Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 11:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Junkfood, coffee, more coffee, Chinese crime movies, and novels by Glenn Cook.

Chello!

Today is a great day for me, because, after weeks of procrastination, I am finishing all the paperwork. ALL THE PAPERWORK.

Got up so early I saw the second part of "To Boldly Flee" being posted, and will likely get to sleep so late it's night again.

...And while I am doing the paperwork, random stuff pops into my head that I hope you good bullies can help me with.

1. So, Mozilla's Thunderbird is dying. I am desperately looking for a similar (free) mail program, but all that I have tried didn't convince me so far. I do a lot of paperwork over mail, so I need extensive archive structures. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rafe

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 11:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2. I am trying the new Comodo dragon webbrowser today. Is it just me, or does it suck?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 1:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullies, Y U NO HALP?!

Installing ALPINE now. Really, running out of options.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your work isn't sensitive, you should use a cloud email service instead of installing anything.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 2:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but I enjoy working offline from time to time.

Trying Mulberry now, won't budge.

Is there no non-microsoft email client other than Thunderbird that is even remotely workable for somebody who is not a computing genius? :(

Also, unrelated, where should I set the Black Company RPG campaign I want to run for my group? Forest of Clouds? :D

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 2:59pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    So, Mozilla's Thunderbird is dying. I am desperately looking for a similar (free) mail program, but all that I have tried didn't convince me so far. I do a lot of paperwork over mail, so I need extensive archive structures. Any suggestions?
    What's your problem with Thunderbird?

The change that was recently announced is not that they're going to stop shipping TB, nor that they are going to stop bugfixes. Rather, they said they felt the product is sufficiently mature and feature-complete that they no longer want to prioritise the development of new features because they want to put those people on FF. There will still be bugfixes, it'll just be in maintenance mode.

Now, what major forthcoming features in mail clients were you looking forward to that make staying with TB untenable? I know I haven't been blown away by major additions in quite a few releases; I also haven't cared because it already does exactly what I need it to do.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main problem is the following: In Thunderbird, apparently you can only send from one address. However, now, I need an address for official stuff, and TB prohibits me from sending mails from a different address, but through the same account.

So, unless I want to do all my stuff through the very crappy browser interface on my mail client's website, to switch from TB to a program that can.

Might seem a laughable problem, but this has me wasting time on google since the beginning of the month.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 4:13pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    My main problem is the following: In Thunderbird, apparently you can only send from one address. However, now, I need an address for official stuff, and TB prohibits me from sending mails from a different address, but through the same account.
    I'm not even sure what this means. You can easily setup multiple accounts in TB...and, for that matter, you can change Reply-To headers. I don't grok the use case. What's the point of multiple addresses for one account that multiple accounts can't address?
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”