Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 9:43am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stabbed in the head with a chisel... it stuck in :S I think it was a 1/4", hit about 1" from my eye, that would have sucked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 3:59pm

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good grief, how on earth did that happen?!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    One time a couple weeks ago my right knee felt a little sore after doing a lot of knee strikes during training. It felt better the next day though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 10:44pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got my braces redone the day before training and forgot my mouthguard to class. Ate a solid hook to the face and spent the next 10 minutes painfully peeling my lips from my teeth in the bathroom. My mom was called and she brought me to an oral surgeon after that so it was all good.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyhra View Post
    In May of 2011 I got slammed with an O Soto Gari, hit me like a mack truck, broke a vertebrae in my neck.
    And last week a new student collapsed on my knee while attempting an Ura Nage, luckily it didn't break, still hurt like a son of a bitch though.
    A NEW student was attempting Ura Nage or you were attempting Ura Nage on a new student.

Either one is bad.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 12:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tore the groin muscles in my left leg very badly back in 2002. We were just warming up, me with my usual 90 kg training partner. We were just moving around easily and doing nage komi (throwing). I went in for a simple Yoko Tomoe Nage (so I though). I was very relaxed, and my left foot got caught in his right inguinal area, his weight twisted and pulled my leg and a sound like a tearing sheet was heard, followed by some cussing on my part.

Obviously something was very wrong. I took off my belt and tied my legs together, and requested to be taken to the ER, which was conveniently located only a few blocks (withing sight, LOL) of the dojo. When I arrived, my then wife (ex now) was doing an ER rotation as part of her family medicine training. Hilarity ensued as the other doctors accused her of injuring me during sex, which was fucking hilarious because she was so not like that...

Anyway, it was decided I would live so I went home.

Soon the whole inside of my left thigh was black and purple, including the left side of of my scrotum plus my penis. Unfortunately it didn't get any larger, but I did remark to my wife that she could now pretend I was someone else...just dont' look up !

I eventually recovered, but it screwed my training for a long time (months).

More recently, I achieved a 3rd degree AC tear in my right shoulder while competing in a small tournament in Canada. One of my own students managed to land both of us on my shoulder (300 lbs in one small place). Once again, a large tearing sound was heard, the crowd gasped, an I knew I was hosed. No surgery as it was discovered while doing PT that I had pretty severe arthritis in my right shoulder, exacerbated by the AC tear due to inactivity.

So those two are pretty memorable.

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 2:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    ...my left foot got caught in his right inguinal area, his weight twisted and pulled my leg and a sound like a tearing sheet was heard...
    So...if someone tries to sack you, catch the foot in crotch--just south of junk--by snapping thighs together...then do a whole-body leftward or rightward twist (at least 90 degrees) for a nice rending effect on the offending leg?

Hmmm...I'm guessing low-percentage due to very difficult timing, but if you can make it work...

For politeness' sake, I'll let someone else try it first.

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 4:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    So...if someone tries to sack you, catch the foot in crotch--just south of junk--by snapping thighs together...then do a whole-body leftward or rightward twist (at least 90 degrees) for a nice rending effect on the offending leg?

Hmmm...I'm guessing low-percentage due to very difficult timing, but if you can make it work...

For politeness' sake, I'll let someone else try it first.
    Something like that. I don't' think I could recreate the particular circumstance again if I had to,and I sure as hell don't want too! Man, that hurt like hell!

Uke didn't even do anything.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567