Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a joke, that this skinny little clown thinks he can handle me without firearms.

LMAO

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From his LinkedIn page:

Chief Executive Manager

Flowing Combat LLC

Legal Services industry
    January 1999 – Present (13 years 10 months) West Los Angeles
    Private or semi-private Instruction, or home study courses in Self-Defense methods based on: military unarmed combat & the Chinese arts of Baguazhang, Xingyichuan, Taijiquan, and Dim-Mak.

Past: Developed multiple curriculum's to meet the diverse self-defense and fitness needs of Tinker AFB personnel. Provided weekly instruction to military and civilian employees in Tai Chi, self-defense / martial arts, and sexual assault prevention techniques.

Created and sold thousands of instructional videos delivered worldwide via DVD and innovative web-based training.
    Gary,

Which area at Tinker AFB were you giving your lessons?

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and all the thousands of DVDs that you sold. Were these Marcus Brinkmans DVDs? If so there are some serious claims that you sold things that were not yours to sell and kept the profits.

And you call me bad names?

Lying Thief is what you are going to be called from now on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:14pm

Style: Flowing Combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    From his LinkedIn page:

Gary,

Which area at Tinker AFB were you giving your lessons?
    Building 216, next to the 552 Air Control Wing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Oh and all the thousands of DVDs that you sold. Were these Marcus Brinkmans DVDs? If so there are some serious claims that you sold things that were not yours to sell and kept the profits.

And you call me bad names?

Lying Thief is what you are going to be called from now on.
    No, these were my DVD's, stemming from my Black Belt Magazine Ad. You are continuing to lie and assault me verbally. This is Malicious and useless for discussion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary,

It seems you are confused at my abbreviations allowed by law to be attached after my name.
    I am not confused, nor do I care that they are allowed by law. I just find it funny they are all there.

the Record:

I busted my ass to get my Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine(MAOM) at the New England School of Acupuncture. Its a very grueling 3 year course. My license comes from the Board of Registration in Medicine here in Massachusetts. The same people who give MD's their licensure.

I took 4 national board exams, much more diffucult than a bar exam, and when I passed all 4 of them, I received Diplomate of Oriental Medicine status(Dipl.OM) from the NCCAOM.
    Well good for you. My statement regarding Evidence based medicine still stands. More difficult than the bar exam? Hmmm, CA is the toughest in the country (NY close), my ex-fiance' doctor's boards weren't as difficult according to her...and she is a real Doctor Of Medicine.

that you are selling this unknown, untested martial arts program that claims to be all that, but is not, and you are attacking me for being a licensed health care provider.
    My material is well tested over more than a decade. The base for the material is known, well known, and very old.

am not the one being a total douchbag and mouthboxer. How about you post up some more videos of you, how big you are and where you actually train.
    Well, the facts tell a different story. Where are your videos? I have some, and you have...none. So it is you who are hiding. how big am I? I am 6 ft, and like 160 pounds wet. I train on Santa Monica Beach.

practice acupuncture at Nutrapy 90 Rockland Street Hanover MA 02339 781-829-9355. You are more than welcome to come visit as I treat Vets of the Armed Forces for free using Community Acupuncture.
    Good for you. I don't come to that part of the country often. Nor do I think that I would get decent vet treatment.

seem very keen to badmouth people and hide behind the internet rather than be known.
    Hide? I use my real name, and have a website and video. What demo's do you have?

is no way you would even last a few minutes with me, no matter what you spew from your mouth.
    You are entitled to your opinion. I don't like to make assumptions to that degree.

am 6'2" and 290. Why do keep this facade up?
    I don't care. I have had students who were professional power-lifters who I assure you were tougher than you. Don't underestimate speed and skill. There is no facade, I am willing to give you a free friendly lesson. I am not the one who came to you with B.S. chest-thumping. If you have something to prove, by all means, find me.

are very rude, arrogant, and really are not what you claim to be.
    Show me.

least I can back up what I claim and have met and trained with many people here compared to yourself, who snipes and slanders people while hiding like a coward.
    Hiding? No. Back it up? Yes. Show me.

it up, and we will see who can actually do what.
    Ok, come see me, lets do a friendly demonstration.

just plain suck and are jealous of people like your teacher, Marcus Brinkman who is an OMD and myself who is a Licensed Acupuncturist/Herbalist.
    Suck? Wow, such sophistication. I am not jealous of, nor have any ill will towards Marcus. He is a skilled man. Marcus knew of Flowing Combat when we met, this is no surprise, your offense if not necessary and is ill-founded.

seems like you do not like others who help people rather than be someone that preys upon people such as yourself.
    Actually I built a site (insidersasia) from the ground up, created products, books, e-books, DVD's, DVD=samples, etc to help. In the end at a cost to me, not a benefit.

So if you would like to continue to dump on someone who simply tried to help and is getting blasted for it, so be it. But your wrong, and you lack Wu De.
    Last edited by GRomel; 10/04/2012 9:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:42pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary Romel,

I read your LinkedIn page before seeing the above post. I thought your page was the most self serving bullshit I've read from many hundreds on LinkedIn. Your attack above is my only reason for entering into this thread.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyromel

Really? Thanks for your service, but your awards are nothing special.
    Well, Linked in is a resume', and is supposed to be self-serving for networking purposes.

Nothing special? So Air Medals Don't count? Being the first AWACS scrambled in response to 9-11 doesn't count as anything special?? My letters of appreciation, from the president of the United States and multiple Generals doesn't count? What are your life accomplishments? How many times have you almost died for your country? I have lost track. How dare you come after my service record. Shame on you.

about answering the questions posed regarding your teaching combat applications while in the Air Force?
    I have. There was even an article about it in the base newspaper. If there are other questions, I have not seen them, to much garbage, please quote them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRomel View Post
    So if you would like to continue to dump on someone who simply tried to help and is getting blasted for it, so be it. But your wrong, and you lack Wu De.
    This is not help nor is it Wu De:
    Well, I know exactly what I'm looking at. Ken looks like he has the basics of the body movement down pat. However, he clearly lacks understanding of the actual process behind the power, he believes in the magical power of Chi, and is using ancient metaphors alone.

He is also double weighted at some point.

Also, it is indeterminable if Ken's material is combat viable as he teaches it. I saw nothing but pushes. But looking at his movement it likely is.

Ken, have you ever used your material to save your own life? That of others? How many times? Have you taught people who have? Your uniform gives me the wrong impression I think.

Best Regards,

Gary Romel
    All based on one video.
    LOL at you and your claim of a guy "who simply tried to help."

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the very constructive critisism regarding my new site and demo.....(insert sarcasm here)

Ok, so I deserve it for the cheezy lighting, and of course the audio overdubbing was cheese mixed with hype, but im reworking it....

I am also working on a clip that is more in context with reality. I did some basic apps. in a slow, and non violent manner. But it should be known that the first app I have used in a real altercation, and the rest in hard contact sparring.

In classes, (which I teach on the military installation to all adults) we do sparring drills, reaction drills, mostly application work, with a mix of push=hands and other Neijia drills.

It should also be noted that non-cooperative training is included, I do have one student who can bench press 450 pounds and is very fast for his size. He didnt think I looked like much until I opened his gaurd and slammed him to the ground in a blink. No, i dont use any Aikido, it is a blend of Tai chi, xingyi, and Bagua, with some pressure point striking IF the student is skilled enough to get lucky with the points later on in training.

If anyone is in my area (Oklahoma city), I would be happy to give you a friendly demo or class n person. Skeptics welcome, but any non-friendly people will not be tolerated. Im not interested in mouth boxing over the internet, especially if the responses are as childish and inept as the ones above,but legitimate questions and constructive critisism will be addressed, just send me an email at gary@flowingcombat.com.

Ive used my stuff to save my own ass in real life, and I think its good legitimate training that I am offereing. I have taken precautions against being a McDojo.... here is the short list

1. No contracts

2. No unifomrs

3. Sparring, and fast hard contact drills

4 I take my students to other teachers seminars, in the past we have taken silat, kali, and BJJ from other instructors to round off skills

5. I dont teach kids

6. I tell the students to check out every other school before joining mine, and support them taking two classes at once.

7. Ive taught guys with between 2-25 years in the following arts and they were amazed at my skill and happy to learn what I had to offer them -Krav maga, Muay thai, Kenpo, Aikido, wing chun, bagua, tai chi, xingyi, Liu he ba fa, boxing, wrestling, shorin ryu, TKD, and American Kickboxing, and shootfighting/jj off the top of my head.

8. I freely admit I lack the skill to teach ALL ranges of fighting, particulary groundfighting, I have some basic skills I have learned to save my own butt, however I suggest students seek qualified instruction elsewhere in that area.

regards,

Gary
    Funny how you didn't like being judged by your video, but here you sit judging someone by a video.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary, the National Institute of Health called.

They said you don't know what you're talking about with regard to medicine. They said you should stop.

And you know this how?
    Because I know.

Well, I disagree. I think it DID in the armed forces. I would know, I served for almost a decade.
    I won't take any of your military claims seriously until you've verified every bit of it. So far though you're a backpeddling twat.

I definitely can't take most of what you say seriously because you're unaware how strongly the United States federal health consortium supports the benefits of acupuncture, based on evidence based studies and double blind testing.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/04/2012 10:21pm at .
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast