Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2012 2:05am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was randori and I had just gotten back from pulling an all nighter so I was really tired and wasn't paying to much attention and somehow tried to post with my left arm. Needless to say that I was in a sling for awhile and My long sleeve rash guard is missing a sleeve from the nice Doctors who I got rushed to. Completely my fault and after I got back I drilled break falls for 30 minutes every day for a month as penance and to make sure I would never do something stupid like that again. Its always weird to watch the video of you breaking your arm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2013 10:11am

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never got anything too bad.

3 worst would be 2 kicks to the head of separate occasions with no mouthguard, first time was a long cut inside my mouth which caused oone long fucking ulcer to develop and eating was painful. 2nd time was the same thing but was 5 small cuts.

Last and suckiest one was a kick resulting contact of my instep with an elbow and my tendon came out, went to physio and laid off training for 3-4 months.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 1:53am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine was my first Muay Thai (and last due to a number of reasons, but back in it in a couple of months) back in July last year.
    My kick check was non-existant and my opponent realised this. He started blasting at my calf/knee pretty much every 5 - 10 seconds for the 2nd and 3rd round. At one point I thought my knee might be broken but was not going to quit a fight due to a sore leg. The ref was quite concerned but let us carry on as I could still stand.
    I ended up with severe soft tissue damage which took about 10 weeks to heal properly. My left calf was the strangest shade of purple I've ever seen and was at least twice the size it should have been for quite some time.
    I probably should've gone to physio to get it healed quicker but thought, Meh, if I can still walk, run and kick after it heals I'll be fine, if not.... oh well!
    I still get a tight achiles now and then if I don't stretch properly before training an dhave some discoloration on my calf, but all in all it's healed up pretty well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 1:57am

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I had to wear a sock thing on my head, which made me look like a penis with a condom.
    There ya go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 1:55pm

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back when we were courting Fuzzy kicked my big toenail off while we were doing some drills. I had a 45 minute walk home up some very steep hills. All I can say is he he has a very winning personality.... (and did the dishes for a week).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 2:13pm

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was one hell of a kick!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 3:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sad thing is it really wasn't. :P It was meant to be a sweep but his foot was too high off the ground. There was a sort of awkward crunch, then I was sitting down in the middle of the floor clutching my foot and burst into tears. Very undignified.

After seeing this post Fuzzy reminded me that after I got home he proceeded to slam a fridge door into it that evening. I looked very strange come sandal season that year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 3:55pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is sounding like a martial arts version of Faulty Towers. LOL @ your misfortune.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 4:13am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL! I still feel a bit like Manuel in class sometimes.....

"Ok guys, we're going to do 10-count!"

"Ke?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 4:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that feeling. Thankfully though; no injuries other sprains and strains.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast