Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 6:58pm

Style: Flowing Combat

Hell yeah! Hell no!

decent

Well, I know exactly what I'm looking at. Ken looks like he has the basics of the body movement down pat. However, he clearly lacks understanding of the actual process behind the power, he believes in the magical power of Chi, and is using ancient metaphors alone.

He is also double weighted at some point.

Also, it is indeterminable if Ken's material is combat viable as he teaches it. I saw nothing but pushes. But looking at his movement it likely is.

Ken, have you ever used your material to save your own life? That of others? How many times? Have you taught people who have? Your uniform gives me the wrong impression I think.

Best Regards,

Gary Romel

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you bump a thread, with a new account, to **** on another instructor? Wow, you are a dick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:35pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    So, you bump a thread, with a new account, to **** on another instructor? Wow, you are a dick.
    Well, I signed up for bullshido years ago, and before this incarnation. I also posted on this topic becuase I have experience in the area, and relevant opinions.

Your welcome, I'm far from a dick, just trying to be helpful. I also believe I stated I thought he could use his material.

You sir, are the dick. I was trying to be objective.

Gary

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:39pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? So, questioning his uniform is objective? Don't be a liar as well. His uniform has **** all to do with his DVD or his stances.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRomel View Post
    Well, I know exactly what I'm looking at. Ken looks like he has the basics of the body movement down pat. However, he clearly lacks understanding of the actual process behind the power, he believes in the magical power of Chi, and is using ancient metaphors alone.

He is also double weighted at some point.

Also, it is indeterminable if Ken's material is combat viable as he teaches it. I saw nothing but pushes. But looking at his movement it likely is.

Ken, have you ever used your material to save your own life? That of others? How many times? Have you taught people who have? Your uniform gives me the wrong impression I think.

Best Regards,

Gary Romel
    Bullshit on objectivity. Dick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:42pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? So, questioning his uniform is objective? Don't be a liar as well. His uniform has **** all to do with his DVD or his stances.
    A liar? No. I resent the implication. I have had multiple government clearances, and I take my honesty very seriously.

Questioning his uniform, yes, it does raise a flag. Uniforms are unnecessary and I find foster a sense of division and prejudice among students. It also strikes me as an ego and status symbol. I understand his wanting to look nice for a video, which is why I said "Your uniform gives me the wrong impression I think." --quite far from a hostile statement.

Are you a student of his or something, you sound hostile and defensive?

G
    Last edited by GRomel; 9/28/2012 7:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:48pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit? Some way for a moderator to act.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'm sure Ken would appreciate the constructive critique, any MA instructor, or MA'ist worth their salt would. Any he has quality material from what I have seen.

You should let Ken speak for himself, he is on this thread.
    Last edited by GRomel; 9/28/2012 7:53pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 7:53pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A liar? No. I resent the implication. I have had multiple government clearances, and I take my honesty very seriously.
    Logical Fallacy will not address.

Questioning his uniform, yes, it does raise a flag. Uniforms are unnecessary and I find foster a sense of division and prejudice among students. It also strikes me as an ego and status symbol. I understand his wanting to look nice for a video, which is why I said it put me off, and did not come to any conclusion.
    Interesting.. You have yourself in military dress on your website. This paragraph is one huge contradiction..

Are you a student of his or something,
    Another logical fallacy.

you seem to be a bit bias
    You might want to look up that word. I called you a dick there was no bias in either post.

and hostile?

G
    Yep. You both have online DVD programs and there is no reason for you to critique anything.

Hostile? Yep. There is constructive criticism and the **** you posted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 8:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Logical Fallacy will not address.
    Perhaps you could point out the name of the fallacy and explain, otherwise it's conclusionary nonsense. I have a degree in law and have studied formal logic. If there is a fallacy I'm perfectly willing to admit and explain...just use your analysis and not skip to your opinion based on very little information.

.. You have yourself in military dress on your website. This paragraph is one huge contradiction..
    Yes, my web guy took liberties with it (he took it from my facebook without warning. But I served in two wars, I think I've earned the right to have a picture of myself in uniform. Also kind of relevant--I trained soldiers overseas in combat methods.

logical fallacy.
    See the forgoing comment

You might want to look up that word. I called you a dick there was no bias in either post.
    Well, non-bias people in my opinion don't resort to name calling. It's petty and doesn't foster objective, or productive discussion in my experience.

. You both have online DVD programs and there is no reason for you to critique anything.
    I haven't put an online lesson up for over a decade (and there are only two--I had no time to update them). I am however selling old DVDs (one of which I am giving away for free streaming online), and will put out a new one shortly. There is plenty of room for everyone. And yes, there is a reason to critique. If someone is pretending to teach combat viable material, and is just pushing and wearing silk pajamas, it should be the publics responsibility to alert people. Isn't that what this website is about? Perhaps you forgot the name? Now, I don't think Ken rises to that level, as I said, he is skilled. He doesn't deserve to be called out as bullshido, quite the contrary.

? Yep. There is constructive criticism and the **** you posted.
    My criticism is fact. Like I said, I'll put my money where my mouth is, from my perspective you are the peanut gallery, mouth-boxing online. How much training have you had? Have you used your training in real life?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 8:35pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit? Some way for a moderator to act.
    Randomly critiquing a competitor is no way for an instructor to act. Glass houses and stones; you live in one, put the rock down.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'm sure Ken would appreciate the constructive critique, any MA instructor, or MA'ist worth their salt would. Any he has quality material from what I have seen.
    So, is this where I get your old posts and point out how you reacted to "critiques" less derisive than yours?

I strongly dislike the current assholes that surface and decide to attack various instructors. Now, if you come with legit complaints, critiques, and proof cool.. More often than not, it is crap like your bullshit posts.
    You should let Ken speak for himself, he is on this thread.
    You better find your old password and use your old account; I'm on this thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 8:51pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why I was hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary on 3/09/2004 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the very constructive critisism regarding my new site and demo.....(insert sarcasm here)

Ok, so I deserve it for the cheezy lighting, and of course the audio overdubbing was cheese mixed with hype, but im reworking it....

I am also working on a clip that is more in context with reality. I did some basic apps. in a slow, and non violent manner. But it should be known that the first app I have used in a real altercation, and the rest in hard contact sparring.

In classes, (which I teach on the military installation to all adults) we do sparring drills, reaction drills, mostly application work, with a mix of push=hands and other Neijia drills.

It should also be noted that non-cooperative training is included, I do have one student who can bench press 450 pounds and is very fast for his size. He didnt think I looked like much until I opened his gaurd and slammed him to the ground in a blink. No, i dont use any Aikido, it is a blend of Tai chi, xingyi, and Bagua, with some pressure point striking IF the student is skilled enough to get lucky with the points later on in training.

If anyone is in my area (Oklahoma city), I would be happy to give you a friendly demo or class n person. Skeptics welcome, but any non-friendly people will not be tolerated. Im not interested in mouth boxing over the internet, especially if the responses are as childish and inept as the ones above,but legitimate questions and constructive critisism will be addressed, just send me an email at
    ....but....but..your criticisms are "fact.." Put your money and your mouth boxing on that hypocrite.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast