Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 8:47am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    matthew, what ranks do you hold in BJJ and judo? you say you are teaching MMA, do you have any competitive MMA record? how about a record in *full contact* striking?

i think the answers to those questions will affect how people here value your experience outside of the booj.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 10:19am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He explained some of it in another thread. An angry poster typed before he thought and FK is here to post up some pics, since we do not delete threads.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 5:30pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    matthew, what ranks do you hold in BJJ and judo? you say you are teaching MMA, do you have any competitive MMA record? how about a record in *full contact* striking?

i think the answers to those questions will affect how people here value your experience outside of the booj.
    I'm under the impression that he has someone else teach the MMA class, although it would be prudent of me to ask. He is currently a white belt in BJJ.

Mathew, this is a good question, do you teach the MMA class? Or do you get someone else to do it?

If you teach it, what are your qualifications? If you don't, who is the MMA instructor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He explained some of it in another thread. An angry poster typed before he thought and FK is here to post up some pics, since we do not delete threads.
    sorry, i missed the other thread. i'll pay attention and hopefully we will be able to establish his credentials properly, it seems that he is agreeable to doing so.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 5:56pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is how I described the Bujinkan a few hours ago:

You ever go to a Ren Fair? You know the people hitting each other with fake weapons? The Bujinkan is like that except they dress like Ninjas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    BTW it's not about traditional ma, BBT is much less traditional than say Muay Thai, which has excellent reputation.
    This is a good point. While the X-kan organizations do have a curriculum derived from various classical Budo schools, they do not teach in a classical manner. Being a student of something like Takagi Ryu Jujutsu is an exercise in absorbing the school's founder through kata, oral tradition, and other esoterica. Most would be hard-pressed to do this for one school; attempting seven is ridiculous.
    Last edited by DARPAChief; 8/29/2012 8:03pm at .

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    This is how I described the Bujinkan a few hours ago:

You ever go to a Ren Fair? You know the people hitting each other with fake weapons? The Bujinkan is like that except they dress like Ninjas.
    No way. That's way more alive than the booj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 11:04pm

Style: bujinkan & shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok just a few points are know there quite a few questions getting ask here to me. i posted this post to build up some points here so i can post "my credentials" or the like, and i hoped this post would attract enough posts so i can post my stuff. also my credentials , qualifications are not up for discussion on this post, its about what people think of the bujinkan. but i will post most of my stuff very shortly when i can. also i want to do it without filling up the whole page or coming across as im boasting or the like. because i'm not, never will ,i don't need to....

i got in shane poppleton for daniel lima's fight club because, i wanted someone why better than me to teach it, and also so i can train in it myself to get better. also i just came from teaching anywher from 2 to 5 classes a night, plus some sat and helping in the gradings, tournaments ect. so i wanted a break, and im quite happy to teach 2 nights a week, and be a student 3 nights a week.

this will be just a little run down but only because some have asked..

kyokushin karate age 7 to about 14 eddie emin in st kilda melbourne
    ( multiple kyokushin tournaments. i just remember them being semi type full contactback then)

one school i wont mention ( got black belt i think age 16 or 17) very famous school around area, posts are all over this forum..

competed in several NAS tournaments ( got disqualified a few times for making contact in point sparring and a few things)

then various other martial arts ( several aikido's, kung fu, a lot of boxing and kickboxing, plus others)
    about 21? started with wanye roy schhols in the city (melbourne) got to brown, moved to brissie and trained directly.
    moved back to melb. started bujinkan with craig guest, and over the next years trained with several bujinkan instrauctors around australia.
    currently 4th dan bujinkan

also trained with john beckman was western defence school i think (now senjutsu ryu).he is also the president of the ajja. great schools and teachers, open my eyes up a bit.

shinkendo there with sensei howard.

also trained in bjj with a peter de been school in werribee.

moved back to brissie and started tohkon ryu, another great school.
    also judo with maurice mirabito

then full time in a shotokan school.

started competing again in judo, and iska tournaments after about 15 years off.
    multiple 1st, 2nd's and the like. local, state champion. was head referee for grappling qld for these events. went through the referee's courses. this are online to check. ill post links when i can.

opened my own school and gym. now teaching, training and studying further.
    im still competing in bjj tournaments. and currently planing for about 20 more events for nxt year.

lastly cert 3 in sports coaching ( martial arts)
    cert 4 fitness.
    finishing off diplomas.

so you get the idea.

there is most likely some more, but that is plenty. as i said, im not boasting or anything, just answering some questions asked here. also please ignore my spelling mistakes.

will this be enough to now post my photo's and links.

famous quote .... watch this space

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 11:21pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please be clearer, mathew.

1. Do you teach MMA?

2. Do you teach judo?

3. Do you teach BJJ?

4. What are your ranks in judo and bjj IF you teach them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 12:39am

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by family karate View Post
    ...why does everyone bash the Bujinakn...
    Not everyone does, however I can't say the same for the other "MA" that you mentioned...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast