    What you said:


    which is all they fucking do in all the fucking videos of fail.
    Dude, you think I disagree with you? I am fucking ashamed of how badly the art has degenerated. I am just trying to explain some concepts that are horribly buried under bad training and hideous taijutsu.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    No, you can't read, idiot.
    I explained that you're an idiot for using logical fallacies, and gave you the tools to stop doing so.
    Nowhere do i mention Ashkelon, i even pointed out how that is another fallacious tact to your "argument".



    You are making the mistake of thinking that because of the limited space of my style field, that KF is all i practice.
    I fought in the early Futurebrawl back in the 90s (while you were waddling around with **** in your nappy) and do BJJ these days, so fail again...
    Heck i was on the wrestling team before you were born, kid.
    Everyone had dirty diapers. Don't be so mad, I really don't care about your martial arts style. It's just funny to see you defend it quickly yet think I'm a dumbass for trying to explain to you why I'm defending mine. Hi pot, I'm kettle.

  7. #37
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Everyone had dirty diapers. Don't be so mad, I really don't care about your martial arts style. It's just funny to see you defend it quickly yet think I'm a dumbass for trying to explain to you why I'm defending mine. Hi pot, I'm kettle.
    I'm not defending KF.
    Fail kid.
    Go read the bullshidoka arguments, because right now, you're full of ****.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138
    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    but...

    You're a ninjer!

    Misdirection and all that. I'll continue to picture you as that cute lil avatar.

    You continue to call those of us much more experienced in the martial arts (and life in general) son/kid.
    And that really bothers you? And it's ok you can picture me as the anime freak wanting to learn Japanese, however that would be unnecessary for me. I have Rosetta Stone lvl 1-3 Japanese on my gaming laptop I'm just too uninterested in using it at the moment!

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    138
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I'm not defending KF.
    Fail kid.
    Go read the bullshidoka arguments, because right now, you're full of ****.
    Go eat some spam Hawaii man.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    422
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    which is all they fucking do in all the fucking videos of fail.
    QFT

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    It doesn't have to be an immediate withdrawl, maybe I worded that poorly. Just fast enough to not leave your damn arm hanging there and utilize the limb to either block/strike/grab/unbalance the body for other techniques.
    you're joking right? every daikomyosai/tai kai video I've seen has that arm handing out while hatsumi ultra-combo's the **** out of them.

    if that wasn't bad teaching, I don't know what that is.

Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO