10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    What the Hell? Bro, I can't make it any clearer. Maybe you missed something. I just said I fight professionally and posted one of my matches.
    Ahh, right, sorry, the threads seem somewhat mixed up. The fight was in 2007? Do you have plans to fight again?
    Back to your other statement, since HungryJoe didn't answer yet. You named several of the points that involve proper Tsuki usage, mainly set up and misdirection. The eyes can telegraph movement from the shoulders, this is common when shitty wrestlers go to grab your legs, you see it a mile away. Keeping your shoulders on a horizontal plane doesn't trigger the early warning from your eyes as easily, so it's set up/misdirection that makes it work, it's not done as an opening punch lol. It's done after a jab or some type of misdirection/feint. Even a bogus shin kick would misdirect them to shincheck and thus stay in one spot temporarily allowing you to spear right through them with the strike, a proper tsuki is basically a hidden cross utilizing all of the body weight moving forward and then stopped upon impact to prepare the next strike/move/escape/whatever [ in most situations, there are some weapon situations that use a different weight ratio ].
    So it's a cross to the body you do without telegraphing? How are you spearing right through if you're stopping on impact?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:36pm

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I'm old enough to be your dad, son.
    Read all of those fallacies, and if you have a modicum of honesty you'll see that you use them consistently.
    That makes you an idiot, the lack of logic in your posting.
    Are you denying Ashkelon misread my statement? LOL. You're just blatantly ignoring his mistake and trying to avoid the topic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Ahh, right, sorry, the threads seem somewhat mixed up. The fight was in 2007? Do you have plans to fight again?
    So it's a cross to the body you do without telegraphing? How are you spearing right through if you're stopping on impact?
    When you stab a watermelon with a knife, does it not spear through and puncture the watermelon? Can you not quickly pull the blade out without hitting the table it sits on? It's kind of like that.

Edit: I fought again in 09 and took a break due to work. Yes I plan to return to the cage, mainly because the project I'm working on would require it be tested on people who are above average in skill and have something important to fight for without murdering one another [ money, fight record, etc ].

Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you denying Ashkelon misread my statement? LOL. You're just blatantly ignoring his mistake and trying to avoid the topic.
    I'm not referring to Ashkelon at all, that's a red herring of your construction.
    Fail, kid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:40pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I'm not referring to Ashkelon at all, that's a red herring of your construction.
    Fail, kid.
    You said I'm an idiot immediately after I was explaining that he misquoted me because he can't read and stated that it was idiotic to do something like that. Get mad kid.

Nevermind, you're already mad practicing those Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Reptile fighting styles you listed.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps we're being trolled (-;

http://www.textfugu.com/bb/topic/the...ning-japanese/

Gigatron
    Premium Subscriber

BertCurtis:
    Gigatron… Are you currently training in any specific martial art, and do you have a favourite fighter?
    Ah, no I’m not training in martial arts, me. I’d be too frightened of getting myself pummelled to do so. XD
    Can’t say I know too much about the subject, but I’ve watched the MMA fights with my mates a few times and I always found them very fun to watch.
    You and I have different reasons for wanting to live in Japan, but we’re both aiming for the same destination, so hopefully we’ll get there! :)
    LOL at this puke calling anyone kid/son.

Gigi, I think you're a girl.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:41pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't "misquote" you, I ignored your statement that certain teachers you name correct it. I merely concluded from what you say about the Tsuki that Hatsumi and the shihan do it wrong. They are the authorities, not you.
    Hatsumi doesn't often do the Tsuki, as he's always defending. He's not correcting here and on the off case that he strikes from range he makes the same lungeing movement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Perhaps we're being trolled (-;

http://www.textfugu.com/bb/topic/the...ning-japanese/

Gigatron
    Premium Subscriber
    Gigatron is a common name for the Transformer Overlord. It's the same as someone picking Optimus Prime, that's not me. I'm definitely not British or say "mate" or maybe that's Australian.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you stab a watermelon with a knife, does it not spear through and puncture the watermelon? Can you not quickly pull the blade out without hitting the table it sits on? It's kind of like that.
    Yeah, but that's not stopping "on impact", that's stopping quite a bit after impact. Since not telegraphing, level changing, retracting quickly etc. etc. are all emphasised heavily in any competent boxing/kick-boxing instruction, what added value are you getting from the word/concept 'tsuki', out of interest? What's the 'ninjitsu' advantage, if there is one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    I didn't "misquote" you, I ignored your statement that certain teachers you name correct it. I merely concluded from what you say about the Tsuki that Hatsumi and the shihan do it wrong. They are the authorities, not you.
    Hatsumi doesn't often do the Tsuki, as he's always defending. He's not correcting here and on the off case that he strikes from range he makes the same lungeing movement.

Videos don't translate micromovement very well and Hatsumi is notorious for doing **** wrong on DVDs for some insanely strange reason.

Example: The Koku Kata from Gyokko Ryu has a left side step and a counter attacking kick under Uke's leg from Tori's left leg, Hatsumi has done it with the right leg on video.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast