MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Send-Off

So, with me about to leave Seattle's sunny shores for parts unknown, my Sambo club gave me their traditional send off.
    Turns out, their traditional send off consists of 30 minutes of randori with no rests and constantly rotating fresh opponents.
    And while I may or may not have been choked unconscious at one point (I'm a bit hazy on that), I was sadly *not* able to vomit from exhaustion and thus did not get a hallowed tick mark on the Sea-Town Sambo pukin' wall.
    I did, however, learn an important lesson:
    When I get tired, I really just want to lie down. As I grew more weary, I noticed myself going more and more for shots and sacrifice throws, and then just sacrifice throws, and then just really half-assed sacrifice throws that were pretty much just pulling guard. Despite my best efforts, the urge for naptiem just becomes overwhelming.
    I'm gonna miss this place. Here's to you, Sea-Town Sambo.
    *Raises glass*
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 12:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a pretty fucking cool send-off, mayne. Incidentally, I spoke to Rorsharch, the famous psych guy and he said your pulling for sac throws and **** is because you secretly want to lie on your back and get fucked. I told him that people who lie on their back generally get fucked and he told me you a bitch. I told him that wasn't cool.

When I was last moving and leaving the last gym I trained at all the time for a long time, I puked. But that was because the guys invited me out and made me drink inhuman quantities of alcohol. I vaguely remember puking in a corner outside the bar, and then being asked by the taxi driver who was taking me home not to puke in the ************.
    Good times.

How much will the availability of good MA training factor into your decision regarding where you move to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 12:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    How much will the availability of good MA training factor into your decision regarding where you move to?
    Eh, the answer is "moderate." I've pretty much narrowed it down to two places at the moment; one of which is a smaller-ish town that has a suprisingly strong MMA scene; the other is Chicago. I'm not super familiar with the martial arts scene in Chi-town, but I suspect I can find one or two places that might be good.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 7:11am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a serious man crush on Aaron. He came down to Austin to teach a seminar awhile back and it was phenomenal. Not to mention he's a hilarious guy.

I'm envious that you got to train with him, and sad that you have to leave. Nevertheless, your quest for world domination one chainmail item of clothing at a time must continue.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 1:56pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So, with me about to leave Seattle's sunny shores for parts unknown, my Sambo club gave me their traditional send off.
    Turns out, their traditional send off consists of 30 minutes of randori with no rests and constantly rotating fresh opponents.
    And while I may or may not have been choked unconscious at one point (I'm a bit hazy on that), I was sadly *not* able to vomit from exhaustion and thus did not get a hallowed tick mark on the Sea-Town Sambo pukin' wall.
    I did, however, learn an important lesson:
    When I get tired, I really just want to lie down. As I grew more weary, I noticed myself going more and more for shots and sacrifice throws, and then just sacrifice throws, and then just really half-assed sacrifice throws that were pretty much just pulling guard. Despite my best efforts, the urge for naptiem just becomes overwhelming.
    I'm gonna miss this place. Here's to you, Sea-Town Sambo.
    *Raises glass*
    You should come back Wed. night and do it again so I can get my chance at "saying good bye" ;P

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 5:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    You should come back Wed. night and do it again so I can get my chance at "saying good bye" ;P
    Sadly, wednesday is sort of my move-out day, so I won't be in attendance.
    Also, Aaron has assured me that I would not be subjected to a second farewell, until such time as I returned to seattle. Then it's an hour straight instead of 30 minutes.

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 5:51pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Sadly, wednesday is sort of my move-out day, so I won't be in attendance.
    Also, Aaron has assured me that I would not be subjected to a second farewell, until such time as I returned to seattle. Then it's an hour straight instead of 30 minutes.
    Fine, run from me I see how it is ;) -- j/k.

Well let me know when you come back for a visit I'll try and be their with my camera ;)

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 12:31am

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh hell a bro-mance and such nice words.

Well Alex take care of yourself and you know, anytime in Seattle, you should consider our mat home. (Not in the take no showers, sleep on the mat sense....HA!)

We are not fancy, we are not trendy, we are not MMA or whatever is cool at the moment. We are grappling club that has folks with no background up to high levels in a variety of grappling sports. All we want to do is be good grapplers, nothing more, no bullshit.
    Last edited by Aaron Fields; 9/06/2012 12:32am at . Reason: typo

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 12:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Fields View Post
    Ahh hell a bro-mance and such nice words.

Well Alex take care of yourself and you know, anytime in Seattle, you should consider our mat home. (Not in the take no showers, sleep on the mat sense....HA!)

We are not fancy, we are not trendy, we are not MMA or whatever is cool at the moment. We are grappling club that has folks with no background up to high levels in a variety of grappling sports. All we want to do is be good grapplers, nothing more, no bullshit.
    Thanks Aaron. I'll definitely be coming back in late october, so expect me to show up around then.
    And I promise not to sleep on the mats. Unless I get choked out, in which it will hopefully be for a very short amount of time.