Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 11:03pm

Style: Karate, w/ a side of judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar View Post
    Thanks , Im enjoying it the people are all very cool and am training with some good karate ka , The kata is the main thing stressed , I just started to learn the first Yakosuko 's , I could definitely see how they can throw you off . Im picking up the Kata pretty quick considering they are similar to shotokan , My Sensei while he is Kobayashi also throws in Shobayashi and Matsubayashi katas for fun like the Fugyatas Wansu , and Seiunchin for example . Its a good system
    Yes, the Shorinkan is pretty relaxed on what can be taught by its member schools, so long as the curriculum includes the standard Shorinkan kata and yakusoku kumite sets. My instructor has experience with a few styles of martial arts, so we have a well blended curriculum as well. It's a great way to be introduced to new ideas!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 7:54am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar View Post
    Thanks , Im enjoying it the people are all very cool and am training with some good karate ka , The kata is the main thing stressed , I just started to learn the first Yakosuko 's , I could definitely see how they can throw you off . Im picking up the Kata pretty quick considering they are similar to shotokan , My Sensei while he is Kobayashi also throws in Shobayashi and Matsubayashi katas for fun like the Fugyatas Wansu , and Seiunchin for example . Its a good system
    Matsubayashi was my first system. Still love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 10:03am

Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi I train Goju Ryu in Spain, but I met some practitioners of the same group I belong in New yourk. I think you may like their dojo. I canīt post a link, as I am new in the forum, but if you type Staten island jundokan in google it will appear first. Is called Koketsu dojo.

All my best

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 7:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is very good information. I too have recently decided to completely divorce myself from shotokan (been separated for over a year now) due to issues it was causing with my hips and lower back. It's good to know that some traditional forms might be easier on my body, should I someday decide to go back to a traditional art. Thanks everyone for posting.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123