Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 5:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo and lower back pain issues

I would like to ask the judokas of the forum a question. I've had lower back pain issues (i couldn't find the exact definition in English for the thingy i got). Will that be a big problem for me? I didn't have any problem so far in 2 years of Wing Tsun neither on Krav Maga.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 10:27am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does your back feel about getting repeatedly thrown on the ground? How about wrestling around on the ground with a fully-resisting opponent?

When I've tweaked my back, I've either skipped judo class entirely or else gone and done only gentle warmups and drills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 12:11pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ice. After every practice. Also every night whether you've had practice or not. Regular icing really makes a difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I've already thought of what NeilG said by the moment I've decided I wanted to attend Judo class.Also I've already asked the club instructor about my problem and he said that I should be fine as we're going to emphasise into get my back muscles strong and also emphasise into falling properly:Smile2:. Also didn't have any problem with itense workout so far,Judo to Wing Chun and Krav Maga training is totally different but still was intense :happy:.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need to apply ice every session, something is going very wrong.

If you have back issues then there is a lot of stuff in judo that can exasperate that. I think a lot of this comes down to bad movement patterns and being careful to do things properly can prevent this. You say that you can't find the exact English translation for your condition, I would suggest you do find out, as depending on what's wrong with you it could make a big difference on how you proceed.

At the end of the day though, you'll probably just have to try a few classes and see how you get on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    If you need to apply ice every session, something is going very wrong.

If you have back issues then there is a lot of stuff in judo that can exasperate that. I think a lot of this comes down to bad movement patterns and being careful to do things properly can prevent this. You say that you can't find the exact English translation for your condition, I would suggest you do find out, as depending on what's wrong with you it could make a big difference on how you proceed.

At the end of the day though, you'll probably just have to try a few classes and see how you get on.
    I've found some Greek-->English translation but I don't know if that's the definition or even close to that ( google translation doesn't really help on scientific definitions lol). The intsructor already told me to attend 5 trainings for free so that we both know if I've got a "BIG" problem or if we can overcome this by doing proper exercises and strengthening my back muscles. Actually on Wing Chun I've overcomed this because my instructor had the will to help me move further sohe had an eye on always to make sure that I perform everything properly.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just post the Greek wikipedia page on whatever it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Just post the Greek wikipedia page on whatever it is.
    http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9A%...8D%CE%BF%CF%82
    Well....There you go....Mine isn't on a risky level...Just on a level let's just say...Annoying and when not doing things properly :)

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:07pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Herniated lumbar disc. That's probably going to be a problem for you and you'll have to do a lot to work around it.

Also, the automatic translation worked perfectly on that one.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that's the case you'll have a problem with Judo. No, you need a professional to check.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast